Bridgeview stadium news 11/12

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Fanaddict, Nov 12, 2004.

1. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Stan Collins

Stan Collins Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Silver Spring, MD
  3. budalabutt

budalabutt Red Card

Nov 4, 2004
    Chi-town
    It cracks me up, Bedford park needs to do traffic and noise studies at a spot where there was a former heavy industrial plant and a traucking depot where there probably thousand of trucks a week comign in and out of town for 20 years. Ahhh yes, its the whose ******** is bigger and who gets stroked first. LOL cracks me up.

4. murtaugh29

murtaugh29 New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    roja LOCURA
    Design control over the stadium.

5. partycentral

partycentral Member

Nov 10, 2003
    Naperville
    "Bridgeview needs a zoning change to install the parking lot because the site is zoned for heavy industrial use. Bedford Park is waiting to see engineering, noise and traffic studies; a cost analysis of the stadium; and associated infrastructure improvements, Gryczewski said."

That surprises me. IMO, a parking lot would be a downgrade from an industrial use. Usually, a heavy use zone encompasses everything that has lesser impact (like an 3 flat apartment building being converted a single family home is ok, but converting the other way requires a change to a multi-family zoning). At least that's what my wife, the real estate appraiser, says.

6. dabes2

dabes2 Member

Jun 1, 2003
    Chicago
    Having leverage is usally more important than being correct.

The $15mm is going to buy Bridgeview more than just control of construction. When that was announces, PW said they would have to renegotiate the revenue sharing deal to account for the change in who put in that money.

7. BillQ

BillQ New Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago, IL
    As someone who worked in Bedford Park for a year, this is BS. Just a way to waste tax dollars on something, since BP is pretty much and industrial town, much like Rosemont is a hotel and entertainment town.

8. mouseboy33

mouseboy33 New Member

Dec 24, 2003
    Seems like they still need to dot the I's and cross the T's. I just hope this doesnt turn into a Harrison/MediocreStars fiasco.

9. murtaugh29

murtaugh29 New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    roja LOCURA
    I don't see any problem anywhere near approaching that. They already have the money. the deal to build is done. They need a zoning change for a parking lot and a rental/operating agreement for the stadium from AEG. Doesn't seem like there is a deal busting likelihood in the cards.

10. Ron Keller

Ron Keller New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Shampoo-Banana
    :)

11. mouseboy33

mouseboy33 New Member

Dec 24, 2003
    And once Landek headbutts Bedford Park. We can then call the new parking lot on the Bedford Park side, the Mayor Landek Car Park. The comments made by Bedford Park ...."we want to be made whole" ...sounds as if they are jealous or something. Goodness. Rock on Bridgeview!

12. Ron Keller

Ron Keller New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Shampoo-Banana
    "That's a migh'y nice village you've got there, Bedford Park. It would be a shame if sumfing was to... 'appen to it."

13. mouseboy33

mouseboy33 New Member

Dec 24, 2003
    LOL.
    It's amazing what a bag of rusty doorknobs can do to the human head.

14. cfrsoccer

cfrsoccer New Member

May 11, 2001
    chicago
    FYI, As of the census of 2000, there are 574 people that live in Bedford Park.