Building a Squad from A to Z

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by 15 to 32, Mar 24, 2020.

1. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The lack of live soccer has me down, I'm sure for many of you as well. No, it's not an important thing, but it is a thing that we use to help us through the important things. Without it, things can get a bit much.

So, I was listening to ESPN FC's podcast a few days back and they proposed a fun challenge. For them, it was making a starting XI using only players with a surname that started with the letter A. I found this interesting, but thought it could be even better.

So the challenge to you lot: Build a roster of 26 players with a player who has a surname that starts with each of the letters of the alphabet. Some letters are an exercise in google diving (looking at you Q) and others become a question of who you truly love as a player (the letter R, oh man). The player doesn't have to be currently playing, they can be from whenever you like.

And if that was too easy for you, this squad can't all be forwards and attacking mids.
    The minimums:
    2 GKs
    2 LBs
    3 CBs
    2 RBs
    3 LM/LWs
    3 CMs (box to box and/or holding)
    3 RM/RW
    3 AMs
    3 STs

Use the extra 2 wherever you want

2. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll have to think this over but Q has Ricardo Quaresma who wasn't bad for a time. I'm heavily leaning towards Ronaldo (brazil) as my R. Should be a fun exercise though.

acima repped this.