Brazilian Football X South American Football

Discussion in 'CONMEBOL' started by TRICOLOR BRASIL, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Corinthiano

Corinthiano New Member

Nov 30, 2003
    Alfenas-BR
    Many say that the Corinthians ja exceeded the Flamengo in numbers of adepts, accurately do not know which of the two teams have greater number of adepts in Brazil, therefore in these last times the Flamengo did not gain nothing, only regional championships and all year is fighting not to be lowered for serie B and the Corinthians since 1994 comes gaining at least 1 championship per year, Already the Palmeiras more are not respected by the other adversaries as old, had its despromoção for série B in 2002, already the São Paulo is known as "bambi or pipoqueiro" teams, therefore all the championships are always between the first ones, but never it earns, when the teams arrives at decision moments "trembles".

2. Pingudo

Pingudo New Member

Nov 18, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Why does Corinthians sometimes plays in Morumbi and sometimes in a smaller stadium? the same goes for Palmairas and Sao Paulo. In Rio is the same thing, Flamengo sometimes play in the Maracana and sometimes in a smaller stadium? Why? Can somebody please clarify.

3. Corinthiano

Corinthiano New Member

Nov 30, 2003
    Alfenas-BR

Corinthians and Palmeiras play in the Morumbi alone in finals or important games, as classics(Corinthians x Palmeiras, Corinthians x SPFC, São Paulo x Palmeiras), already the São Paulo is the proprietor of the stadium. if to not deceit, a governor constructed the stadium me and gave for the São Paulo. In "normal" games the Palmeiras use the Parque Antartica and the Corinthians use the Pacaembu. The Maracanã is a state stadium, therefore the Flamengo and Fluminense play there. The Botafogo and the Vasco play in the Maracanã alone in important games or classics, they are this play in São Januário and in Caio Martins respectively.

4. TRICOLOR BRASIL

Feb 5, 2004
    Brazil
    Sao Paulo plays 99% of the time at morumbi. Rarely in Pacaembu, that is a State satium, a smaller one (to which I live very nearly).

5. Pingudo

Pingudo New Member

Nov 18, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    So I'm guessing is the same for Flamengo? Flamengo plays the important games in Maracana, and the not so important games in Raulino Oliveira? I guess there is no incentive for Flamengo to build a bigger stadium since it has the Maracana. But doesn't Flamengo has to pay anything to use the Maracana?

6. Pingudo

Pingudo New Member

Nov 18, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    How was the champion decided in the 80s and 90s? Was it always the way it is now? where all teams play against each other home and away and the team that has the most points at the end of the season, is the champion? I heard it was different before.

7. Corinthiano

Corinthiano New Member

Nov 30, 2003
    Alfenas-BR
    they pay the tax rent of the stadium

8. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    As Corinthiano said...well,some major stadiuns here:

Corinthians - Parque São Jorge Stadium - Capacity:15000 (But Corinthians prefere to play at Pacaembú stadium,with 40000)
    São Paulo - Morumbi Stadium - Capacity:About 75000
    Palmeiras - Parque Antartica(Palestra Italia) Stadium - Capacity:30000
    Santos - Vila Belmiro Stadium - Capacity:25000
    Portuguesa - Canindé Stadium - Capacity:25000
    São Caetano - Anacleto Campanella - Capacity:28000
    Santo André - Bruno José Daniel - Capacity:15000(Santo André will play Libertadores,so check out ;) )
    Nacional( :D ) - Nicolau Alayon - Capacity:15000

In Rio and Minas we have the same thing...Atlético Mineiro sometimes play at Independencia(América MG Stadium);But Mineirão and Macaranã,both state stadiuns.

9. Pingudo

Pingudo New Member

Nov 18, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Sao Paulo does seem to have a lot of stadiums, and a lot of money. Most of the teams going to Libertadores next year are from SP: Santos, SPFC, Palmeiras, Santo Andre! What's going on with the teams from Rio? They haven't been in contention in the last few years, and Flamengo and Botafogo are fighting relegation!

10. neovox

neovox Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Sul do Brasil
    Brazil has more than 500 stadiums. A lot of options... :)

11. neovox

neovox Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Sul do Brasil
    It was different, every year a different way. :cool: The current model (the European way) is as good as possible. But i would like to see a FINAL game, with the winner of the first round playing against the winner of the second round.

12. Pingudo

Pingudo New Member

Nov 18, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I like the current format. Is attendance better with this format? I'm afraid that if attendance is not better than before they might change it. Anybody has any attendance statistics for previous years? I saw a few games on FSW this year, and the crowds seemed ok, I'm guessing average attendace of maybe ~16k. does anybody has any links?

13. TRICOLOR BRASIL

Feb 5, 2004
    Brazil
    The attendance wasnt good, but it has nothing to do with lack of interest in this format. Brazilians are interested and like this european format, the huge number of people signing paperview for the brazilian championship the last 2 years show that. The problem is the violence in the stadiums, the difficulties to buy the tickets and the "cambistas".
    Anyway, tihs european format must continue. Its the best way.

14. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I would say language is a part of it but also the fact that Mexico and Argentina domininate (headquarters) these channels in their areas. Here in Ecuador we have ESPN deprotes and Fox Sports Americas, but it is almost like watching a local Argentine sports show. It should be called Fox Sports Argentina. The commentators are also pretty arrogant and even if you are watching an Arsenal-Villa game the commentators will only talk about Argentina and their players. They even keep bringing the how the Argentine national team lost the 90' WC due to a conspiracy from FIFA...I tell you, it gets pretty bad at times. Granted, it was a fun channel to watch when Argentina blew chunks at 2002...

Cris

15. neovox

neovox Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Sul do Brasil
    You're right about São Paulo and Rio. As for the other major cities in the country, the problem is the poor quality of some sides. Here in Curitiba, for instance, Atlético Paranaense has full attendance, while Coritiba and Paraná Clube struggle with lack of audience.

16. neovox

neovox Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Sul do Brasil
    That's why we have ESPN Brasil and ESPN International.

17. neovox

neovox Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Sul do Brasil
    The average attendance is going down. But the league as a whole is much more interesting.

18. Ariel_Inter

Ariel_Inter New Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Porto Alegre
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    isso sim é estadio! :D
    [​IMG]

:D :D

19. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    There you have it then...

20. Bandeirante

Bandeirante Member

Dec 7, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Been to many games in Rio at Sao Januario and the Maracana and at Morumbi in Sao Paulo. I have seen very little violence. Nothing that concerned me or my wife. Even in the arquibancada, it was cool. Saw worse in Buenos Aires at the River games and in La Boca. Argentina has a far worse reputation, but the stadiums are packed...

21. the reason brazil has espn brazil is because they have a better relationship american sporting instatutions the brazilean x games which invented the latin american x games which is still held in brazil other south american countries cant hold a light brazileans compete in the american x games and sometimes vica versa etc..

22. neovox

neovox Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Sul do Brasil
    I always thought it was because we are 180 million speaking Portuguese. :)

It is interesting for brands like ESPN or MTV to be in Brazil producing Brazilian versions of their programming with Brazilian journalists, producers and all the rest. But it's important to notice that they are not of great significance in the country.