Bruno Fernandes : Premier League

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by prodigal_mind, Jan 11, 2020.

1. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Speaking of overrated trash:

This dudes entire career so far is missing textbook sitters.

2. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  3. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    eurodad repped this.
  4. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    My son is a Man U fan and he loves Bruno but does admit that he is either vary on or vary off . When he is off he tries to force passes that he should not trying to make things happen instead of being patient

money11 repped this.
  5. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    im sure Real Madrid will be putting in an offer any minute now

money11 repped this.
  6. Ramos77

Ramos77 Member

Benfica
    Portugal
    Jun 24, 2017
  7. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Context: referee was dog shit. But as a Benfica fan, you wouldn't know the difference.

-Allowed Luton to play an extra minute, on top of the 8 that came from nowhere, so they could line up a carefully planned set piece into Manu U's box. But once they’d ********ed up, he was never going to allow Man U to have one last chance.

-Blew early so Man U couldn't take a free in a good position at end of first half too.

-The fact that they didn't provide replays of VAR checks on Maguire getting mugged in the box is insanely suspect

So I'm sure all of these terrible ref decisions played into his response. He was easily the best player on the field.

No go crawl back into your hole.

8. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    why manager had him as captain

BatatasFritas and eurodad repped this.
  9. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Also gave the penalty to Rashford, knows he needed the confidence booster. Clearly a solid leader.

AGomes and eurodad repped this.
  10. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Pfff dude wishes he could be as much of a leader as a dude who only shows up in the final third of the field, does absolutely nothing off the ball, is physically and mentally weak, and allows his lady to get plowed by the likes of Porro and Lando Norris.

</s>

11. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  12. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    #362 prodigal_mind, Nov 29, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2023
    awww is little Bruno out of the champions league. Let me guess it’s his teammates? So galatasaray and Copenhagen have better teammates? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Was it his teammates who causes him to have a 65% pass completion rate?

last place!

13. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Just like your almighty Benfica. It's a shame this is a team sport, and that Bruno can't defend and score bangers at the same time. Otherwise, you might have a leg to stand on.

14. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    This isnt international football though. If he was really as good as sportinguistas hype him up to be he would be on a better team or at least heavily pursued by better teams every year.

15. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Oh so now the argument has shifted. First it was "he hasn't won a league title" on a garbage team in a competitive league. Then it was "he can't defend and do everything for his team simultaneously". And now it's "he isn't pursued by other teams often".

Lol. Man the constant excuses and made up stipulations are hilarious.

16. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    He was involved in two goals. Your bar for him is insane, must really think he's a top 3 player in the world if you consistently expect more than that.

17. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Meanwhile, his bar for Failix is to do shit like this:

18. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I expect him to perform his midfield duties, which he is absolutely dogshit at doing. Thats the problem with you sportinguistas, you see goal/assist and your micro penises get erect. The weak team excuse is pathetic too since Bruno is not even good enough to be part of an elite teams midfield. Do you really think he would start at City? Spare me your delusions, if that were true he'd have many offers from teams better than United.

Bruno always plays garbage, he just sometimes masks it with some sort of goal/assist (after his 100th attempt). A great player (which you claim Bruno is), does NOT need to score/assist to play well. I hope this reaches you one day somehow, because it is a fact.

19. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    #369 prodigal_mind, Dec 2, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2023
    Everything is true. He is a LOSER. 30 years old with zero major titles. Keep blaming his "weak" teams, if he were really as good as you say he wouldn't be on said weak teams.

In one of his RARE (and only??) appearances in the cl knockout stages, Felix emasculated him.

Remember when you were claiming he was better than Cantona and Scholes? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

20. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Another big game no show

21. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Again, the bar you have for him is absolutely insane. City is backed by infinite money, has the best manager on the planet, the best team on the planet. It's either Bruno starts on that team or he sucks?? God damn.

Either way - it is a pretty hilarious argument given, while Bruno wouldn't start, he definitely would have a place on that team. He's always been extremely profession and he is a very hard worker. You think Pep would have patience for a guy like Felix? Cancelo is a way better player (and less of a bitch), and even he got pushed out.

I also don't really get your argument that you constantly bring up of why no other team goes after him? What bigger team is he supposed to go to? United would never sell him to a prem rival. Sure, he wouldn't start on Real. Barca can't afford him. Like where is he supposed to run off to? You seem to think Rashford is good. Why is he still there?

"A great player (which you claim Bruno is), does NOT need to score/assist to play well. I hope this reaches you one day somehow, because it is a fact"

Sure, but pretending goals and assists don't matter in a game won by goals and assists is pretty weird.

22. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

It's called being purposely obtuse. Or intellectually challenged. You decide.

23. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    ok so you admit he’s not good enough to start for City or Madrid. We are making great progress here!

24. money11

money11 Member

Apr 15, 2007
    lets forget about bruno for a second because I've had this convo/argument with couple of friends and i would love to hear everyone's take on this:

"pep greatest manager in the world"
    i strongly disagree.... lets break down his career for a second, he joined barca.. a team that before he started coaching was already winning the liga and champions league.... at his time in barca he was basically coaching the Spanish national team plus messi. a Spanish national team that won 2 euros and a world cup in a row.......but fair enough he won the treble with one of the greatest midfields ever assembled..... then he went to bayern, a team that has won the bundasliga 15 out of the last 20 years, an accomplishment that any 14yr old who plays FIFA can accomplish and ultimately failed at what they brought him to do which was win a CL and to his credit he came kind of close he reached the semi once or twice with bayern? then he goes to city. top three richest clubs on the planet who have been obsessed with the champions league, a billion dollar squad whos bench could probably have another top 7 epl team. gets them to the final of the cl vs a chelsea squad that the week before they crushed and then decides to change every tactic that enabled them to win and ends up loosing to a far more inferior chelsea squad..... year after year hand picking any player her wants and finally wins the CL for the team designed to win the CL.

my point is this, is his career impressive and has he won a lot of trophies? yes. But who wouldn't of won what he was won if the three teams in your career were a prime ineista, xavi , messi barca. A Bayern team that the season before pep joined won the CL and then a city squad owned by arab trillionaires that were obsessed with winning the CL. I'm not a Mourinho fan at all, but roma winning the eurape league is impressive, Mourinho porto winning the cl is impessive. that year liester city won the epl is impressive. otto helping greece somehow defeat france czech and us twice is impressive.

i just don't see praise everyone loves to throw at this man.

25. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Every manager in the world copies his tactics. Gotta be a reason for that.