Brazil v USA on ESPN

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by newjerseyboy, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What a fun evening of soccer. Exceptionally well played by both teams. What we saw from the USA portends good things for the future. I'm betting Altadore, Adu and Zizzu get a run out with the full USMNT team in the near future. This has been a coming out party for Adu. I'm going to sleep well tonight. :D

2. How refreshing is it sto see that killer instinct?

Geez, it's like watching the 1993 Dallas Cowboys again!

:D

3. jerseydan

jerseydan New Member

Jun 5, 2005
    Plus the material was covered already in a fine film by Spike Lee, Summer of Sam....

4. JuanPeron

JuanPeron Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    St. Vincent and the Grenadines
    Oh god how much do I miss those days?

5. JB08

JB08 New Member

May 13, 2007
    Toronto
    Congrats on great win. I have tickets to the 1/4 final game and will definitely cheer for the US. All good for the MLS, considering the number of players in the league.

6. canesfan00

canesfan00 New Member

Apr 1, 2007
    Miami
    Great game. I'm extremely pleased with the US's performance in all 3 matches against a noteworthy group.

Wow! Beating Mexico and Brasil in a matter of weeks. It's a great time to be a USMNT fan. Maybe the U-20 can get revenge against Argentina for our senior team and bring home another chip for the US this summer.

7. stingbee30

stingbee30 Member

Mar 16, 2006
    After this game, don't be surprised to see the remaining US games to be on ESPN or ESPN2. I think ESPN should be able to show the round 16 on Wednesday night. If not on ESPN, it will definetly be on ESPN2.

8. FCmagic01

FCmagic01 Member

Nov 10, 2006
    make sure to tell them this on their site.........i know i did

9. WALDO

WALDO Member

Feb 20, 2005
    BURBANK
    The future is now for these guys. I had a hunch Altidore was better than EJ, and this confirms it.

10. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Am I the only one that had ESPN showing Nascar instead of the game? Of course, because for whatever reason I'm the idiot that set ESPN2 to record.

11. TheLostUniversity

Los Angeles Galaxy
    Feb 4, 2007
    Greater Boston
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ugh :(. One day you'll laugh with your grandkids over this .....or maybe you'll just get a bootleg copy and pretend ESPN Dos never happened;)

12. ghazi

ghazi Member

Feb 27, 2004
    Chicago
    It's gonna be replayed tomorrow or Sunday. . i forgot when. Check www.soccertv.com, or use the Search thingy on your DVR.

13. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Yeah ESPN2 had the rained out Busch qualifying and race.

14. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why is everyone calling this win an upset? Just because the opposition was wearing a brasil shirt? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the US u-20's just beat a polish side 6-1 that beat brasil?

Well deserved win and top spot in the group.

15. SpassMacher2000

Jun 15, 2006
    This was a fun game to watch in a packed stadium with a great atmosphere. Sure it was U-20 but the average fan will still think beating Brazil is a huge upset, and seeing Freddy Adu show some brilliance out there will create some buzz. Definitely good for US soccer.

16. bjgcheese

bjgcheese Member

May 25, 2007
    Having been at the game (sitting at the corner where Freddy started his run), I would have appreciated a scoreboard or clock at the stadium! There was nothing. A 10'x14' Minitron above one goal showed the feed from TV - except replays. If you had tremendous vision, you could see the time/score in that feed - otherwise it was like watching my kids youth games and trying to remember when the half started. Even better, the Minitron was facing the sun, so it was washed out with glare for the Argentina game.

Great games to be at despite the scoreboard issue.

17. jrkumor

jrkumor New Member

Jun 16, 2005
    H2O-Town, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What a great game, totally makes up for the entire Copa America result...

I was watching the game at the gym, and the guy on the treadmill next to me was watching E! and most everyone else was watching the Red Sox get their asses handed to them...I wanted to yell at them - "WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS? WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?" :D

18. bostonsoccermdl

bostonsoccermdl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Dont forget the Hot dog eating competition. That is what the game bumped.

19. HoBo30

HoBo30 New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Detroit, MI
    Because watching the Tigers pound on the Red Sox is so much fun!

20. flippin269

flippin269 Member+

Aug 3, 2003
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure why people keep trying to downgrade what the U-20 team is accomplishing there. They proved in that match that the US's next generation of stars are capable of beating Brazil, and beating the team that beat Brazil 6-1. It also has proved that Adu, Altidore, and quite a few others are indeed way ahead of their age in terms of individual development.

BTW, did you guys hear who the FIFA announcer repeatedly compared Altidore to durig the game?

21. HighburyForever

HighburyForever Red Card

Oct 15, 2006
    Wooloomooloo, New South Wales
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
  22. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    He will ignore it. As far as he is concerned, it never happened. Brazil? Coffee and Carnival -- end of story.

23. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why are you not calling this win an upset? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the brasil u-20's just beat a south korean side that tied the US? See where I'm going here? By that logic every team should beat ever other team. :rolleyes:

24. rufio2004nfg

rufio2004nfg New Member

Sep 5, 2005
    US > Mexico > Brazil

So Brazil beating us would be a shocking upset in the world of football.

25. Makandal

Makandal Member

Apr 21, 2007
    Cambridge, MA (USA)
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    He will ignore it; sadly for him, there was no riot or fans running onto the pitch to attack player or referee. SO this will not be highlight worthy on his show.