Building A Team For The New Bernabeu - The Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Drouchk, May 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agreed, and unconnected but kind of i also feel the same about Ferland

2. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Mendy looked so slow vs. City. Seemed like he came back too early. But did look good after so it's probably just recovery.

Ssr9 repped this.
  3. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    True, don't want to go off topic but Ferland, although not being to most peoples taste going forward was IMO a defensive monster, a aggressive tackler, wingers rarely got the chance to cross the ball into the box he attacked them so fiercely, stuck very close to his man out wide, nowadays he looks far more nonchalant less aggressive and halfhearted to me, turning his back on crosses a lot more, not sure why the change but he has been injured a lot.

4. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    He better perform. Personally, I would have preferred Haaland and still think Mbappé has lot to prove. Don't get me wrong, he obviously performed (against us no less) in the Champions League, but you get little credit tearing up the French league with PSG.

€100M sign on bonus is an obscene amount of money, especially for someone whose "dream" it is to sign for Real Madrid. I don't know man, something has me skeptical about him. Don't expect him to flop like Hazard but something tells me to keep my excitement in check.

I fully understand all the comments probably coming my way questioning my intelligence

Seoul Villan repped this.
  5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Every player will command those kinds of payments and bonus deal accelators going forward.

The reason why Bayern are losing their top players is because the market finally completely outpaced them. They could stretch and compete before, but now the reach a a touch too far.

Anon., Galatico, Ahmadi8 and 1 other person repped this.
  6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Likewise I'm very sceptical of Halaand's long term health and injury issues. Had an injury scare just this weekend as well. Very Carvajalesque in terms of just throwing bodymass around and it will slowly accumulate.

Anon., temesgen and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  7. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You sir are an idiot.

Anon. and Nathanial Essex repped this.
  8. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    They were stupid to reject the ESL. Same goes for PSG.

9. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

ImadEdd repped this.
  10. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    PSG revenge incoming by invoking 1 billion buyout of Asensio or Jovic. Flo better be prepared. [emoji23][emoji23]

11. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Perez put 1 billion buyout clauses on all our promising youngsters last summer before making the Mbappe bid. Good luck paying that. There is no revenge they can inflict on us off the pitch.

Would be very bad of Mbappe to announce his decision to leave before our CL final. We don't need that distraction even if the players probably know that he's signed. Can just imagine the pre match presser being all about Mbappe and not the team

12. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Hopefully he announces it before the Betis game then.

Galatico repped this.
  13. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    O
    Or better yet after we've celebrated our CL win :whistling: Would be the icing on the cake after an incredible season

14. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So Hazard the good teammate will give Mbappe nr7? Because.. he should wear it :)

15. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    How is that a distraction? If anything it will take pressure off the players and allow the media, fans, etc to obsess about something else.

16. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    There is a reason no team confirm signings before big games. It completely destabilises the harmony and takes away from the limelight from other players who deserves to have the limelight completely on them.

We got pissed at Ronaldo announcing he was leaving just after we did the 3peat, announcing Mbappe just before a final that will be played in France and Paris would be a monumental disaster our players don't deserve

17. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    The entire team knows Mbappe is coming and have wanted him to come. Also this taking the limelight away is nonsense for very insecure or weak-minded players.

What would be more offensive to players is if Mbappe held a news conference the day after and stole the spotlight of their achievements.

Yes.. AFTER.

After is different than before. All of these concerns are only yours and are only in your mind; not in our players or managers.

Shay Z, Ahmadi8 and Galatico repped this.
  18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This doesn't seem like a team that's going to be impacted by transfer news. You got our guys penned in as way too soft if you figure that makes a difference.

PigBenis, Ahmadi8, ImadEdd and 4 others repped this.
  19. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    LOL, I thought I might be the only one, but I'm in the same boat as you on next season's kit.
    Those light purple triple lines are an eye-sore, they make the kit look like a cheap "knock-off" job.

I'm so glad I bought this year's home kit with Camavinga on the back, even if his squad number changes this year, it won't matter a few years from now.

Shay Z and Zidane05 repped this.
  20. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Lots of other reports also stating that Liverpool are apparently very close to closing the deal on Tchouameni.

21. gladiator guti

gladiator guti Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    If you can't beat them, join them. Mbappe.

We beat them and taking their best player in the process. This is brutal.

22. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Rodrygo or Vinicius

Airjao repped this.
  23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Also another thing:

If Mbappé is joining us, the team probably already knows. Remember Kroos said he knew that Alaba was joining the team a long time before it was public knowledge, so I'm assuming if Mbappé is joining us, Benzema already knows.

Shay Z, Akramzizou and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  24. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agreed, at no point do i think team members find out info like this the same way or time that fans do, that doesn't make sense to me

25. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Their local paper Liverpool Echo claims Pool doesn't plan on signing any midfielders this summer and that RM are favourites for Tchouameni. English journos who claims Liverpool are likely to get him talk about 40 M price tag for Tchouameni. [emoji23]

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...llingham-liverpool-transfer-breaking-23809257

Raul-7 and Anon. repped this.