British take on our new Colombian NT

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by ryu79, Dec 1, 2007.

1. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    For those that like to read up on SA footie, Tim Vickey's column for BBC Sport is a great resource.

He was asked this week about Pinto's Colombia and this was his response:

"Just heard the Colombians did Argentina in the World Cup qualifier. Who are Colombia's big players now?
    Willie Brown

The current side is much more workmanlike than the artistic side of the 1990s, but I hope that now they've made such a good start to the campaign, they'll show us plenty more.

He was injured and missed the Argentina win, but Radamel Falcao Garcia is a thoroughbred centre-forward who I think is destined for big things.

I like Macnally Torres as a young creative midfielder who can find the killer pass, and defensive midfielder Carlos Alberto Sanchez is physically very strong.

It's a young side full of people who can go on to make a name for themselves - and right back Ruben Bustos strikes a mean free-kick!"

- I'd say a fair assessment of what we have right now, and its nice to see that some of our kids are getting noticed by the Euro press.

2. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    bummer I thought u meant we were going to play them in a friendly ..... :(

would love our Fifa Ranking after we beat them 3-0 in Wembly :)

tho I would love a Colombia-England in Bogota or Barranquilla

3. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ha! I guess it can be read that way too! Sorry for any confusion!

I had the pleasure of watching Colombia - England a couple of years ago, and would love to see again.

4. Alonso#13

Alonso#13 Member

Feb 21, 2007
    New York City
    Damn was it really that long ago when BeckHAM and co. came to Giants Stadium to take on Colombia? Wasnt a bad game though.