Buckeye American Football Fans in London?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by LondonBuck, Sep 5, 2002.

1. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    hell dark.

with all the mod's do i could care less if you would sticky this in the yanks abroad forum, it is your choice and if i dont like it, then i would ignore it and move on to the next post...some people just get their panties in a bunch over nothing...

2. Mason16

Mason16 Member

Apr 11, 2001
    South Florida
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks Dark. And fiddle, I hope those mean boys at your elementary school stop picking on you.

3. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maurice Clarett rules! I'm watching Buckeye Classics right now.

4. SeattleFan

SeattleFan New Member

Mar 4, 2000
    Redmond, WA USA
    Ohio State, they play soccer too, right?

5. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    yea, they have had a decent team the past few years...

they had a great team last year that i thought could make some noise in the tourney but when they had a starting player die during a game midway through the season it pretty much brought the team in to a bad funk...

god bless conner senn forever.

6. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    As promised, moving to other sports. Good luck in your search.

7. Chris_Bailey

Chris_Bailey Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    My father was a buckeye, and I've gone to every UofM-OSU game for the last 8 years.

I remember growing up watching the games on TV all the time...My family split between Michigan and OSU
    I grew up a Buckeye, and probably would root for no other college football team.

I imagine this feeling is what it's like to grow up in a soccer-loving country for that sport?

8. Chris_Bailey

Chris_Bailey Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I admit waiting for a thread like this for awhile...so many stories to tell...

9. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    bailey.

it was in the yanks abroad forum all day as it started out as a buckeye fan in london looking for anyone watching osu on the weekends over there on satellite.

ohio state football, so many memories.

back in high school, i never missed a home game for 3 years.

my first game was with my grandfather when i was about 6 years old, we played illinois, that is all i can really remember b/c i was so young.

i remember being at the game at the 'shoe when we clinched the rose bowl a few years ago with joe germaine at qb, eddie george slammed his helmet right in front of me on the field b/c he was so happy and i mysteriously ended up with his ear pad from the helmet. still have it someplace.

10. LondonBuck

LondonBuck New Member

Sep 5, 2002
    London, England
    Buckeyes, please

Hey Guys,

Please...I'm just trying to see if there are any other Buckeyes living in London so we can pool together to watch some games.

Any takers?

(Go Crew, by the way).

--LondonBuck

11. Dynamo73

Dynamo73 New Member

Aug 22, 2002
    Cleveland
    I have a cousin-in-law from Ohio who lives in London and is a huge OSU fan. I tried to PM you (but can't because I'm too new to BS) and tried to send you an e-mail (but can't because you indicated when you registered that you don't want to receive e-mails from BS users). If you can figure out some other way for me to get you this info. without me having to post personal info. on the board, then I'll do my best to get you guys together.

12. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    Re: Buckeyes, please

londonbuck.

if you never find anyone to watch the games with, let me know...i will tape some of the games for you and send them your direction so you can watch them on tape...

13. LondonBuck

LondonBuck New Member

Sep 5, 2002
    London, England
    thanks

Hey Dynamo73 and Fidlerre,

Thanks for looking out for me.

I already listen to the games on 1460, but was hoping to upgrade to actually SEEING the games. I don't even have a telly in London, or my Dad would send me game tapes. We were even considering buying a DVD player that records, but it's too expensive.

Anyway...Dynamo: here's my email--
    pkahn@oprfhs.org

Pass it on to your cousin-in-law, if you don't mind.

14. Ronaldinho

Ronaldinho New Member

Feb 22, 2000
    Guildford UK
    I don't think you will ever see the games but if you get Sky they show two NFl games on Sundays also they show fox sports news which gives highlightsof all sports games. I watched the highlights of the UW loss v Mich and I cried!!

15. LondonBuck

LondonBuck New Member

Sep 5, 2002
    London, England
    Sky

Hey Ronalinho,

Thanks for the suggestion.

Tought loss against Michigan. The Wolverines are in a lot of those type of games. YOu'll get 'em next time.

--Londonbuck

16. Chris_Bailey

Chris_Bailey Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    There was a guy named xxxdischord on here before that was a buckeye living in Ireland, I think. Or maybe that was you? Anyway, he seemed in the same boat as you. maybe you can get ahold of him?

17. PSU92

PSU92 Member

Feb 27, 1999
    Annandale VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now you're talkin!!!

18. Hamburgler03

Hamburgler03 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    P*ss on you...P.S.U!

Just kidding. I root for the Big 10 (eleven) whenever they play out of conference. Good luck against Nebraska.

19. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I lived in Columbus for 7 years. Didn't go see OSU play once. I didn't goto the school, i didn't see the point.

20. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You've missed out. Its Mardi Gras down on Lane.

I hope the the hold out Maurice Clarrett this week. He had his knee scoped on Tuesday.

21. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I went to the game at Northwestern yesterday. Maurice played like a freshman with three fumbles. OSU did not look like a #5 team yesterday.

22. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    I would have benched him. And what is up with that talk around Columbus that Maurice and Ross don't even like to talk to each other? Mo was not supportive and when Ross scored, the Beast didn't get excited for his team. At one point it looked like he was crying on the sideline, holdinh back a tear.

23. Chris_Bailey

Chris_Bailey Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I too was there :)

24. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    just drumming up some crap.

maurice and ross are teammates; they play together, work out together and have been seen around town together here in columbus. best friends? probably not but hell, maurice is so determed to be the best i dont think he has any friends but his mother.

as for no congratulating your teammate when they score. did you see the game this past weekend against san jose state? maurice was the first person off the bench to congratulate ross after his score. damn, he misses one chest bump after a touchdown against northwestern and all of the sudden they are sworn enemies? whatever...

25. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    I am not doing such a thing. :)
    Did you read The Other Paper article about this deal?