Building A Team For The New Bernabeu - The Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Drouchk, May 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eran bar-levi

eran bar-levi Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Jul 18, 2018
    Israel
    #12826 eran bar-levi, May 14, 2022
    Last edited: May 14, 2022
    so if he staying , I guess that the reports are true and Mbappe and Rudiger will be the only signings and again probably another summer with a + in the transfer income, we probably will sell some players, but not sign , this is my opinion .
    if RM will not sell players, they will not bring replacements .
    I think they don't have any offer so they prepare to keep him, if they will get a good offer for him , and he will agree to move, he will be sold I suppose.

2. Icalldibbs

Icalldibbs Member

Real Madrid
    Mexico
    Mar 12, 2019
    Sure, but it would be more than logical that this would be the main factor we couldn’t bring him in. Since The beginning of the haaland to Madrid conversation I said the only way we would get both is if Florentino sold him the same protect he did mbappe, camavinga, and he was enamored by that protect so much he rejects any money city had to offer. I was maybe completely off my rocker thinking that would be the case, but since mbapoe was doing it I was like maybe these players actually see a dynasty being formed at Madrid, a successful Galácticos 3.0 if you will. Didn’t happen, but I repeat, I really can’t blame Flo on this one as I’m sure he tried and was simply outbid by far too much for him to even have a decent go at it. The fact that Haaland asked for a release clause to city makes me think he might still have RM in the back of his mind and will leave that door slightly open if we ever do want to make him the number 1 forward.

3. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    To be honest the release clause could also mean him wanting to keep the door open for an even bigger offer in two years time. From City or elsewhere.

4. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    And even with that offer, what we’re offering him pales in comparison to what they’re offering him and if was a normal human being he would’ve long signed with PSG.

Saeta Rubia, Ahmadi8 and Digital repped this.
  5. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    No I think Kroos and Casemiro started against PSG. Camavinga definitely came off the bench. And he changed it, which is the way I would prefer to use him.

6. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Nah, the second leg Casemiro was suspended. Kroos did start but he got pulled shortly after halftime and that is when we made out comeback.

Kroosinator repped this.
  7. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    What does this have to do with the context of our disagreement?

8. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006
    We've signed Galaticos in the same season before - summer of 2009 comes to mind. So it must've been other factors other than his price.

9. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Fair enough but like I said Camavinga off the bench is what I prefer. I also prefer Rodrygo off the bench, as it changes how we attack. Which means starting Fede on the right.

Next season I’d like to see less of Kroos but for the final, I would start him.

10. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

We did a lot of ground work on Tchouameni. If he says only RM move like Camavinga did, maybe there's a chance of that deal happening.

Zidane05 repped this.
  11. Icalldibbs

Icalldibbs Member

Real Madrid
    Mexico
    Mar 12, 2019
    Sure, I would say there is a very slim chance we ever get him. My point is this is not on the club, or our president. It was out of our hands as soon as Man City offered him more than we did Mbappe. As soon as that happened the only way he would come here is if he rejected money.

12. Beowulf112

Beowulf112 Member

Real Madrid
    Croatia
    Jun 3, 2018
    We cant buy just two players...we have already now a short squad...im fine with mbappe,rudiger,tchoumeni,odriozola and miguel gutierrez and endrick as a future star...sell and release bale,isco,marcelo,jovic,mariano...and we somehow get rid of fat hazard I would buy Sterling as replacement..he is in last year of contract

13. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

14. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006
    Tchouameni; if he we get him - all is forgiven regarding Haaland.

15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The club will be relieved to have your approval.

16. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    It does in the sense that we’re not competing financially with PSG for Mbappe. It would’ve long been done if we had. Only reason he’s coming is because he wants to play for us and is turning down money.

Back in Florentino’s first term and the beginning of his second term when Madrid was going through our dry spell, he used to be able to throw money around to beat out anyone because we were simply too powerfully financially. That pendulum has swung against us. City and PSG have bottomless funds; if you raise they will call and raise, and if the player chooses the most money it’ll always be them. We can only make the best offer within our structure and hope that our pull does the rest.

17. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    And just building on your last point, it's not as if we offer peanuts to players either.

Sure we can't compete on the same level as City or PSG (or Newcastle), but we're still able to offer the top players a solid package within our wage structure.

Digital and Zidane05 repped this.
  18. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Just because we don't have to match their price doesn't mean we don't have to compete. It's the specific reason that "price" has skyrocketed.

Now starting wages for Mbappe is €25-€30M. Before them it was less than half of that for the same profile of player.

19. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I agree. I think you make your best offer and sell the project and be comfortable with that pitch. All indications say we did that with Haaland, but we'll never know. There is a lot of PR stuff that goes on behind the scenes when you lose out on a player, but I trust that Florentino wouldn't have easily passed on a chance to pair up two of the biggest young stars in the world .

20. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Florentino easily passes or gives lesser offers all the time; that isn't competing for a player.

What we have done with Mbappe? That is competing and showing the player we will go through any length within our means to get him.

If you remember the first time we missed out we did because we wouldn't do that. The kid and his family had World Cup as priority and were big on their son coming to sit down and watch BBC (specifically Bale).

Our President bet on Bale over Mbappe.

Now he has done everything in hopes of showing Mbappe and his family the same desire, Mbappe has shown us.

Nothing of this level or close has been done for Halaand, Pogba, etc..

It however has been done to sign Hazard. So Flo will flex his muscle but only for whom he specifically desires.

21. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I think Flo wants Haaland to play for RM at some point. It's not like Pogba when no effort was made. We had the whole Haaland entourage at Bernabeu last summer. Like Mbappe in 2017, Flo probably feels timing will be right in the future and he has kept the relationship fluid with Haaland camp by making a fair offer vs City (according to Romano).

We can also see Jan who is Haaland family's mouthpiece has been pretty respectful towards RM while he kept mocking Barca leaks about injury concerns (something Marca also did). So both parties want to keep a cordial relationship because a reunion in future is likely.

Flo bet on Bale in 2017, but this time it's more complicated with Benz being the best player in the world and Mbappe coming. We will either have to play with 4 attackers (so hard to find balance) or rotate Benz/Haaland which shouldn't appeal to Haaland compared to no competition at City who are top dogs in PL.

Even Hazard was flirting with RM since 2015 before he renewed with Chelsea (Mou didn't want him in 2012 when Hazard left Lille). But RM only made the move when we desperately needed a Galactico after horrible 2018-19 season.

Anon. repped this.
  22. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Don't need any Asensio extension. [emoji106][emoji106]

RMSocrates, Digital and MerlinRM repped this.
  23. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    No differently than he wanted Mbappe to play for Madrid but wouldn't get rid of his sacred cow Gareth Bale.

I have never said Florentino wouldn'twant Halaand at some point. I have merely pointed to the fact Florentino is obvious. If we want a player we will get the player because Florentino will do what needs to be done. If he isn't completely sold on the player or doesn't have a special liking we won't because he won't put on the full court press.

We are lucky Mbappe truly loves the club because without that we lose out on him due to Florentino's initial gamble.

24. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Really hope Marco has ambition and leaves.

RMSocrates, Anon. and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  25. estebangranero

estebangranero New Member

Real Madrid
    England
    Apr 27, 2022
    Thoughts on signing Ruben Neves?