Brazil vs Ecuador [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by MIGkiller, Nov 17, 2004.

1. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Re: Brazil vs Ecuador PBP [R]

Hey I fortold the Future with my gol call. My bad!

2. vico

vico Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden

brasil, for the sake of every other south american country except for ecuador (and argentina) please equalize

3. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA

From what I am listening to online, Ronaldo is sleepwalking. Is he saving his soccer for the game against Barcelona? Ronaldinho is apparently busting his guts out...

4. se7en

se7en New Member

Aug 18, 2004

its too darn late for adriano. he was supposed to be in at somewhere 60'. it was so obvious that ronaldo wasnt performing. heck, i dont even think ronaldinho gave his 100%.

5. vico

vico Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden

damn it ecuador are now favourites to take one of the direct spots

6. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

This is a **********ing disgrace, losing to a **********ty team like Ecuador, High Altitude or not.

7. vico

vico Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden

with the advantage of altitude ecuador is going to qualify to every single world cup for the next foreseeable future

8. MIGkiller

MIGkiller Member+

Flamengo
    Brazil
    May 9, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Damn these sneaky teams who get high on the altitude (pun intended).

FT: Brazil 0 x 1 Ecuador. Same result of that awfull 2001 year. Brazil was the better team though.

May this serve as a reminder for the team that we're not qualified yet. And that Roque Junior's time with the seleção is fvcking gone!

9. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

They still suck, they only win in high altitude, theres a reason they lost every away game

10. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand

i dont think its because of altitude only

they have a good unit of players

even if they dont have superstars

11. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Game over... IMO Out of 6 points, Brazil should have come way with 1 point against Ecuador. I saw the first game in Manoas and Ecuador was ROBBED of a penalty kick on Reasco... But do you really expect a Venezuelan Ref to give out Penalty call against Brazil. Good Victory from Ecuador as expected..

12. dna77054

dna77054 Member+

Jun 28, 2003
    houston

Yep that altitude can help, but Bolivia has not done much with it since 94. BTW did not Ecuador give Brazil a pretty good match in Brazil in the first game? Of course Brazil is the best, but Ecuador has more than altitude going for them.

Also considering the likelyhood of the Arg-Ven result, looks like Arg will take over the top spot, not that it means anything.

13. vico

vico Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden

noone is denying that they have a good team. that is why ecuador qualify and not bolivia even though they play in la paz

it is just that the altitude in quito gives them the cutting edge over the other south american teams

14. MIGkiller

MIGkiller Member+

Flamengo
    Brazil
    May 9, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

I agree. This has been Ronaldo lately. I think Parreira should bench him or release him to scourt Cicarelli on her shopping for their wedding wardrobe and give the starting position for players more 'ball-hunger' at this moment like Adriano.

15. vico

vico Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden

especially since in these eliminatorias many teams have performed as good on the road at as home like chile and peru

there have been many points taken on the road for all teams. playing at altitude helps you to win the games at home which is very important.

16. moose8008

moose8008 New Member

Jul 6, 2004

Brasil lost 1-0. This game was a recipe for disaster. Ecuador is a very solid team, so this would be a dangerous game even under ideal conditions. Then you throw in the fact that the team had no preparation. All the players played on Sunday in Europe, flew straight to Guayaquil(spelling) on Monday, they had one light practice on Tuesday, then travel to Quito the day of the game. What do you expect? Brasil's real team will show up in the World Cup when we have an entire month to prepare together. Until then, under this silly format we will have to live with these erratic performances.

17. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

In that case expect Bolivia in There...Most BvllSh!t I ever heard. What Ecuador just started playing in the Altitude.. Oh My God. When did that happen. Not!!!! Ecuador has always played in Quito and We and Brazilians used to beat the hell out of them up there, so don't start this altitute Crap.. Players today are 10 times more fit today then they were in the past. Argentina was the only team to beat Ecuador in Quito last time around. We've also lost up there. Give Credit where credit is due.. I as Remember Brazil escape a tie against in ECuador in Manoas.. What do you have to say about that!!

18. vico

vico Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden

yes ecuador is much better now. they are a very good team that play well on sea level as well

that is exactly the point. now they are so good that the altitude gives them the cutting edge necessary to qualify without mayor problems. bolivia isn't good enough and therefore they cannot make us of the altitude since they unlike ecuador never win any points outside home.

19. se7en

se7en New Member

Aug 18, 2004

actually i think brasil could win this game, see kaka had plenty of chances only to waste.

20. MIGkiller

MIGkiller Member+

Flamengo
    Brazil
    May 9, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

I wonder what Ecuador has that gets you all excited around here everytime they face Brazil. Maybe because they can still beat Brazil, contrary to your home Argentina. Or maybe your real home is Ecuador.

Now enjoy your last moments on the Brazil forum for a while, joker.

21. johnnygol

johnnygol New Member

Jun 28, 2004

high altitud is BS, we have a team that have being playing together for years . Liga de Quito just eliminated Santos last week . we have improved. I don't think we are already in the world cup but if we continue like this we deserve it. this high altitud crap is just frustration.
    :)

22. neovox

neovox Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Sul do Brasil

Altitude is a real problem. I was suffocating in front of the tv. :D

Now serious. You got the point. Besides that, Ronaldo was evidently tired, Ronaldinho had a bad attitude again, Kaká was (for most of the time) trying to save some air, Dida was almost perfect, Kleberson was not that bad after all, Roberto Carlos was pretending to be a Seleção player and Adriano was wasted on the bench. Circumstances lead to a disaster. :(

23. moose8008

moose8008 New Member

Jul 6, 2004

Don't give me this Venezuelan referee wouldn't call a penalty against Brasil nonsense. Referees make mistakes. The calls tend to even out. You only notice what you want to notice. Brasil has also gotten plenty of bad calls over the years in world cups, etc... This idea that refereers intentionally favor Brasil is such garbage.

I agree with Argentina Futbol. This is not about altitute, it is about the silly format where you play one game every two months. It is even more difficult for Brasil and Argentina because most of our players play in Europe and have to travel long distance, adjust to different time zones, etc... Everyone agrees this format was a mistake and FIFA has said it will change in 2010.

I would like to see if you let Brasil and Argentina pick one group of players, practice together for a month and then go out and play, how many games we would lose. There is a reason Brasil and Argentina win world cups and teams like Ecuador, Bolivia, Paraguya don't.

24. moacir

moacir New Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Figueira da Foz, PT

WTF? Ecuador did not play that well. Brazil gave the game away, they could not even get throw-ins right. Once two Braziliansw knocked down each other and the Ecuatorian got the ball. It was bad comedy like those silent movies. Roque Junior gave at least two goals for Ecuador, but Juninho Pernanbucano saved the first. The second hit Juan's crotch, went between his legs and took Dida out. I hope he can't score at home for a week.
    It was ridiculous losing 1x0 and Dida wasting time to take a goal kick.

Moral of the story: "Why get f...g tired and short of breath and risk injury when the real game is on Sunday..." I would fine each player one month's salary and get a new coach with the extra money.

25. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

First of all. I'm a Football Fan. Second, I've always like Ecuador. Great country, Crazy beautiful women.. I just hate that fact that Brazil always gets over the smaller teams.. ka ching, joker.