Breakers vs. Crybaby FC

Discussion in 'Boston Breakers' started by REVS FAN 1, Aug 2, 2010.

1. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Breakers host Atlantica this Wednesday at 7pm...

Word has it that plenty of good seats are still available!!

This is the one that was added after St Louis was flushed down the Mississippi....I wouldn't expect a large crowd!!

I'm surprised I haven't seen it advertised as the one and only chance to see the mighty Hope Solo in Boston this year...

I hope those that do attend join us in The Dock...We'll do our very best to harrass the psycho for 45+ minutes anyway....

Great results from the Breakers of late....Hopefully we can keep it going and take the full points before we head to Philly for a very tough match...

Hopefully with a victory Andy will reconsider our suggestion and have a treat for our ears at the final whistle....

C'Mon Andy! 'twould be EPIC!

:D

2. Tony Biscaia

Tony Biscaia Member

Feb 17, 1999
    and just what is this epic suggestion you speak of? unfortunately I couldnt make it yesterday, and will be in NJ the rest of this week so i wont be there for this epic.

Hold the fort... sway the tide, abandon hope, toss in the towel, etc.

See you all on the 15th

3. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

We'll miss you Tony! I doubt Silverman would do my dirty work! :p

Doesn't look like it's gonna happen Wednesday....

So may as well keep it under wraps...never know though!

I didn't think it'd be a big deal because it's nothing major, but I guess it is....hell maybe I'd be the only one that got a kick out of it...idk

:D

4. TheStatsGuy

TheStatsGuy Member

Jul 8, 2007
    Somewhere, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm thinking a little music over the PA was what you had in mind Mike? Maybe a little "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to,...."

That would be hilarious if we got a W and fired that baby up over the sound system!

5. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not quite the title in mind....but that would work too..

The real question is where the hell have you been??

See you tomorrow?

6. AMBreakers

AMBreakers Member

Boston Breakers, Boston Univ. Women's Soccer, Norwich City, Charleston Battery
    Jun 21, 2010
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Boston Breakers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Couldn't exactly drive two hours up to Boston in the middle of the week.....

How was the crowd up there? What anti-Solo chants did you all do? I'm curious!

Breakers have won six of their last seven.....sounds like a good time for Kool and the gang.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvX_5ym_ajI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvX_5ym_ajI[/ame]

7. Eleanor

Eleanor New Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Okay, yeah, I am celebrating good times! Keep going Breakers! The finish line lies ahead.

8. p-nutz

p-nutz Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Boston Breakers
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    what did you guys do? lol I wish this had been a webcast :(

[​IMG]

9. socfandan

socfandan Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Eastern Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, someone had her feelings hurt.... too bad she blew off the kids, how much truer fans does she want than the youngsters?
    Sounds like she was a loser twice tonight.

10. mskenny

mskenny Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Ashland, MA
    Club:
    Boston Breakers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess the Dock succeeded in getting under Hope's skin. I'm betting that giving up 2 goals (not that they were her fault) helps any.

11. pasoccerdad

pasoccerdad Member

Mar 17, 2008
    KOP
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    damn, love to hear what was said... could we use it in Philly on the 15th...
    Like to make her homecoming somewhat special

BTW, anyone coming down on Sunday for the game ?

12. socfandan

socfandan Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Eastern Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another fan's Tweet said it was pretty simple:

We hate Hope Solo;
    Scurry would have saved it;
    The wheels on the bus go round and round... and you threw your teammate under it...

13. Snail_ATL

Snail_ATL Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Hmm, as an Atlanta Beat fan who is originally a Bostonian, I'm doubly sad by this news. Okay, you beat us fair and square, so props to you. But what's Hope referring to? Is the atmosphere really like that in Boston? Things are pretty tame down here in ATL. Mainly little kids, actually...

14. socfandan

socfandan Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Eastern Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Dock, where the Riptide supporters group stand, is the closest section the goal. Not a lot of people but very vocal and do a great job. If those were the worse things they said, it would be in keeping with my experience at the games. And very, very pale compared to what I hear from the Fort at Revs games. But the Riptide only represent a very very small percentage of the people who usually attend. And we love them :)

15. disalex

disalex New Member

Aug 23, 2004
    My Daughter stopped by the dock for the second half and she told me the same thing even before this came up.

16. alikate11

alikate11 New Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/alilovesthepens11/sets/72157624531766023/

here are my pictures from tonights game!

Also I sat in the dock for the second half, and I certainly heard no racist or profane remarks.. pretty basic hating on soccer player chants.

Excellent effort by the breakers tonight lets hope they can keep this up!

Edit: dad beat me with my own opinions. I see how it is.

17. socfandan

socfandan Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Eastern Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If true, then I am struggling to find racist, crude or profane there, as Solo alleges, but perhaps I simply insensitive.

18. p-nutz

p-nutz Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Boston Breakers
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    Great pics! Liking Smith's "oh come on ref" smile lol

19. disalex

disalex New Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Or perhaps she's oversensitive? Getting wacked for 2 goals can have that effect on a keeper

20. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or past experiences/misunderstandings at Harvard have led her to expect the worst and hear even worse.

21. Meinert6

Meinert6 New Member

Oct 22, 2006
    RI
    Wow, and I thought we went pretty easy on Hope tonight.

I'm incredibly upset with the racism accusation - that's serious stuff and 100% unfounded. (Check out the response at http://www.riptide08.com.) We stuck to fairly tame and standard chants. It's simple: Hope let us get into her head. She's fine with the heckling when she wins - she laughs and taunts us back after the game. But when she loses, suddenly the same good-natured back-and-forth is classless and crude.

Oh well. Great win for the Breakers tonight. With some better finishing it could have easily been more lopsided. Keep the wins coming!

22. disalex

disalex New Member

Aug 23, 2004
    She's 29 years old with something like 90 caps, profesional and international experience.
    She should be mature enough to handle something like this without hearing ghosts.

Posting that on twitter was nuts, everybody is now going to know she's oversensitive and easy to psyche out.

23. Druid Squirrel

Dec 15, 2000
    A hollow tree
    That's exactly what I was thinking. This was a stupid tactical move on her part. She should have said something like, "Oh, I can never hear those supporter's group chants" or "I'm too focused on the game to pay attention to that stuff". But now she's essentially just painted a target on her back. Supporters of opposing teams now know she's got a thin skin and that all they have to do to help their team win is yell "Solo Sucks!"

24. Snail_ATL

Snail_ATL Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Okay, if that chant was all that happened, then that's certainly not out of line. (Not for a football game!). Maybe she was just bummed at losing. Wouldn't be surprising after the good run we were on.

Hope to make it to a Breakers game some day when I'm visiting home!

25. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I wonder if Solo follows her tweets with reporting the fans :rolleyes:
    I mean if she had serious concerns, she would have gone via the proper WPS channel to have this investigated rather than moaning on twitter ?
    This is serious stuff racism, profanity and crude remarks.