Building A Team For The New Bernabeu - The Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Drouchk, May 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Cool stuff mane. We still don't have interest in sub-par players so we'll pass on Christensen.

2. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark

Well , what are you doing with Alaba then ? who would only be 3rd pick behind Kjær and Christensen for Denmark, had he been Danish.

3. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    David Alaba is a better player

petros93, Deep Pal, Saint Iker and 7 others repped this.
  4. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    3A9845D1-EC09-4B15-AEC2-866567E8272E.jpeg

ahnaf, petros93, Deep Pal and 5 others repped this.
  5. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    No, Denmark has no top-class strikers at the moment, but the defense and midfield (with Christensen having a key role) make up for this "flaw" and still make Denmark vastly better than the likes of Austra (and what Alaba has to offer on the pitch for them)

6. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's funny how you've gone through multiple posts with such an obvious logical fallacy. By your same foolish logic, Haaland must be a terrible player since Norway is such an awful national team. Gareth Bale must've been terrible his entire career since Wales has never made a World Cup. Sadio Mane must not be one of the best wingers of this generation since Senegal aren't a good team.

The wins and losses of Austria or Denmark have no bearing on determining the quality of Alaba and Christensen as individuals.

petros93, Deep Pal, Shay Z and 1 other person repped this.
  7. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Well to be honest, any player above the level of 'sub-par' is a better player.

petros93, Deep Pal and Digital repped this.
  8. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    #7658 Ceres, Oct 27, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
    No one in their right mind would deny that Denmark has lost it's (on paper) best attacking player Eriksen and only has average strikers who are nothing special, at least at this point in time (though there are some promising talent on the way, like Mohamed Daramy)

So the absolute only reason why Denmark has won 8 out of 8 games and has a 27-0 score in the WC-22 qualifiers, hardly even letting their opponents get an opportunity of an attempt on target, is obviously only because of a world-class defense and some very good midfielders, where Christensen tactically has had the absolute key role of binding the defense and midfield together and killing off the opponents tactical options in attack, in the way that when the coach find that it's needed during a match, Christensen is instantly able to switch position from central defense to midfield and back again and often more than just once during a match, to keep the opponent "checkmate".

It's a highly unusual tactical flexibility for a National team and the Danish NT coach also consider his team to be more like a flexible club team than just a National team that only play together once in a while and perhaps do not even like or know each other all that well. but you are not able to have that kind of "tools" in the tactical toolbox, if your players are not skilled or tactically top-class, which is also why I'm saying that Alaba could not possible replace Christensen in the Danish NT had he been Danish.

I'm not saying that Alaba is not a highly skilled player, everyone can see that, and Austria even put up a solid fight vs. Italy at the Euro-20, but the joke here is, that in Denmark we consider Christensen to be as good in midfield as he is in defense for Denmark, quality and skills that they do not at all make use of at Chelsea, where the coach can only see him as a CB. It's a bit the same with Pierre-Emile Højbjerg, who has never really been used as more than just a highly solid and hard working defensive midfielder at club level, while for Denmark he is a tactically very clever playing defensive and creative attacking midfielder (1 goal and 5 assists at the Euro-20 and WC-22 qualifiers). Their club managers obviously do not seem to know what they have, when they are not really making use of more than half of their actual skills, that should seem very obvious when you look at them play for Denmark.

9. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark

Fact : Norway are strong in attack not least with Haaland, but unfortunately having no depth and pretty weak in defense and both Gareth Bale and Aaron Ramsey were doing brilliantly the first 15 minutes vs. Denmark at the Euro-20, until Christensen then was moved into midfield to take them both out, which is exactly what happened, and from that point on Wales were doomed, mainly thanks to Christensen.

10. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here are some better facts for you since clearly you still want to credit Christensen based on Denmark's wins and losses:

David Alaba is widely regarded as a superior player. He has been a regular starter for clubs the caliber of Bayern Munich and Real Madrid since he was 19 years old. Andreas Christensen is a 25 year old who is just barely becoming a guaranteed starter at Chelsea now. Alaba has started over 30 league games a season practically every year since he was 19 years old, a decades worth of seasons. Christensen STILL hasn't had a single season with 30 league games under his belt. I don't even want to bring up the difference in trophy cases.

It's amazing how you talk up Christensen's play in midfield when David Alaba is literally one of the most versatile players in world football. The guy has experience at practically every position except goalkeeper.

What are you even doing here?

petros93 and Deep Pal repped this.
  11. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    What’s a Denmark? I assume it’s a type of pastry?

ahnaf, Deep Pal, libertao and 1 other person repped this.
  12. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    #7662 Ceres, Oct 27, 2021
    Please enlighten me, what make this Danish NT (minus Eriksen) at least a level better than Austria ? .. is it Braithwaite ? (who did not even play vs. Austria because of his injury) , please explain why Denmark is so much better than Austria, if the main difference is not a world class defense and Christiansen's tactical skills to connect the defense and midfield to take out the opponents ability to score goals, which Alaba was obviously not able to do for Austria vs. Denmark. (and please do not mention Schmeichel, because he did not have to make a single save vs. Austria)

13. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Are we seriously comparing Christensen with Alaba? wow. No one who actually watches football would make a claim that Alaba is inferior.

ahnaf, petros93, Deep Pal and 1 other person repped this.
  14. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please enlighten me why a 37 year old Thiago Silva started more games than a 25 year old Christensen last season? Why did a 32 year old Azpilicueta start more games than him last season? Why did a terrible 33 year old David Luiz start over him just a couple years ago? Why has no manager, not Tuchel not Sarri not Lampard, has trusted him to start 30+ games in a season?

You're talking about this guy as if he is prime Beckenbauer carrying West Germany to a World Cup. Talking up the guy's versatility against one of the most versatile players we have ever seen in David Alaba lmao

petros93, Deep Pal, Shay Z and 2 others repped this.
  15. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    dude stop comparing national teams and just watch both players actually play the game. simple as that. Alaba beats him in every aspect of the game.

petros93, Deep Pal and libertao repped this.
  16. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I read your posts in the voice of Dwight from the Office.

17. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    and

Listen, Denmark has already qualified for the WC-22, mainly because of Christiansen, Austria and Alaba are most likely not going to qualify, not least because of Christiansen. I can understand your bias, and why you do not want to answer my simple questions above.

18. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, Christensen, who you repeatedly misspell his name, qualified to a world cup on a team that was just in the last world cup in 2018? And Alaba likely won't on a team that hasn't qualified for a World Cup since 1998? That absolutely determines the quality of these players individually. Let's completely ignore what they have done for club

Deep Pal, Shay Z, Saeta Rubia and 2 others repped this.
  19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's noticed it gets people engaged with him so he's sticking with this thing. Just ignore him the exact same way most football fans in the world do his national team.

petros93, Deep Pal and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  20. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    I thought it was just me. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

21. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Correct, simple, there's a reason why David lasted as long as he did at Bayern, playing multiple positions and was in demand at several big clubs when he wanted to move, aaand is paid handsomely, no disrespect but i cannot say the same for Christensen who's done ok i suppose at Chelsea, but no clubs are lining up to hire him because he's really good for Denmark,

i imagine scouts base their judgements on what you produce week in week out for your club ( consistency) not every now and again with a national team that you barely get enough time to train with, that's icing on the cake if you are equally effective there, what a weird way to judge the individual ability of a player

22. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    #7672 Ceres, Oct 27, 2021

Sorry, but Christensen is (unlike Alaba) still 4 years from his prime but is a main reason why Denmark reached the Euro-20 Semi-finals and a main reason why Denmark has been more than a level better than Alaba's Austria in the WC-22 qualifiers. I know that both Kasper Schmeichel and Simon Kjær (because he is the NT captain and partly saved the life of Eriksen ) are both nominated for this years Ballon d'Or, but really, here in Denmark we find this to be kind of a joke because Christensen is the real key defensive player for Denmark, and the Kjær and Christensen partnership is considered to be the best NT CB partnership in
    world by all the Danish experts on this subject, while they rate this Danish NT to be kind of average or poor when it comes to strikers. you may disagree, but if you do, you need to argue why this is no the case.

23. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I was just thinking today during our game that I really wish Christensen was out there instead of Alaba. Maybe if Kjaer was next to him too instead of Militao who never made it to the Euro20 semifinals we wouldve gotten an even better cleansheet.

-Reivax-, Deep Pal, Umar and 4 others repped this.
  24. TheDude47

TheDude47 Member+

Jun 17, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Well if the club had its screws on correctly we would've jumped on the chance to sign the Holiest of all Lord Bendtner back in the day of our Lord.

25. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

ahnaf, Doni, Deep Pal and 4 others repped this.