Building A Team For The New Bernabeu - The Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Drouchk, May 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

With the development of Vinicius and Rodrygo I'm not really concerned that Mbappe is an absolutely must have player, I feel like we have his position covered. It's the players we have passed on like Haaland for example that are very different and we may need sooner than later. But Haaland is another player where the timing is off and we have an in form player for the position.

We don't really have successors for Benz and Modric and I don't see players out there that can go after, you just can't buy or teach the type of quality and other intangibles they bring to the table. That's the problem I see with the squad at the moment. Then again with Valverde and Camavinga it seems like we really only need a player that can sit in front of the defense and hold down the fort.

I can certainly understand why Mbappe might be getting cold feet if he's afraid he might disrupt the chemistry of a title winning team and also has doubts about what will happen when Benz and Modric retire after the WC. I don't think it's about money at this point if he's having second thoughts.

Deep Pal repped this.
  2. eran bar-levi

eran bar-levi Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Jul 18, 2018
    Israel
    if he will stay there, what the alternative now? no one will come.

3. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

In case you didn't notice Vinicius just had a breakout season and is the new Mbappe. Good chance he takes this form to the World Cup and absolutely blows up into a BdO candidate.

Deep Pal repped this.
  4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Just ridiculously immature.

Saint Iker, RMSocrates, ImadEdd and 2 others repped this.
  5. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We might strengthen other positions, but we'll be relying on a 34 year old Karim Benzema to have another personal record breaking season? I don't think so. All eggs are on the Mbappe basket. As much as the emergence of Vinicius Jr has been exciting to watch, he alone cannot carry the offense if something happens to Benzema. We need another elite scorer, and Mbappe is it. Florentino Perez has banked too much on Mbappe coming to see it fall apart at the last minute.

Is it the end of the world if he doesn't come? Certainly not, but it will be rough going next season without someone to share the scoring load with Benzema. We're heavily dependent on Karim staying healthy. We saw how things go when he is not in our previous el Clasico. Rodrygo has been doing well, but right now he's an elite supersub, not an elite scorer who can do it each and every game. That's too much of a burden for him and Vinicius to shoulder.

For a basketball comparison, Benzema getting injured for Real Madrid is like Steph Curry getting injured for the Golden State Warriors. The supporting cast can do a serviceable job, but it won't be the same without Benzema.

Realist repped this.
  6. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Why is there a meltdown on here already :D Don’t worry, he’s coming. [​IMG]

celito repped this.
  7. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ask yourself, is it truly a summer transfer thread without someone prematurely having a meltdown in the Real Madrid threads? Someone must be new here. :D

Anyways, when Julien Laurens gives up on keeping Mbappe at PSG, you know it's game over. He's headed to Madrid. He couldn't have given a more clear sign by his choice to spend his free time in Madrid a few days ago. Kylian is way too conscious of how the optics look and did it anyways, because he's doing everything he can to make it obvious with the exception of an announcement.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=4668220

I only wish we had Kylian Mbappe against Liverpool. He could show Mohamed Salah who the best Left Winger in the world is.

Digital and libertao repped this.
  8. RMrules

RMrules Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 12, 2019
    If he stays in PSG,Mbappe should NEVER play for Real Madrid.....move on .If he chooses money over his "dream" than he can f off.

Spend the money on strengtening the rest of the team with new young world class potentiol players like Bellingam,the guy from Monaco,some highly rated atackers,new right back etc.....

sick of this Mbappe saga and his "thinking about it"......if he stays thats it ,he should never play for us.

9. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

10. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    In other words this charade will go on until after we've played our final just like I thought. He won't have made his decision bla bla bla and then on the 29th bam "I have spent 5 seasons deciding and now i have decided together with my family, lawyers, my therapist, my local gardner, and all our neighbours that it's time to move on"

Relax people

saadomar, Deep Pal and Nathanial Essex repped this.
  11. Realist

Realist Member

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2019
    #13111 Realist, May 20, 2022
    Last edited: May 20, 2022
    The meltdown when he extends with PSG will be hilarious.

hector_br repped this.
  12. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  13. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    No more hilarious than your sad life as RM hater claiming to be a fan and posting here. Seeing all the success RM had on the pitch must have been so traumatic. :D.

Shay Z, RMSocrates, lukita and 2 others repped this.
  14. eran bar-levi

eran bar-levi Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Jul 18, 2018
    Israel
    i think if RM will prove a little bit the offer (30+) he will come.

15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Demogorgon in the house

Shay Z, libertao and Deep Pal repped this.
  16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This guy has been here before. A legend. It's a shame it's not his og account because he's got history here back to my own humble beginnings.

Saint Iker, Shay Z, meringues and 5 others repped this.
  17. Realist

Realist Member

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2019
    Here's what will happen:
    • Mbappe will choose to stay at PSG.
    • Real will lose the CL final against Liverpool.
    And btw, I placed a 5k EUR bet on Liverpool to win the CL. I'm so sure they will win the match.

Attached Files:

• bet.PNG
      bet.PNG
      File size:
      5.5 KB
      Views:
  18. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    You were sure about City also clown. Now jinx Pool. [emoji106][emoji106]

lukita, saadomar, ImadEdd and 2 others repped this.
  19. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yea, I remember how much he suffered during Ron era as well. [emoji23]Height of joblessness.

Deep Pal repped this.
  20. Realist

Realist Member

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2019
    Real were lucky against City. The quality, the possession, the chances were there for Man City. City dominated on both matches against Real. Objectively, Real didn't deserve to go through the final. Liverpool has all the mentioned features but also have what City lacks - winner mentality and experience with winning the final (e.g. 2019). And this time Liverpool doesn't have Karius on goal who would gift goals for RM. :p

21. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #13121 Saeta Rubia, May 20, 2022
    Last edited: May 20, 2022
    Keep making excuses after getting all your predictions wrong. Klopp lost 3 European finals already so calm down on winning mentality a bit. RM have won 7 CL finals in a row. Brave of you to bet 5k quid on Pool. Must be life savings for you given how jobless one must be to keep creating new accounts here. [emoji23]. Most likely you cancelled the bet right after the screenshots though. Seen the lengths you to through in this forum with your weird obsession.

Shay Z, lukita, petros93 and 1 other person repped this.
  22. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    I don’t know why you guys keep responding.
    [​IMG]

Saint Iker, Shay Z, meringues and 7 others repped this.
  23. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    He came back from the cave after few years. Imagine he used to do this daily for years here. So just acknowledging his hardwork.

Deep Pal repped this.
  24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    [
    Really, what's the point?

25. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010