Brian McDribble Inept?

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by BennyD, Sep 30, 2003.

1. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    I'd take him over Twellman in a second.

2. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Columbus is such a massive club, i'd rather take McBride over any of those players any day.

Columbus - More massive than Real, Barca, and Juventus combined.

3. Noah Dahl

Noah Dahl New Member

Nov 1, 2001
    Pottersville
    I doubt Chicago fans would want to mess with the pairing of Razov and Ralph. DC are probably pretty happy with Cerritos and Stewart right now. And I'd take the combo of Donovan and DeRo anyday. Bias is in play.

If you want a classic, big target forward, McBride's the best in MLS. But in the overall forward depth chart, McB sits below Donovan, Ralph, Razov, Ruiz and Twellman in a B tier, with Mathis, Buddle, Simutenkov, Cunny and maybe Preki.

He just gets more attention because he plays for a massive, massive club.

4. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Sometimes you just try to hard, Peter.

5. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This guy's putting Cunny on the same level as McBride? I don't know how to take this. As a joke? As something else?

And hangthadj has it right. This is sig material:
    "Donovan is scoring more goals, but frankly if I had to watch him as a Crew player whine to the refs after every foul because he feels like he was "entitled" to the call for being the posterboy of US Soccer, I'd vomit."

6. Raoul

Raoul New Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Downtown Dublin
    Unfortunately, that applies to our coaching and tactics recently.

Hey - new tag line for the forum.....

7. DGA57

DGA57 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Dublin, OH
    So, Noah, let me get this straight. BMB is below a player that splits most of his time between attacking mid and forward (Donovan), two players that produce in MLS but not with the Nats (Razov, Twellman) and a guy who has less goals in his MLS debut than BMB did and who obviously hasn't even tasted Nats action (Ralph).

8. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't waste your time. Noah is a big sack of rotting dog crap. No point in arguing common sense with a bag of rotting dog crap, is there?

9. Noah Dahl

Noah Dahl New Member

Nov 1, 2001
    Pottersville

10. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    Dahlo...nobody buys your garbage. Fock off.

11. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Noah Dahl: Fashion maven

[​IMG]

12. Noah Dahl

Noah Dahl New Member

Nov 1, 2001
    Pottersville
    Funny how Bill always has photos like this handy. Don't get your keyboard sticky, Billy.

13. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey Noah: have you ever gotten laid?

Just curious.

14. Noah Dahl

Noah Dahl New Member

Nov 1, 2001
    Pottersville
    Not in hours. And no I'm not gonna tell you what it's like. You'll just have to keep flirtin' online, married guy.

P.S. I also don't want to hear what you're curious about. I was simply responding to someone who wrote something like "Is there honestly any supporter from another team that wouldn't take Mcbride if they could have him? It's assnine, there's no doubt that he's one of the top three forwards in the league.

So grow up, King of Queens.

15. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ooooh, now THAT hurts. I...I'm just not sure I can go on.

Leah Rimini is very hot, thanks

[​IMG]

16. HectorM

HectorM Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Pittsburgh
    Now I'm not sure but I'm gonna guess that Fred meant with a girl, Noah. Barnyard animals and underage relatives don't count.

17. Noah Dahl

Noah Dahl New Member

Nov 1, 2001
    Pottersville
    You know, Pennsylvanians say that's fun, but I don't wanna go there for fear of another botched barnyard abortion like yourself getting loose in the world.

18. HectorM

HectorM Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Pittsburgh
    BTW Fred, isn't she also the chick from the Valvoline commercials?

"Women know when you lie"

19. BennyD

BennyD New Member

Feb 9, 2001
    Cincinnati, OH
    You guys are incredibly blinded. McBride is held scoreless again tonight and since this post has run all you can do is jump on his bandwagon. I am saying he is not all that. Yes that is right.

In fact if he was not the poster child for American Soccer he would have been benched long ago. Maybe even traded.

He has developed his forte, but it is stagnant and the MLS teams can deal with it. Plus, if you look around (Van Nistelroy) other target forwards are dangerous with the ball at their feet.

He adds an element but even your boy Eric Wynalda dogged his finishing recenty. So come on and forget his performance at the World Cup and look at the league play and accept that he is an average player.

20. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Providing proof, if any were really needed, that people in Chicago have the IQ of a bag of rotting dog crap.

No, wait; they ARE bags of rotting dog crap.

Poor Mike. Still stumbling the streets, scaring little children, muttering about the McBride Rays coming from the Mothership.

You really need to stay on your medication.

21. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    I have to say that BMB's performance against the F*re was inept.

22. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I couldn't disagree more, but I'm tired of having the same discussion over and over, as if this Forum was some sort of sadistic film noir version of Groundhog Day.

Think what you like.

23. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Gotta disagree, I'm with Bill on this one.

McBride once again had to come back to recieve the ball 60 yards from goal and get hammered all game with next to no help. Bocanegra got in more than a few licks on him throughout the game that could have accumulated to a yellow card, but Hall didn't see it that way. Somehow, I'm not suprised.

He worked his ass off, took more of a beating than the rest of the team combined, probably more even than a teenage girl in a hotel room with the Newcastle squad, and his performance was inept? I just don't see it.

24. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    I hate to say it but I think we really need to at least consider getting rid of mcbride. I think we're like Tennessee when Peyton Manning was there, they relied on him to do too much, players weren't playing to their potential because they were waiting on Peyton to do something. Peyton leaves school, they win the national title the following year, people started playing...For me, I think the situation is similar, they know that McBride is doing the job of three men, can play, and often does play for people at every position, we just rely too much on him.

25. DGA57

DGA57 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Dublin, OH
    Hang, Bill, it's sad when we have to continue to rehash the facts for the people that don't understand the game. Bocanegra and Perez continuosly hammered BMB and Hejduk and guess who gets the yellow card for "persistent infringement": Hejduk. I think that card came out early in the second half of a game where the Crew had committed 5 fouls in the first half for 9 by the Fire. And most of the Fire fouls where on BMB from behind. And people expect our team to perform when we have no coach and we have to continue to fight through inept officiating against our frontrunners (remember the "no fouls defense" by the MetroSucks in the USOC loss).