Bring back Diouf please

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by lackadaisical, Jan 16, 2005.

1. lackadaisical

lackadaisical Member

Jul 9, 2004
    memphis
    I think I have been the only person on here who has been behind Diouf from the get go to now. Diouf adds excitement to the team and always fights hard, even when Houllier turned against him. I just think Diouf was judged on the lack of goals he scored (when played out of position) and not on his hard work for the team. I think Diouf is a good player.

2. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Its not going to happen. Rafa didn't want any part of him from the moment he arrived. I can't see that changing.

3. bjb7223

bjb7223 New Member

May 29, 2004
    Florida
    sure why not. bring the spitter back.

4. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    hes played like one good game in 2 years

5. ScouseCat

ScouseCat New Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    I'd rather see Liverpool get Anelka.

6. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    back

....i think Cisse, Baros and Morientes is enough with Mellor warming the bench

7. lackadaisical

lackadaisical Member

Jul 9, 2004
    memphis
    At least he cares. Doesn't seem to me like some of the Liverpool players care enough out there, when teams get physical, Liverpool, aside from Gerrard and Carragher, seem to shy away. Just my opinion.

8. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Part of that is true, I have to agree but just because Diouf is having a good spell with Bolton doesn't mean he'll get his form back were he to return to Anfield.

9. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    It's not just about what he may or may not contribute on the field (not, on previous experience). We're Liverpool FC and we have standards that we expect players to adhere to whilst being paid handsomely to represent us. Diouf has transgressed too many times to make him a feasible presence at the club. Even if he ever had been something other than utterly useless.

10. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  11. TruReds

TruReds New Member

Jun 12, 2004
    KL
    He had two years to prove his African player of the year and 10 million pounds' worth. But he had been utterly disappointing, an uncouth rascal who had made headlines at the wrong end. :eek:

When Houllier said that Diouf had contributed to his downfall from coaching job, it is only appropriate that his successor Rafa would be cautious to thread in Diouf's path.

12. Quango

Quango BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 25, 2003
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I'd like to see Diouf stay at Bolton. He's developing better there, and the management is putting a lot of effort into helping him on and off the field. Liverpool didn't work for him. I hope that Bolton, who seem willing to put in the effort to change his behavior, will be rewarded by their faith in him. I would be surprised if Diouf wanted to come back to Liverpool. I doubt there is little he could do to get fans on his side.

Quango

13. lackadaisical

lackadaisical Member

Jul 9, 2004
    memphis
    I agree that no one at Liverpool really wanted to help him as a person. Everyone was too busy trashing him because he didn't score goals from his outside midfield position.

14. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    I'd like to see you substantiate this.

15. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    Nobody at the club wants him and I seriously doubt he'd come back anyway. We signed a ten million pound striker and ended up with a two million pound winger. How much of that is up to Houllier or to Diouf is debatable, but regardless, the nature surrounding his time here has ruined any chance of him ever being thought of highly in Liverpool.

16. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    An interesting perspective ... which perhaps pays rather too little heed to the realities of Bolton's position in the top tier of English football. Or to the history of Liverpool's work with him through two troubled years.

17. never walk alone TPK

Sep 27, 2004
    nairobi, kenya
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kenya
    I dont think diouf will come back.He has excess saliva he wants to get rid off unfortunately and i can see no liverpool fan will be happy to see him back.If he is developing in bolton as abetter player on and off the pitch good for him and bolton.I think bolton will stick with him and you can wish him all the best.

18. When Hell Unfreezes

Jan 8, 2004
    London
    Not too sure of the ramifications here, perhaps someone can explain, but aren't Liverpool paying half his salary while he's on loan and haven't Bolton said they can't afford him? :confused: