Breaking Bad on AMC

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Transparent_Human, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Transparent_Human

Oct 15, 2006
    Pale blue dot
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mauritius
    Anyone else into this show? I can't believe I didn't start watching it till about a week ago. I watched the first 3 episodes, then proceeded to buy the entire first season on DVD. Bryan Cranston is amazing in this show.

[​IMG]

2. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Dyvel

Dyvel Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    The dog end of a day gone by
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    It's great stuff. The first season was great, been enjoying it so far this season.

4. Mikeshi

Mikeshi New Member

Jul 14, 2004
    Jasper,Ga
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've caught onto it this season after missing the first. I don't always keep an eye out for AMC. There are only so many times a week that I can see Joe Kidd and the fact that they cut and censor their movies is a turn off. They are hitting the mark so far with their original programming though. I happened to catch the adverts and thought you couldn't really go wrong with Bryan Cranston cooking meth.

5. Transparent_Human

Oct 15, 2006
    Pale blue dot
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mauritius
    Get your hands on the first season, I personally like it better then the second season so far, mostly because Cranston's character is becoming more and more of an a-hole as the series goes on.

6. Transparent_Human

Oct 15, 2006
    Pale blue dot
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mauritius
    Great episode this week, depressingly realistic. Walt is really starting to feel the consequences for his actions as they tear his family apart, will he have one left to do all this for in the end? The relationship with Jesse is also becoming more and more complicated, they have a weird father-son thing going on, but at the same time they can't stand each other. Bryan Cranston is aiming for at least another Emmy nod, and Aaron Paul could be a possibility as supporting actor (he deserves the nod, but might get overlooked)

I'm pretty sure the s*** hits the fan by then end of the season.

7. Dave Brull

Dave Brull Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Mayfield Hts, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Flynn?

Boy, last night was real maudlin episode. Everyone is mad at Walt. Walt showing sympathy to Jesse because Jesse is the only person who wants anything to do with him at this point.

Did anyone think the driving lesson was going to end well.

The only thing I missed was Hank and wife. Very entertaining characters.

It seems strange what Skyler did at the end of the episode. Being a woman who is not a doormat, although still affected by her husband, it seemed out of character.

8. Transparent_Human

Oct 15, 2006
    Pale blue dot
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mauritius
    I honestly don't particularly care for Hank. He was funny the first few times, but I hate when the show gets too much about him.

The driving lesson-I thought it was good to show Walt still has some fatherly instinct left in him.

And I think the sympathy to Jesse is to a degree what you said, but I also think that there is something more to it, he is the only one that KNOWS what is going on and in a lot of ways he is the only one he can relate to. Ditto for Jesse, the kid has got nothing left in the world for the most part except "Mr.White"

9. Dave Brull

Dave Brull Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Mayfield Hts, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The driving lesson was not fatherly instinct. He had just been told that Walt Jr's friend, Louis, was usurping his role as instructor in Walt Srs absence. This was more about trying to reclaim that role as instructor as well as attempt to reconnect with his son.

The instinct in that scene was at the end, when the remnant of Walt from his previous life, leaves to car to pick up the traffic cone.

10. Transparent_Human

Oct 15, 2006
    Pale blue dot
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mauritius
    Ya I see what your saying, didn't really look at it that way.

11. Dave Brull

Dave Brull Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Mayfield Hts, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. Transparent_Human

Oct 15, 2006
    Pale blue dot
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mauritius
    Heisenberg/Jesse are going to be the new Tuco. I like how this season is slower paced then last season, probably because it is twice as long. Walt is truly becoming bad, I'm starting to "hate" all the characters except for Jesse. Even though they have a perfectly profitable thing going, Walt wants more.

13. Dyvel

Dyvel Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    The dog end of a day gone by
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Walt is getting greedy but then again, he's running out of time.

14. Dave Brull

Dave Brull Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Mayfield Hts, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But is he? His doctor seemed to give a positive diagnosis at the beginning of the episode. And Walt is not only getting greedy, but is home life has ground him to such an extent that he is taking ot out on meth heads. I think that's why he truly wants Jesse to take out the robbers. If Skyler still was in love with him, he would never tell Jesse to murder.

15. Transparent_Human

Oct 15, 2006
    Pale blue dot
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mauritius
    Jesse is becoming more and more the "likeable" sympathetic character, where as Walt is becoming more and more the opposite.

The kid in meth-heads house practically broke my heart that last episode, Jesse took a huge leap forward for me the way he treated the kid.

The ATM money and Walt lying to Skylar yet again is going to come back to bite them in the behind I think. Next week looks good as well, Cartel involvement soon?

16. Mikeshi

Mikeshi New Member

Jul 14, 2004
    Jasper,Ga
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, they really ramped him down from what was appearing to be an escalation towards the dark side for his character. He couldn't kill two people that I think Gandhi himself would have little trouble taking care of. All the way down to the stink bug he was playing with and felt bad about being killed. It will be hard to see him ever going full bore over the edge.

I thought Walt was crossing more lines too from the previous week. However, now I'm not sure if he was making a great leap forward as much as a small step. He was basically just passing along dirty work he doesn't want to Jesse. He's always seemed to find that pretty easy. He detached himself. Although he would be just as culpable, it doesn't take near the same savagery as doing it yourself. I'm not sure that is necessarily a great shift for his character considering some of the things he has done so far face to face with people. Just my opinion though. It seems like they might want to take him completely over the edge, but then again they may just want to toy with his internal struggle for the entire show. There are plus and minuses to either direction.

And yes, it looks like they are bringing in Danny Trejo to replace Raymond Cruz. I've always liked Cruz and I liked his Tuco character, but Danny has made a career of playing scary hard asses so he should fit. I read that they wanted to keep Tuco around, but it was too much on Cruz to get into character.

It only makes sense too with the cartel involvement. It is realistic that someone would make a run at them eventually. Just a matter of criminal free market economics. High quality hard drug, little protection, and close proximity to California and Mexico. A hostile takeover seems inevitable.

17. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    So glad to hear a 3rd season has been confirmed. Riz and I love this show, been watching it since the first episode!

18. Mikeshi

Mikeshi New Member

Jul 14, 2004
    Jasper,Ga
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So much for my thought that Tortuga was replacing Tuco. That was quite an exit. I see they're bringing in Giancarlo Esposito. Maybe he will be the new heavy. I've always liked his work. Odenkirk is coming on board too. It looks like the show's success is attracting some folks.

I'm a blowfish!

19. Transparent_Human

Oct 15, 2006
    Pale blue dot
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mauritius
    There are going to be casualties when our gang runs into the Cartel when they expand their "turf"........Badger, Skinny Pete, and that other kid are not really going to be a match for a hardocore Cartel guy that will probably make Tuco look like a kindergarten teacher.

I think Hank either quits his job eventually or is given leave, I could see him turning bad, or at least covering for Walt.

I think Walt maybe is becoming harder/more protective of his students now that he sees what happened to Jesse.

Skyler will hook up with her new boss, and probably did in the past

I'm interested to see why Walt gets a lawyer/what his role will be.

I don't think Tortuga is dead, just a hunch really

Walt may not last as long as the doctor originally predicted (he's coughing pretty badly)..........all the stress can't possibly be good for him

Jesse and Jane are a cute couple, I could see her keeping him grounded in reality and being his attachment to the "good" side.

[​IMG]

20. Mikeshi

Mikeshi New Member

Jul 14, 2004
    Jasper,Ga
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tortuga could be alive, but by cheating I see that he isn't listed again this year. Also one of the writer jokes in the Ep7 recap about coming up with the idea to cut his head off and put it on the turtle.

I think the lawyer is brought in to represent one of their small fries that they busted and may be trying to turn. In the ep 8 previews he and Hank are talking about his client and why is the DEA needed for a street bust and why the interest in a little punk. Not sure though.

They definitely seem to be setting Hank up for some major change. If he had PTSD before then that ending seems to be meant to purposefully push him much further.

21. Transparent_Human

Oct 15, 2006
    Pale blue dot
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mauritius
    I just won a Breaking Bad baseball hat for having something I wrote on the official blog (messageboard) quoted in their weekly "what the fans are saying" post.

22. Dave Brull

Dave Brull Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Mayfield Hts, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sweet. Who won the official Breaking Bad cooking kit?

23. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Absolutely AMAZING episode tonight. Bob Odenkirk was ********ing amaaaaaaaaaaazing as the crooked lawyer.

Brian Cranston: "I'm no Vito Corleone!"

Bob Odenkirk: "No shit, right now you're Fredo!"

LMFBO.