Bundesliga 2018-19, Bayern Munich or bust!

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by hotjam2, Aug 20, 2018.

1. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Batfink repped this.
  2. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Sara and Leo... ):

3. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Allowing Däbritz to leave the club as their most consistent goal scoring attacker, should tell everybody that Bayern currently has zero interest in increasing the budget for it's women's team for the next few years.

Plus what does this mean for the future of somebody like Maier...?

4. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ok, so I just realized it was a pretty old established fact for numerous people, that 9 players had all decided not to renew contracts with Bayern; with these same people suggesting opinions that Roord, Zinsberger, Maier, are all headed to Arsenal, with Rölfö headed to Wolfsburg...:unsure:

So I assume rumors of Däbritz headed to PSG are factual too, making me wonder who else Bayern have planned to recruit in the summer, as Gwinn, Dallmann, Schlüter, are a good start, but will still require the club find at least 5 more international quality players to join them if Bayern are to mount credible challenges domestically, and in Europe.

5. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Perhaps Maier to Wolfsburg? I mean they need fullbacks and knowing what she's capable of... then maybe
    Disappointed that Leo and Sara are leaving Bayern, it just won't feel like the same Bayern anymore imo lol
    sad

6. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Dabritz & Rolfo going to PSG. Lowandowski & Behringer probably retiring, Gephardt moves to Potsdam,. Leaves figrung out where Vonkova, Zinci, Roord & lil Leo are headed?

WOB promised to name two new players after the season ends.. Take it that Man U will be in the hunt for new players since their moving to div 1 next season/West Ham did phenom well in its first year, especially with its internationa recruiting

I'm a big fan of the PSG coach, Echoufni, as French retied player, Abily once said, "he only knowns 3 words; attack, attack, attack" ~~~ so be interesting to see how Dabritz responds/play to that style

hate to see Germans go over to England, this last season, just about their players were on long term injury lists(Kemme, Bremer, Simic, Berger, Ewers)

7. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    This theory you've created on Maier's potential future makes too much sense, so you can almost guarantee it won't happen lol. But with Wolfsburg's bigger issues being their CB situation (the loss of Fischer), I wonder more about who they plan on bringing to the club to finally fix this long standing issue of quality defensive depth.

Däbritz has the potential to be an even better player. So unlike following the developmental path of Marozsan, it's disappointing to see her leave Bayern and the Bundesliga so soon, before she's really showcased this evolution of her game.

But with Maier potential future outside of Germany, I feel like some of the leagues other young FB's are all set to render her time with the senior wnt finished anyway...:cautious:

8. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #433 Batfink, May 5, 2019
    Last edited: May 5, 2019
    Looking at footage of the English cup final, I'm still highly suspect of the actually all round quality of football in England...:unsure:; but they seem to be the main nation prepared to offer the best financial incentives to female players currently outside of the bracket being considered truly elite.

So, yeah... maybe Manchester United will be next English club to raid the Bundesliga. But I think this only starts becoming a problem for the German game, if it's best clubs stop housing/recruiting the nations senior international talent, and see it difficult to stop top youth talent (U-20) from leaving the country to early too.

As for all it's issues, the Bundesliga still a very good home for various international players wanting to refine or improve their game. And still a place very capable of producing strong teams outside the top 2, within a pretty tough league season.

9. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I would pick Arsenal to win the CL next year(if they don't suffer from horific injuries) and just look how they raided the Bundesliga; Miedema, Schnaderbeck, Kemme, Walti, Evans to go along with Nobbs, Little, Mead, Van De Donk & Bloodsworth.. And I bet their not yet finished with their radiing party!

WOB vs Hof, up next
    https://tv.dfb.de/livestream/frauen-bundesliga-tsg-1899-hoffenheim-vfl-wolfsburg/25116/

10. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Bold opinion to hold for a competition that's been typically defined by what stage the Lyon vs Wolfsburg encounter takes place. But why are you also always so positive about the heavy foreign recruitment policy of non German clubs, when you constantly go so negative about the foreign natures of Wolfsburg, and Bayern...?

literally every match Wolfsburg, or Bayern, will have without one of their German internationals scoring, you can't wait to repeat the same negative talk about these clubs supposedly having too many foreign players.

But clubs like Arsenal, Barcelona, Lyon... all pack there teams with various foreign names, and your almost gloating about what they've become in the UCL, while still being part of leagues inferior in quality, or simply no better than the Bundesliga.

And don't talk about the perceived quality of foreign players in other leagues being higher, because outside of Lyon, I don't think Wolfsburg would be concerned about any other opponent in the UCL; with a constantly underachieving Bayern managing to waste a impressive amount of chances against an equally toothless UCL finalist Barcelona.

11. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #436 Batfink, May 5, 2019
    Last edited: May 5, 2019

And i now see that Kössler is actually headed to the US college system, better explaining her departure from Potsdam. But they appear to be losing a lot of players in the summer, making it very hard to see how they compete next season.

12. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Arsenal site even came out with an article about raiding the Bundeslega
    Are Bayern Munich becoming a feeder club for Arsenal? - Daily Cannon
    possibly 3 pf BM's headed that way?

latest rumour; Rolfo headed for WOB

13. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Rolfö is heading over to Wolfsburg, yes,
    So Bayern losing top players going forward like Däbritz and Rolfö and has yet "only" signed Gwinn and Dallmann so I'm not sure how they'll do next season anyway, but Scheuer's coming so hopefully they'll get better coaching then - not sure how Bayern will look next season

I think Maier decided herself not to renew her contract with Bayern so I definitely imagine her going to England

14. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    so WOB signed Rolfo, Huth, Rauch & now I read their after Dutch international, Bloodsworth. They looked a little tired vs Hoffenheim, who won a lot of the field game but just didn't have polished, finishing touch(so looks like WOB in need for some more depth with their long season).. Are they loosing Fisher?

if it's true, that lil Leo(along with Jill Roord) are moving to Arsenal, than she might just have a better chance of winning the CL, or at least starting, since Gwinn as of late has been playing rright back

15. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I honestly see Bayern being a far more cohesive/disciplined team next season. But to challenge for domestic titles, hoping to push themselves into realistic touch of a UCL final, I also think they'll need to recruit at least one more quality attacking option capable of producing 12-15 league goals.

And this because as of right now they'll have, Magull, Dallmann, Islacker, being the only players who've managed to score 12 or more league goals in one season; with the assists rates of Dallmann, Magull, Gwinn, all being high enough over recent seasons, to point towards the addition of one more forward potentially making them a real problem for WOB next season.

16. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I mean, if the loss of Däbritz and Rolfö is already being used as an early excuse to dismiss next seasons Bayern, I'd argue the impressive stats of Dallmann, and Gwinn, within their respective weaker teams should extinguish those doubts almost immediately lol.

Magull most likely returning to the player we saw at Freiburg, with Gwinn and Dallmann producing goals and assists at a very similar rate, (sometimes even better) compared to Däbritz and Rolfö, meaning if Bayern could (just try) push for somebody like Schüller, they could easily be an even stronger attacking force next season.

17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #442 Batfink, May 7, 2019
    Last edited: May 7, 2019
    I'm sure it's been known for a long time that it would be Fischer's final season at Wolfsburg. But when it comes to providing more depth to their squad, surely Wolfsburg address their CM situation at the same time, no? Seeing them start looking at options like Groenen, and Lattwein, to replace Neto and provide genuine competition for SBG.

Knowing Huth - Pajor - Harder - Popp - (potentially) Rolfö, will all continue to score a lot of goals... but at a time their losing the stability of Fischer, making it even more important after the latest Lyon tactical disappointments that they finally push to resolve their post Keßler - Goeßling CM stagnation.

18. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Using more rational thinking here, it's still a highly unlikely scenario to see Arsenal winning anything in the UCL, if it's heavily dependent on Lyon and Wolfsburg facing each other before the final lol.

And you still didn't answer my earlier questions relating to this very topic of teams recruitment policies; where your nothing but positive about English teams constantly recruiting so many foreign players for their league, while constantly choosing to attack Germany's top two clubs for merely existing with foreign names regularly scoring goals...:rolleyes:

It just has me believing your using a lot of hypocrisy here, and would honestly like to know why you maintain holding on to such a flawed opinion... as how can Maier have a better chance of starting for a new team, that's supposedly going it's next seasons UCL with a far better chance than her old club of lifting the trophy...?

19. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    well just about everybody knows the Bundelisga is going to get weaker, it's loosing almost all the foreign marquee players(Caro, Fisher, Groenen, ect) as well as top previous domestic(Dabritz, Maro, Kemme, Bremer, ect). Here's another article proving that point

Die Fußballfrauen des VfL Wolfsburg sucht dringend Konkurrenz
    sorry but the run of the mill foreigners from Eastern Europe, Austria & the Swiss aint going to cut it anymore

so the other question is; will WOB still be able to win the CL next season? and that's a good point that their still pick up Rolfo & Huth for the missing Caro & Fisher(who can at least be replaced by Doorsoun)

but WOB looked poor once again vs Lyon(6-3 goal agg. vs Cheslea managed 2-3 vs Lyon), and hasn't been impressive as of late(perhaps looking even tired) with just one goal wins vs Hoff & Freiburg, even though it didnt have the semi CL series tying them down.

With BM, you can throw the best mids at them(with the arrival of Dallmann/Gwinn) but they still in dire need a world class striker(hence, their zero goals vs Barca proves that point0. Nikita Parris(after not renewing her contract at Man City), says it's down to Lyon or Munich, Will BM step up to the plate?(and offer her more money?) Then we'll talk(if BM got a chance at te CL)

20. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Players come and go... that's how professional sports always work, so your not explaining anything I haven't already discussed in length around here; with the article you highlight just repeating everything I've consistently mentioned as Germany's biggest problems to resolve.

So instead of continuing to deflect attention away from my initial question, once again can you please explain the clear bias that makes it perfectly OK for English teams to be filled with foreign internationals...?

Why are you praising English clubs for taking players out of Germany's top division, after dismissing these EXACT same players while they produce the same, or better performances, for their previous Bundesliga employers...?

Can you not see the hypocrisy on show here is truly ridiculous lol.

21. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I have no idea what Wolfsburg will ever accomplish in the WUCL, because they continue to struggle with tactical adjustments they'll need to implement before they ever beat Lyon during normal time.

But trying to use their aggregate score against Lyon in this seasons competition is a sneaky way to try and prove a point lol. This after anybody watching those games ( I know you did) will have seen Wolfbsurg's fate sealed by awful individual errors, and rather poor finishing.

This poor attacking play coming from three players you also incorrectly suggested better than Lyon's trio of Marozsan, Le Sommer, Hegerberg. Telling me some of your preconceptions of this Wolfsburg side, and this continued duel vs Lyon, all placed in the wrong areas of the field...:whistling:.

22. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Remember when previous Bayern teams won the WUCL with an attack featuring Meideima, Däbritz, (healthy) Lotzen, Evans, Iwabuchi, all in the same team... yeah... I don't...:rolleyes:

Oh, and do you remember all the goals and chances Barcelona's much more heralded foreign attack produced against Bayern's low status contingent in this seasons UCL semi finals... yeah... I don't remember that either.

Seriously... for years now, Bayern have been a team of complete underachievers both domestically, and in the UCL. But if there's one thing I'm sure will change with their new coaches arrival, it's finally seeing them producing better teams, genuinely capable of challenging for trophy's.

So would the extra push to recruit somebody like Schuller help... of course. But as usual, I feel like your not looking at the whole picture, to simply help justify a stance of some weird bias.

23. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #448 Batfink, May 9, 2019
    Last edited: May 9, 2019
    The coaching of Bayern's women has produced pretty inconsistent/disorganized teams for years, but it's only this season they get ridiculed for failing to meet the expectations of a few outsiders, determined to push a narrative of European women's football being stronger without any German prominence... huh?

With you @hotjam2 complaining about the German league having low status foreign talent. Complaining about the top German clubs having too many low status foreign players. Only to see you raise these exact same foreign players to a higher status, once they've moved to higher profile non German women's teams lol.

And this while ignoring Bundesliga winning Bayern teams past failures in the WUCL, to project a narrative of them not being able to succeed without actively recruiting more high profile foreign international talents; when we've still seen them previously fail using this exact method lol.

So anybody would agree this league a far more desirable condition having three or four teams all capable of being 1st place at it's end. But pretending all complaints instantly disappear if Wolfsburg are consistent UCL champions behaving like Lyon, is a complete fallacy.

24. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    being Dutch from my dad's side of the family, I certainly going to cheer for Arsenal who sometimes start 4 Dutch NT's(possibly 5 if Jill Roord moves there) which is more than even England starters. I'm sure lil Leo superfan,. Thomsen, will become an Arsenal fan as well(if she also moves there), lol

as a woso fan, got to cheer for anybody that believes in paying more money to it's players. But I've never been that much of fan of English style soccer, that's why I'll stll watch the Bundi games instead, just wish the league would step up & pay equal or more. Even at a suppodedly rich club like BM, most the foreign players live on BM's campus, rather than being able to afford their own apartment or house

Batfink repped this.
  25. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    @hotjam2 Thank you for being honest, admitting how your opinion would be biased towards the idea of players leaving Germany for English teams.

But for all the money English teams seem to be throwing into financing the aggressive recruitment of foreign talent out of Germany, I don't see this short cut method of advancing progress a pathway German clubs need to follow to strengthen the depth of talent within it's own league...:unsure: