Brazil is coming...

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Medeiros, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Medeiros

Medeiros Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Pawtucket, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://goal.com/en-US/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=676925

So it looks like Brazil will be playing vs Venezuela in Boston on June 6. I'm guessing by Boston they mean Gillette. Any chance of a reschudeling by the REVs and a possible double header with them. I see they play Dallas on 6-8 at home but it is televised on telefutura. Anyhow, would be a great oppurtunity to showcase the REVs

2. jrkumor

jrkumor New Member

Jun 16, 2005
    H2O-Town, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I doubt they would do a double header, knowing that they can make way more money by charging everyone (including STHs) more money by filling up the stadium.

3. peabrainedidiot

peabrainedidiot New Member

Nov 21, 2005
    wessagussett
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree, but at the same time....they get to completely warp the avg attendence numbers massively (by about 2k-3 k more per game because they'll be about 35k more people) and they get to put the revs infront of a lot of "potential customers".... :cool:

it's a plan so stupid... it just might work!!!!

(except it wont):rolleyes:

my gut says you are right though. bottom line; it's another event at the stadium where kraft can make more money in addition to what the revs do (which is just a tax write off)

4. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It'll probably be a triple header with Benfica vs Porto or maybe a touring preview of the new WUSA ;)

I'd stay for Benfica Porto. Then again, who wouldn't.

5. peabrainedidiot

Nov 21, 2005
    wessagussett
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. peabrainedidiot

Nov 21, 2005
    wessagussett
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and will ronaldinho be sober?:D

8. brduvel

brduvel New Member

Nov 2, 2005
    The Republik
    Better start driving now to make it there on time. :eek:

9. ngower

ngower foolish grin

May 24, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    Hmm....this will be interesting to see how they go about doing it. Having both games on the same day and NOT making it a double header would be horrible! We'd have about 7 fans in attendance at the start of the Revs game due to the parking situation/Patriot Place.

A double header would be nice, but how would they go about dealing with STH's who already have a seat? Let's say an STH doesn't want to go, do they just leave that seat open?

Also, if they do indeed make it a doubleheader and rack up the prices, I'll be pissed. There's no way I can afford what they wanted for last year. As much as I'd love to see the atmosphere in person (I'm sure we'd have plenty of Brazilians stick around too), it'd really **** over me and pretty much their entire advertised fan base (soccer moms, families, etc).

I don't want to speculate yet, but I have a feeling this is going to turn into a disaster.

10. brduvel

brduvel New Member

Nov 2, 2005
    The Republik
    Could be wrong here, but the Revs don't play on 6/6, and I don't imagine that it is going to happen for the very valid reasons outlined above.

11. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Try 50K.

12. ngower

ngower foolish grin

May 24, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    ...and you would be correct, there is no Revs game on June 6th. There is this whole reading-the-article thing, it's not for me:p

13. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They won't sell over 50k more people for Brazil/Venezuela. Yes, there's a good market for the Brazil team, but not so much for Venezuela (not like Mexico).

It'll be a good crowd, but not 50k higher. Hell, it might not even be 50k.

Anyway, I'll be absolutely pissed if they change the sched and make this a double header. Plain and simple. Yeah, I want to be driving down 128 on a Friday night during the nice summer months. :rolleyes:

14. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime New Member

Jul 5, 2007
    oops, saw the title of this thread and thought it was alluding to further information from the Ronaldo/Tranny incident.

My apologies...

15. DREWWW

DREWWW Member

Jan 24, 2006
    H2Otown, Masachewsez
    I want to go to this for sure!

16. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dodge down I-90, take exit 13, bear left, turn right onto Speen, bear left onto 9 East, and turn right at the first car dealership onto 27 south. It's a relaxing country drive that might take about 25 minutes, and drops you about half a mile from the stadium.

17. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have you ever drove the mass pike, especiallly from the Weston tolls to 495, on a Friday night?

It may take 25 minutes from the pike, but it'll take you another 45 minutes from 128.

18. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Um, not that I can remember (probably blocked it out). I can guess that it might be pretty bad, since route 9 gets nightmarish. I still think that's more about very badly timed lights that are too close together though.

I was figuring that he might be driving down 3 to 93 to 95, which would be really bad in and of itself. No matter how you slice it that's got to be 150 minutes.

19. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have no interest in getting on the Pike, that actually might be worse anyway.

Oh well, they'll never move the Revs game, so it doesn't matter. And if they do, I really have to start wondering WTF they're thinking? We already have four weeknight games on our schedule.

20. Shadow10

Shadow10 New Member

Dec 11, 2007
    The only thing that might prevent 65k at this game is the time slot. If the game was played on a Sat or Sun evening Brazil could play Guam and sell out. According to my brother (his wife is Brazilian) a lot of Brazilians that did not go to the game last year, saw the crowd on TV and said that would go the next time Brazil played here.

You are right about the driving down 128 on a Friday in June. How many people going to the Cape won't even know that there is a soccer game going on and get stuck on that parking lot. I'll have to listen to the whiner line that night.:eek:

21. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If they make this a Special Event for Season Ticket holders I'll be more than a bit pissed.

22. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While I'd rather a US match...I'd take Brazil/Venezuela over a USOC match or even a playoff match based on price alone! Which is exactly why this will NOT be included in the season ticket package...

After sitting in the parking lot across Rt 1 until 2am the last time the yellow bastids came to town I won't be going unless I get access to VIP parking and the secret batcave exit into Walpole!:D

23. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You'd rather watch a meaningless friendly (in a game that's not even featuring your own national team) than your club team in a playof match? :eek:

24. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Uncle Mike, I know you're country over club, but this isn't even your country. I got Revolution Season Tickets, not tickets to watch an increasingly pedestrian Ronaldinho and Chavez's boys. Paying extra for this game is something I want the OPTION for. I do not want to be forced into wasting one of our last 3 special events. I'm with Monty on this one. Don't forget, we might get CONCACAF Champs League games here.

25. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not even close...notice I said "on price alone".

I'd rather pay $18 for a Revs GA playoff ticket and get a $70 Brazil match ticket included free in my STH package...

C'Mon I thought you were a Senior Financial something or other??:p