Building A Team For The New Bernabeu - The Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Drouchk, May 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Trasnsfermarkt, Whoscored etc has Iker Bravo listed at 182 cm. That's almost 6 ft. Not impressive size for 17 year old? Yea, right. :D

2. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Seems like a low risk deal. Hard to get excited about it at all, but while unlikely it wouldn’t be that surprising to see him get some minutes later this season or next.

3. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You really have to be a full on cheerleader to say that a signing is good if his most impressive attribute is that hes 182 cm tall.

4. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Just correcting your incorrect claim. Now don't put words into my mouth.

5. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's just a signing for Castilla man. Why act as if this is a first team signing?

W8W8, Excape Goat and Shay Z repped this.
  6. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    He is technically very sound, coordinated, with good vision, and his finishing at the lower levels has always been very good. With him, its more the case that he doesn't do anything poorly. Whereas with other youth players, I always find something to knit pick on. I think he may have had a physical advantage over other 16 year old because I think his physical development was more along than others in that age bracket. So its possible the physical advantages don't translate.

He has always stood out with the Spanish Youth Teams, which isn't easy to do. A lot of the attacking tends to flow through him because he drops deep and starts give and go sequences.

I don't see him as a starting striker for Madrid. He has a higher ceiling than Soldado, RdT, Mayoral, and the band of former youth strikers that have come through Madrid. I think he could be starting material for say a Sevilla or an Atletico if he hits his ceiling.

There are some less than stellar rumors regarding his attitude. So he could end up being another Jese.

7. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    I've never seen so much criticism of a Castilla signing where its basically set up as a no lose situation for Madrid.

There is literally no one out there saying Madrid shouldn't do this deal.

8. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

9. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Latasa is 21 and Iker Bravo is 17.

Let's have some perspective. Iker Bravo could play the next 2 years in Castilla and still be 19.

10. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Iker Bravo is a regular for Spain NT at youth levels. Played U-15, U-17 and now U-19. Don't think Castilla has had a CF who's been a regular at Spanish NT youth level since Morata.

Bruno Iglesias who's generally rated as the best talent to have come out of cantera since Jese, Hakimi etc has been a Spain NT regular at U-16, 17 and now U-19 level as well. Bravo is highly rated from that generation of Spanish footballers. Now what we will see is if it will translate to senior level in the coming years or not.

Excape Goat, Doni and REALFOREVER repped this.
  11. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    His future looks bright, as you say hopefully he continues to develop. If he turns into a Morata in the sense that we’re able to genuinely rely on him as a legit depth option in attack then it would have been a very successful signing.

12. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This^

13. Beowulf112

Beowulf112 Member

Real Madrid
    Croatia
    Jun 3, 2018
    What are we going to do with reinier?we should loan him in a club like benfica/red bull salzburg/ajax where he is going to play regulary...he lost 2 year in dortmund

14. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    182 cm is not a giant, its average height, so its not an incorrect claim.

We are missing a forward and we are buying a forward. In the previous post I said I'd rather have Arribas than Bravo so obviously I didn't mean for Castilla. If he is signed to play for Castilla good, but then we are still a forward short for the first team.

15. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Real Madrid signed many players for Castilla each year, but Iker Bravo sounds liked a Calafat's signing. He is groomed for first team.

His youtube highlight is well-done. He does not look too big, but he is not small. , He is a very good dribbler for his size. He moved well in tight space. He does not look packed liked Benzema or Rooney, but he is only 17. He did use his body to bounce off the defenders. He also played well with his back to the goal. I did not see much footage of him headering the ball at all, but he had a bicycle kick goal.

16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We have players with the same profile as Arribas on the team already, that are much further ahead of him. I get that your work hole thing is being fashionably different but I don't see what you're going by here.

17. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The only player with a similar profile is Asensio and he's a bum. Arribas is a left footed winger or second forward or trequartista coming in mostly from the right side. Its a position that needs filling. Also, I happen to rate Arribas very highly and I think he has a good future ahead of him. My opinion is on a case by case basis, I don't base it on what others think. If others have the same opinion, thats great. If not, who cares, its still what I think about the particular case.

18. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Deep Pal and DoughB repped this.
  19. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Arribas is a 5"7 AM/Winger. If anything, he should be replacing Asensio when he eventually leaves. People not even sold 5"9 Rodrygo can play as false 9.

Bravo plays as CF for his teams. 182 cm is a good height at 17. He could end up as tall as Benz (185) with a normal growth. Anyways, he cost only 150k for loan. Too much over analysing. [emoji23]

Shay Z and Excape Goat repped this.
  20. Aensensen

Aensensen Member+

Jun 10, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ok, which one of you had a growth spurt at 17 or later? I'm serious. All my highschool buddies and me had our last growth spurt at 15-16. And then it stopped, forever. I'm not saying I'm right and you're wrong. I'm genuinely saying I've never seen anyone gain height at 17, not without growth hormone that is.

Deep Pal repped this.
  21. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Aensensen and Deep Pal repped this.
  22. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, I am 6"1 and wasn't as tall at 16. A lot of NBA draft prospects grow at 17. Not just bigs, but PGs/SGs as well. I am only talking about 2-3 cms for Bravo to reach Benzema's height.

Aensensen repped this.
  23. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Benzema is great not because hes tall but because he has all time great technique, which was evident even when he was a teenager.

Speaking of Benzema, too bad the Cherki rumours have died out. Benz taking him under his wing would have done wonders for his development.

Deep Pal repped this.
  24. Aensensen

Aensensen Member+

Jun 10, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hmm. I wasn't aware of the NBA prospects. I guess nutrition and sleep could be important factors in gaining the extra few cm after the last growth spurt.

Saeta Rubia and Deep Pal repped this.
  25. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--