Breakers v. Crybaby FC - Sept 1st

Discussion in 'Boston Breakers' started by REVS FAN 1, Aug 31, 2010.

1. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I am amazed some supporters prefer her to Bachmann:confused:

2. socfandan

socfandan Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Eastern Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aluko has speed, which always impresses. Bachmann has not been finishing either, seems to be an issue regardless of who they play up top.

3. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I agree Aluko has speed but her besides this, not much more. It is enough for Hope Powell :p

4. moog

moog Member

Mar 2, 2003
    eastern PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Just watched the video--I'd say it's more that Boston can really defend than that Aluko can't finish, at least from that game. Two great stops by Naeher and one defender clearing it denied her, but the one she put in was unstoppable, and required a great touch. She's a pretty typical speed forward, without the right service at the right time, she won't be terribly effective. It's a shame Heath was hurt--she might have provided more of the kind of passes that both Aluko and Bachmann needed.

5. socfandan

socfandan Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Eastern Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In this game as well the one a couple weeks ago in CT, seemed like she sent a number of shots wide, over the bar or right into the keeper. Maybe it was a great save or maybe a poor shot? For the amount of chances she has alone in close or on clean breakaways, I think she could do better. She gets her shots and chances so far as I can see (57 shots, 34 on goal... 9 goals is nothing to make fun of, but she could have doubled that given the quality of chances she gets).