Bundesliga 2021/22- 22 women chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end a German team wins

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by Lohmann, Jul 1, 2021.

1. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #401 Batfink, Sep 13, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
    Seeing the UCL group draw, I feel like it's now or never for Frankfurt to make themselves a real 3rd power in this league. A club with past history, but not yet known to b capable of retaining their best talents, but also in need of making smart recruitment choices that can push them towards establishing a regular top 3 rivalry again.

We currently see Bayern have two players for each position, building a squad primed for European and domestic competition. While Wolfsburg's squad is big, but lacking focus to compete across multiple competitions.

Right now... I'd look at Frankfurt's talent pool the closet to becoming a potential strong team; but this dependent on them being able to continue maturing together as a group, and finish this season in 3rd place, paying close attention to the best talents to try and steal away from the clubs beneath them...:ninja:

2. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It's actually shocking to see how many German senior internationals Frankfurt have within their current squad...o_O Frohms - Anyomi - Kleinherne - Freigang - Nüsken. And beneath them, you have strong future candidates with Martinez, Küver, and potentially Hechler.

If Frankfurt can keep this domestic core of players together, and bring in smart foreign recruitments, they should be in a really strong position with the added maturity 2-3 years will provide.

3. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #403 hotjam2, Sep 14, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
    Lohmann, how on earth did HOF get stuck in such an powerful group? I mean you not only get the current champs, Barca, but Arsenal as well. And yet group B, got an club(Breidablik) as 2nd tier, even though I never ever heard off!
    I would consider Arsenal even an tougher opponent than Barca since they had such an strong recruiting season of frontliners with now the likes of Miedema Mead, Iwabuchi Foord & Parris striking fear as HOF plays their endless back passing to the GK tactic. But at least Brand can now prove my point that she could be the next Miedema!(maybe 3/4 years before she’s ready, lol)
    when are these group games scheduled?

4. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Read that Wolfsburg has call ups for 16 players for NTs!

5. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I had explained you already that weaker teams which regularly play in Champions League can have a higher coefficient than teams from strong leagues that qualify for the first time for CL. In the last five seasons which are relevant for the coefficient Breidablik has beaten Cardiff, Sofia, Sarajevo, Tel Aviv, Skopje, Sparta Prague and had draws against Subotica and Rosengard. Clubs get only 20% of the country coefficient so that Hoffenheim had 15,100 points and Breidablik 5,000 points from the country coefficient. Additionally Breidablik has 12 points which they got for their results in the last five years.
    You can find the explanation here:
    https://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/womensclub/about/
    And here is the current ranking which includes results from this season:
    https://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/womensclub/#/yr/2022

hotjam2 repped this.
  6. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I would take Nuskins over Feirsinger and apparently someone else likes Oberdorf at CB?
    241977042_408381207298861_8400084486414112374_n.jpg
    I got so far
    6 Germans
    3 Dutch
    2 Poles
    1 Swede
    1 Dane

so 3 missing? but 9 Germans(rostered with WOB) with previous call ups & 2 injured Dutch(with previous call ups)

7. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
  8. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  9. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    DFB-Pokal
    Hamburger SV-Gütersloh 1:1aet pen:3:2
    Hirche(11) - Rieke(33)

Ebing-Freiburg 0:10(0:3)
    Fölmli(4), Minge(15), Xhemaili(30p), Kayikci(49,58,59,67), Müller(62,89), Vojtekova(84)

Bocholt-Bremen 0:1(0:0)
    Sehan(88)

Hannover 96-Potsdam 1:5(0:3)
    Rathmann(65) - Cerci(6,35,53), Weidauer(36), Ehegötz(73)

Andernach-Sand 0:1(0:1)
    Evels(45+3)

Elversberg-Bayern 0:6(0:4)
    Damnjanovic(10,38,58), Rall(12), Wenninger(32), Zadrazil(84)

More games tomorrow and on Monday(Duisburg-Wolfsburg).

10. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    here's the stream for Hoffenheim's German Cup game vs 3,4, 5th division? Wurzburger Kickers, who probably more famous for their......hotdog with plenty of mustard on top(but hold the mayo) than their soccer?

Klingo3034 and Lohmann repped this.
  11. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    DFB-Pokal
    Hegauer FV-Jena 0:2(0:1)
    Walter(43), Volkmer(85)

Babelsberg-Siegen 0:6(0:4)
    Schöbel(4), Vogt(23), Fernholz(25,35), Dentler(75,90)

Meppen-Essen 0:1(0:0)
    Senß(90+2)

Leipzig-Leverkusen 1:3(1:1)
    Fudalla(45+2) - Zeller(19), Weilharter(47og), Wieder(55)

Bielefeld-Köln 0:6(0:1)
    Barrett(23p,67), Beckmann(48), Müller-Prießen(51), Kuznik(77,86)

Rostock-Henstedt-Ulzburg 0:7(0:3)
    Michel(6), Hilmer(45,77), Homp(52,63), Knobloch(45+2), Nagorny(69)

Worms-Karlsruhe 0:2(0:1)
    Zweigner-Genzer(19p), Grünbacher(90+3)

Würzburg-Hoffenheim 0:5(0:3)
    Linder(13), Naschenweng(22p), Fühner(36), Dongus(80), Kocsan(82)

Nürnberg-Frankfurt 0:5(0:1)
    Freigang(16,81), Mauron(55), Johansdottir(58), Prasnikar(64)

Lechus7 repped this.
  12. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Würzburg was last season relegated from 2.Bundesliga.

13. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  14. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Duisburg-Wolfsburg 1:3(1:2)
    Uveges(21) - Huth(43,85), Oberdorf(44)

The draw for the next round is on Sunday.

15. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Wolfsburg vs Duiseburg full game from yesterday

Batfink and Lohmann repped this.
  16. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Oh, having watched the first half now, I'm even more sure as of now that Wedemeyer is a far superior CB than Oberdorf. She's got the speed, technique, passing, control to be a pretty good CB. It just feels like she'll need the coaches trust, regular playing time as a CB to take the next step in her development as one of Germany's better CB. As of now, Hegering's the best CB, but Wedemeyer beside her in the NT would be a big upgrade from Oberdorf/Doorsoun :confused:

Oh, and Lattwein's ability to recover is pretty terrible... when she lost the ball there, leading to 1-0 for Duisburg, she just gave up, then ran after Duisburg with terrible pace, stopped by the end of the box to just watch it play out, then she could've won the 2nd ball from the player who scored the goal, lmao. I really do rate her somewhat, but she's not a true defensive midfielder judging from all the games I've seen of her so far :cautious: @Batfink

Batfink repped this.
  17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I was just going to post the EXACT same sentiment concerning the obvious superiority Wedemeyer showcased as a CB, versus a more talented player like Oberdorf continuously failing to perform the same tasks.

Wedemeyer's a true defender, Oberdorf isn't, and it should be pretty obvious to club/wnt coaches by now, that it's not creating any positives to persist with this failure any longer.

18. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yes... she's 100% not a DM lol. And I've repeated this the whole time she's been at Wolfsburg too, knowing her team won't see the best of her until she's finally deployed in matches alongside a regular CM partner (I thought this would be Roord/Oberdorf)

So after witnessing another poor 1st half display from Lattwein as a DM within a 4-3-3, I find it no coincidence that she saw a massive improvement during a 2nd half Starke moved next to her within a 4-2-3-1.

We've all seen how bad this scenario of Lattwein as a DM works during the 1st leg WUCL match Vs. Bordeaux; So I fear her coach still has his intentions focused on playing a 4-3-3 this season, still not wanting to admit he doesn't have the players necessary to do it correctly.

Seriously, questions NEED to be asked of Wolfsburg recruitment strategy. It clearly having had no thought of what the club wanted, versus what the new coach expected...:confused:

19. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    @hotjam2 You really need to be aiming all your weird negative energy towards Wolfsburg lol. This a club who's the true personification of your angst for German clubs collecting talented players to waste away on the bench, or be deployed in wrong positions and stagnate...:coffee:

If Bayern signs a player, it's because their coaching department have a clear role for them, in a position the coaching department know they can produce high quality performances.

Wolfsburg had a second team face Duisburg in a cup match, but did so with a changed formation, and a host of players in roles they appear confused, or in a period of stagnation lol

So where's the negativity for Wolfsburg's poor football, and waste of talent...?

20. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Wolfsburg has the 14 players to create a genuinely tough team to beat, but I don't see any evidence their coaching department has any idea how to do it; and I don't even think they joined knowing a majority of players at the club either...:cautious:

I mean... come the end of the season, if Wolfsburg don't act correctly, they might find themselves in trouble if Frankfurt finally start to do more than speak about their new partnerships, and start recruiting key international talents.

Küver - Kleinherne - Hechler - Frohms - Nüsken - Anyomi - Martinez - Freigang, form the potential basis of a genuine high quality team. And if they can bring in more Prasnikar level additions to this domestic core group, it won't be long before Frankfurt a genuine problem for a side in transition like Wolfsburg.

Frankfurt could have 8 senior wnt players in their team come the next WC...o_O

21. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    WOB played very robotic yesterday. It’s almost like watching an soccer video that’s on auto-drive; everything comes predictable, especially where the passes are going. So hence, it was easy to pick off Lottwein, she was facing Oberdorf, so obviously who ever was marking her, knew the pass was coming. Instead of the freedom given usually to wingers(or at least four previous ones in Huth, Wassmuth, Knaak, Starke) I’m afraid this coach has turned them into robots with no individual thought to create things.

And yet everything changes if Pajor playing. Whether it’s long balls, short give n go’s, crosses, or clear out one side of field so she can go on long, individual runs & shots, > it’s all meant for her! So do to her creds & delivering goals, guess some might feel that Pajor deserves to be Queen B, but in the meantime a lot of other careers are going down the drain.

Wolfsburg will play Chelsea next week. They seem to be red hot after they destroyed (usual 4th ranked) Man U, 6-1. But I guess the English got their own problems; super hot Arsenal & Chelsea only average 3 English players in their starting lineup, and Arsenal just demolished Man City(it’s got about half of England’s NT’s) 5-0…….just saying; another league doesn’t give a shit on developing their own country’s NT’s it’s creed to win the Champions League

22. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It's called tactics... you know, the important factor I keep telling you exists in this sport, but you continue to dismiss as irrelevant for the women's side of the game...:rolleyes:

Coaches aren't mentalists, able to turn professional athletes into automaton. It's a TEAM sport, that requires a cohesive unison between 11 individuals to stop opposition, and score goals.

But whenever you see poor coaching in women's football negatively effect individual talents, you'll use excuses of players simply not doing what they want to do lol.

23. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If Wolfsburg didn't have Pajor, you do realize they would have already been knocked out of the WUCL...:coffee:

When Pajor plays, she provides a genuine goal threat for a side lacking a credible mid-field plan, or a strong defense. Huth being the only other attacking player within their club right now, close to a level you'd expect for a team challenging for major trophies.

So Pajor's doing her job... meaning it's on her coach to understand a way to get a supporting cast of attacking talent featuring VDS, Waßmuth, Bremer, Blomqvist, Smits, to actually perform at the elite standard many believe they can.

24. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yet Wolfsburg could start that match Vs Chelsea with at least 5 German internationals, while we know Bayern (with everyone healthy) can feature up to 7 or more wnt players, as you throw nothing but unnecessary slander at a league all 3 of it's WUCL representatives are built on the back of majority domestic talent...:rolleyes:

Hoffenheim go into WUCL matches with a potential 5 wnt players, but even Frankfurt finished 6th place in the league last season, with a squad now featuring 8 or more legit wnt prospects.

But no... this league is weak all because the wnt run like a part time Sunday league club, as Bayern Munich selfishly destroys careers stealing the leagues best domestic talent...:confused:

25. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Now hold on. Wolfsburg got(count them)16 current & former German NT’s! ……to go along with 5 Dutch, 2 Polish, 1 Dane & 1 Swede,NT’s.
    Some of them like Blasse are irrelevant but others like Wedemeyer(who got an whole 24 minutes under Stefi Jones) still could be in the running.
    But almost nobody looked good playing an mechanical & predictable style vs 2nd tier opponents.
    Feel bad for Wassmuth, 2 years ago she looked like one of Germany’s brightest hopes. Actually scored 4 goals in one game, twice! under HOF’s previous coach. She’s yet to have an decent game for WOB(and didn’t even see playing time in the 2nd Bordeaux match). Or how about Smits? Who was last year’s Dutch league scoring champ. Even Hendrich(who played so well last week for MVT) looked like she was stuck in 2nd gear vs Duisburg.