Brian Pacheco

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Pl@ymaker, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This kid is aweseome

Goals at 1:13 1:27 and 1:39
    Does anybody know if he has interest from the Galaxy?

2. truthandlife

truthandlife Member

Jul 28, 2003
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    He will probably be called into the U17 camp next week.

3. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    My only concern about Pacheco is that he might be an early maturer, judging by his physique. We shall see....

4. truthandlife

truthandlife Member

Jul 28, 2003
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Agreed. Does the U17 staff consider this when they make there selections or do they just pick the best player at the time? If a kid looks like an late maturer and might not be up to speed yet but they think the kid has what it takes as he matures do they take a chance on him?

5. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would be awesome

6. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    The 2 yr goal is to have a good team for YWC. Not to guess which player will be better later in life when they are 4 yrs clear of Bradenton. There'd be no point. Its to pick the best players at the time but that 2 yr timeframe does include variation in our talent pool. This cycle there does seem to be alot more scouting and in a sense trialing players from the overall DA for Bradenton which in theorymakes for a better team. Bradenton is a solid intensive training tool for limited number of players a certain age. In no way can it be considered a national comprehensive development program.

7. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He got called up for the upcoming U17 camp.:thumbsup:

8. bajansoccer

bajansoccer Member

Aug 28, 2011
    I have known pacheco since 2008 and he is not early bloomer. He is blooming now because little do people know he is playing with his former teammates at WC(de la torre and carrillo) who were the superstars of the team one year older than him and now he is outshining them. Impressive and it just goes to show you, time can be the great equalizer.

9. Latinlover

Latinlover Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    i dont believe he is outshining them but they play as a team christian is out on the wing now and de la torre has fallen back from his natural position of striker in order to help the pats out. pacheco stays up front and most of his goals have been assisted from de la torre and carrillo. they are an outstanding trio i dont know how he gets chosen over wesley wade and others. pacheco has proved game in and out that he is a constant scorer for his team. i believe every scout of the us has seen them play so whyt are they hesitating. maybe now that he has gotten calls from the mexican national team they will put more attention to him. or maybe they wont since they want their MLS affiliated kids to be on the national team. whats the focus here? calling players from mls clubs into camps or calling talent to win games?

10. Werdman89

Werdman89 Member+

May 27, 2008
    Boston, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I mean, he's in camp with the U17s now. I'm not sure what more you could ask for...Also, there are plenty of non-MLS affiliated and even non-DA kids in camp alongside him.

upper_v repped this.
  11. bajansoccer

bajansoccer Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Hopefully, he gets called to residency because he deserves it. Whether he should go is another story. He should leave Pats, join LAG so he can train with reserves and U18 and challenge his game, which i think would be better than being locked up in residency.

12. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    On the other hand, the last year in residency before qualifying is usually the most intense, most competitive phase of the cycle. If he goes to residency, and then assuming he makes the qualifying roster, he'll have a lot of scouts watching him, which could lead to numerous opportunities, both here and abroad. If he's Mexican-American, a club like Xolos could come calling, a la Guido and Stevie Rodriguez. Joining the Galaxy is fine for the reasons you stated, but residency is also a good option.

13. truthandlife

truthandlife Member

Jul 28, 2003
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    He got hurt on Wednesday...

14. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Some details would help.

15. ormiga

ormiga Member

Nov 22, 2011
    orange county ca
    Club:
    Audax Italiano
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    My opinion he's not better than what they have. Didn't really show . At the moment he's not a national team player.

Pl@ymaker repped this.