Bundesliga, 2. Spieltag (R)

Discussion in 'Germany' started by olafgb, Aug 17, 2002.

1. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
    K'lautern vs Schalke 1-3

Kaiserslautern had the better start with Riedl scoring the deserved lead (34). Oddly the game shifted with the ejection for Schalke's Vermant (37). From then on only Schalke was playing and turned the game around by goals of Böhme (47 pk), Agali (54) and Sand (90)

Berlin vs Stuttgart 1-1

Unsatisfying result for Hertha. The first half was bad with Stuttgart having the better opportunities. Dundee scored the lead (14 - little hint for Rudi: he's currently much better than Zickler and Jancker). Hertha made pressure during the whole second half. Arne Friedrich, who recently was nominated for the national team, scored his first BL goal in his second game to rescue at least one point (85). The goal was assisted by Luizao who had his first game in the league.

Rostock vs Nürnberg 2-0

Not much to say. The better team won by two goals of Rene Rydlewicz.

Hannover vs 1860 1-3

Probably the most interesting game today. Hannover played very attractive, but 1860 was much more dangerous. Additionally to their goals they hit the post twice. After Borimirov's early lead (5) Hannover fought back with Stajner (27). Max (41) scored the game winner, Benjamin Lauth finished a counter attack in the last minute to score his first league goal in the second game.

Bayern vs Bielefeld 6-2

Well, these teams didn't seem to belong to the same league. Bielefeld had two chances and converted them (Wichniarek (51), Diabang (90)) but probably Bayern won't have such an easy game again this season. Man of the match was Giovane Elber with four goals (18/41/65/84). Ballack (26) and Pizarro (81) added the other two. Kahn, who didn't look good at the first goal, was injured in the last minute and can't play for the national team on Wednesday.

Bochum vs Cottbus 5-0

Onesided game that delivered the real shooting star of the first two games: Thomas Christiansen scored three today (26/35/84) - adding his two of the first game he is not only this season's top striker so far, but is also the second best all-time striker after two matchdays (only Gerd Müller was better with 6 in 1977). Freier (33) and Hashemian (64) added two to a game that could have ended much higher. Cottbus' Akrapovic was (not very correctly) ejected in the 45th.

Leverkusen vs Dortmund 1-1

Evidently two lost points for Leverkusen which would have won securely with only an average chance taking. However, both teams scored only once - Placente (23) and Koller (61) - and don't have a giant start with 2 points in 2 games.

2. Basti

Basti New Member

May 9, 2002
    Isn't Sean Dundee Australian?

3. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
    Re: Re: Bundesliga, 2. Spieltag (R)

I'm astonished that someone doesn't remember the theater about Sean Dundee. He's South Africa native, played some years in Germany when he became a shooting star in Karlsruhe. Berti Vogts wanted to have him and Dundee became German - unfortunatley Dundee suffered a deep, deep crisis for about three seasons from then on and doesn't have a single cap so far. The whole year 2002 he's performing quite well IMO.

4. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Re: Re: Re: Bundesliga, 2. Spieltag (R)

In other words: he signed for Liverpool FC.

5. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
    Wolfsburg vs M'gladbach 1-0

An average performance was enough for Wolfsburg to defeat a harmless Mönchengladbach. Martin Petrov scored the winner with a deflected free kick (67).

Bremen vs Hamburg 2-1

A deserved victory for the team with more and better chances, though Werder needed much luck as a correct Romeo-goal in the stoppage time was anulled. All scorers had their first Bundesliga goal today: Charisteas (9) and Wehlage (56) for Werder, Ujfalusi (20 - in his 50th Bundesliga game) for Hamburg. Bad luck for HSV-goalie Pieckenhagen in his 150th BL-game as the match winning goal was easily saveable.

6. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
    To complete the stats, the players with their first BL game I didn't mention before:

Nene (Hertha), Ioannis Amanatidis (Stuttgart), Remo Meyer (1860), Robert Vagner (Cottbus), Jiri Kaufman (Hannover), Benjamin Lense and Jesus Sinisterra (both Bielefeld)

7. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
    And finally:

Team of the day:

Lehmann (Dortmund) - Kientz (Rostock), Costa (1860), Kristajic (Bremen) - Ballack (Bayern), Jeremies (Bayern), Rydlewicz (Rostock), Wosz (Bochum) - Agali (Schalke), Christiansen (Bochum/2), Elber (Bayern)

Player of the day:

Giovane Elber

8. wolfsburgh

wolfsburgh Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Both FSW games were influenced by offsides decisions--I thought Dortmund's Koller was offsides on the goal he scored to tie Leverkusen; and Romeo, as Olaf noted, was plainly onsides for what should have been a last gasp equalizer for Hamburg against Bremen.

The Berbatov "goal" was, I thought, a good call. I didn't think Berbatov was offsides, but whoever was with him had been in an offsides position, and I think the ref decided that when Berbatov got the ball, he was no longer passively offsides. But since I'm not a ref, what do I know.

9. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
    I also had the impression with Koller on the first sight, but unfortunately the TV stations didn't feel necessary to solve the situation and kicker also generously stays silent about it. Neuville was in the offside position at Berbatov's goal.