Break Shea called into US side by Jurgen Klinsmann

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by 3rd Degree, Aug 4, 2011.

1. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. gamekid2k

gamekid2k Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Extremely happy for him. This means he won't be on the Aug 6th match? Just when we were about to catch up for SS.

3. ivannomad

ivannomad Member

Aug 7, 2007
    Tyler, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    also awesome :)rolleyes:) is that once again Tim Ream was selected but not one Dallas defender was selected... There is a reason Hartman has a season record for shutouts brewing and its not all because he is sometimes superhuman....

4. germ75

germ75 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    Frisco
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Doesn't look like he'll miss any..

FCDallas.com: What will your travel schedule be like? Will you miss any games for FC Dallas?
    Shea: I’ll play Saturday (FC Dallas takes on the Galaxy in LA on August 6), then I’ll fly Sunday straight to Philly and meet up with the national team. Then after [the game with Mexico] I’ll wait in Philly for FC Dallas and then I’ll play in Philly with Dallas (FC Dallas takes on the Union in Philadelphia on August 13).

FCDallas.com: After all the games FC Dallas has played so far this season, do you worry about fatigue heading into a match with the national team?
    Shea: Not for me. I think after all the games and all the traveling, yeah anyone would be tired. But any time you get a chance to play against Mexico, especially being from the U.S., there’s plenty of reason to forget about that and play as hard as you can, and that’s what I’ll do.

5. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FCD left for Los Angeles today, Shea will travel to join the US on Sunday then stay in Philly to meet up with FCD and play again on Friday. So Shea will not miss any FCD games.

6. MAVSFAN82

MAVSFAN82 Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Dallas, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sadly, if Breck does well as a USA National, I don't think that FC Dallas will be able to retain him when his contract ends. I think if he does well with the national team, he'll sign with a European team.

7. gamekid2k

gamekid2k Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If he follows the trend then he can always come back to FCD when he will be in his mid 30s :)

8. kentatm

kentatm Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Break" Shea?

may want to go fix that ;)

9. cowtown

cowtown Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Plano, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You will learn, grasshopper, to love and respect the one-pass "let the computer fix it" spell-checking that has always gone on with 3rddegree.net. Buzz doesn't charge for the awesome scoops, so we repay his kindness and patience by bottling up our grammar-nazi nerd-rage. :D

10. markspence02

markspence02 New Member

Aug 10, 2001
    Fort Worth
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You mean after Brek's contract ends in 2015? I'm not remotely worried about that.

11. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oh ********ing auto correct. son of a bitch

12. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If I believed in curses, I would say Buzz is trying to get something broken on Brek.

Buzz hates soccer.

13. UncleHulka

UncleHulka Member

Jan 14, 2005
    Clearly, Satan owns Tim Ream's soul. I'm guessing this means that John will choose Greece and that's a f***ing shame.

14. Brushes Sand

Brushes Sand Member

Oct 12, 2000
    polychronicqatsitime
    One of the Cabal's problems is their stubborn insistence on preventing wage inflation of their home-grown talent, which would obviously raise their overall wage costs for both domestics and internationals. But in typically myopic fashion, the Cabal is happy to outsource it's own Nats talent pool to Europe and Mexico, which of course leads to unnatural acts when it comes to callups and scheduling and calendaring and travel and and and and and.....

The fact that the Cabal owns both the MLS P&L, and the Nats P&L, but consistently sabotages itself by acting at cross-purposes with the talent pool that serves both, is one of the most telling indictments of the way they operate. 90% of the guys they refuse to pay don't get better in Scandinavia or Scotland or France or the low countries or the colaship. Of the 10% that actually get on with a big four (EGIS) side, most of those washout or ride the bench before dropping down or moving on.

I am expecting goppingen to have some influence in this area, to make sure players like Shea get paid HERE so their nats potential isn't compromised. Shea needs to be paid what ever is necessary to play here for 2 more years, and then in the '13 mid-season window, he can go, right before the mundial. That's the Cabal's recipe for success in this case, for the player, for MLS, and for the Nats. Hopefully someone in the front office is listening and Gorman is proactive with a discussion with goppingen on this topic after the next 3 friendlies are complete......

15. kentatm

kentatm Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

:)

true

16. Trav-Man

Trav-Man Member

Jun 7, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Way to go...

[​IMG]

LLOYD!!!!!

18. theodore

theodore Member

Nov 7, 2003
    Brush, I think that given what Shea is doing I doubt that he will be in MLS for too much longer. He can create via the long, short and early cross. He has learned to finish. He is now ready to play on a lower table EPL team and within 2 years have a chance to become a Gareth Bale type of player.

If we hang on to this kid to the end of the season, I will be thankful. To hang onto him into next year is simply selfish. Don't think that Sunil's answering machine is not full of enquiries. And, for the sake of the NT, it is all for the best.

19. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    I'll bet anyone whatever they want that Shea isn't transferred until after next season.

I just don't see Shea leaving this great setup before the Olympics and risk things in a European setup when he's a slam dunk for the team if he stays healthy/in Dallas through next season.

Plus, Dallas will know that the price tag could double if he has a good tournament in London....they have him signed through 2015, what's the rush?

20. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This.

21. theodore

theodore Member

Nov 7, 2003
    I agree and would like to see him through this year. However, I think that desperate teams with loads of Euro's tend to make the executives salivate. Don't know where Brek's head is for all of this, but I'd think that Jurgie's opinion of where he should be developing at this point in his career will be huge as to any future moves or stays.

22. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    And I find it HIGHLY unlikely that Jurgen encourages him to move clubs into a whole new setup right before the Olympics. Just like every other American, Brek will have to prove himself all over again when he moves to Europe and remember, he hasn't even put together a full solid season yet.

Just need patience...

23. cowtown

cowtown Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Plano, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure he makes it through ALL of next season. If he continues his good play for us through the time frame of the entire 2011-12 European season, I think someone will buy him before next year's summer window closes, which presumably will still be July 31. The Olympics don't get started until July 27, and bad things can happen in those tournaments too. If the right offer is on the table, I think FCD and Brek will take it, which is of course a truism, but I think there is a significant chance that there will be a "right" offer.

24. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    Very much disagree that FCD would sell the best most marketable player right before the Olympics and in the middle of what will likely be a championship or bust year. I mean that's marketing suicide, even HSG isn't that foolish.

The other variable is Shea is signed through 2015. In past cases like Toja and Cooper, they had maybe one year left before they would be free so Dallas' hand was forced. That is not the case now...if FCD wanted to, theoretically, they could hang onto Brek for four more seasons.

Also, in the seasons that they were sold, the team was obviously not going to make any noise in the playoffs. Next year is setting up to be the best FC Dallas team ever.

25. cowtown

cowtown Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Plano, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You could definitely be right. Time, and Brek's performance, will tell.

For my part, I believe this FO thinks of itself more as a CAP or Ajax than most MLS teams do. I think they know coaching and development are the club's strengths, and those are directly convertible to cash. I think it's why we've signed so many academy kids who clearly aren't ready to contribute to the senior team, and ultimately I think it's why they'll sell Brek well before 2015. See how I move those goalposts! But really, I think mid-2012 is very possible, and I don't think I'm way out in left field in holding that opinion.