Brown: Aalesund-Viking 7/3 [R]

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by JG, Jul 3, 2005.

1. JG

JG Member+

Jun 27, 1999
    Brown in goal for the 2-1 home loss. Aalesund is now in the relegation zone, in 13th place with 10 points from 13 games.

2. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    Adin got a "4" from Dagbladet.

3. manutd02

manutd02 Member

Oct 23, 2002
    A deserved mark as well. He let in kind of a soft goal that won it for Viking. He was obviously upset with himself after the goal

4. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    :confused:

A long Viking free kick became a scrum inside the AaFK half with several players from both teams challenging for the ball. Despite the so-called efforts for possession, it calamitously fell unprotected on Dane's right foot, and all he had to do was to send it past the helpless Brown.

"I saw four...five guys went up for it, and then the ball landed with [Gaarde]," commented the ex-MLS stalwart. "I would have to see it again to determine whether or not the defense made a mistake in not marking the player."

http://www.yanks-abroad.com/content.php?mode=reports&id=000882

even vg.no said that he had no chance in stopping it.

5. manutd02

manutd02 Member

Oct 23, 2002
    Then maybe the first goal? I'm not sure which it was, but in any case, I thought Brown could have done better, and judging by his reaction I think he thought so too.

6. Deimos

Deimos Member

Apr 23, 1999
    Louisville, KY, USA
  7. Bruiser

Bruiser New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Sykkylven, Norway
    Club:
    SK Brann Bergen
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
  8. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Personally, I don't think any of the two Viking goals were soft from the standpoint of Brown: on the first one it appeared he was screened, and on the second he really had not time or angle to stop a well placed shot.

Having followed AAFK over the course of the season to this point, it really appears that their greatest weakness is in defense, as they've been terribly inconsistent and not appearing as cohesive as they could be.

FWIW, not matter the result of this match, Brown's done well when healthy to keep AAFK in games, and hopefully it won't be long before they either get some defensive reinforcements, or otherwise get a more composed back four to help out Adin.

The Magpie