Bravo again - Nice encore

Discussion in 'Lot 8' started by Sanguine, Oct 23, 2004.

1. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001

2. jlm120170

jlm120170 New Member

Dec 14, 2003
    maryland
    Yea I have the FSW on tape I bet you the CSN was better.My fello Norteno s SE and Barra bros and sis we turned this motha out and to think they say Chicago has the best supporters i beg to differ.

3. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Chicago's fans look great on TV...

Of course they look even better sitting on their a$$es at home watching TV:D

4. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    You've won this round..but Im still gonna mug you for that tape anyway :D

5. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    HA!!! :D

6. United_Caps_Fan

United_Caps_Fan New Member

Apr 25, 2004
    Alexandria,VA 134/35
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was the one who came down to the ESC to take a few pics of you guys. Let me just tell you how floored I was at how nasty most of you were in genearl. I wasnt expecting a red carpet or anything of the sort, but I wasnt expecting threats of physical violence, nor deat threats, nor being chased by 3 people threatening to mame me. At least there were a few Metro fans who attempted to put a stop to that tho. Not everyone was a total wanker. One even apologized to me for his fellow supporters nastyness. As soon as I realized how serious some of your "supporters" were about trying to cause a physical confrontation, I started to back up to leave. Some of the metro fans near me even asked me to go because they didnt want any problems from THIER OWN fellow supporters, and I obliged, though a few of them chased me for a couple sections until I headed up top. Anyway,I wasnt there to cause any problem with anyone. I even said aloud several times I just wanted to take some photos of the ESC and co.

Ive travled quite alot to other teams venues in hockey, and have been to some of the harshest places to be an opposing teams fan, including the old Spectrum in philly, and MSG, and i gotta say ive never been treated as badly as I was by some of the metro fans at Giants. Some of you are going to complain about our fans cursing in front of kids, but its OK for someone to yell and curse and threaten physical violence and death to an opposing teams fan who was doing nothing incindiary, all the while DIRECTLY in front of loads of families, many with small children. How fvcking hypocritcal.

As for the other people you talk about here and on your boards on BS, I dont know who they are and didnt see any of those incidents. (the two you say crashed the ESC, and the guy running around randomly yelling at metro fans, old men and kids, nor the DCU fan who got roughed up.)

On both my walk TO and from the ESC section, i was treated to quite a few insults as well, most of which I ignored. Most of that was on the way TO tho, as on the way back I moved up high were there were not many people sitting to walk. Id also like to add that some of those nice four letter words and insults were from poeople WITH children or children very close by. The only people I stopped to talk to were a couple of DCU fans who stopped me to chat and they were up high near midfield. Lucky for me I was back in a much friendlier invironment by the time Ernie scored, or else I really may have had a problem because I dont stay quiet when my team scores, no matter who is around me.

I have a great photo of one of the guys who was yelling and cursing at me, threatening all kinds of awful things including dismemberment. He was the first one who ran up to me out of no where, that other metro fans near ME got to back off and asked me to go because they didnt want trouble from some of thier fellow fans. Also got a few shots of your fellow ESC metrotard fans flipping me the bird. But you cant hear all the "fvck yous" and the like that were being hurled along with it. I didnt mind that so much really tho. I supposed we might treat one of yours the same way. It was actually kind of amusing that just wearing anything identifying me as a DCU supporter got so many people all bent out of shape. LOL!

I would say im sorry about the other two incidences involving DCU supporters, but really, im not. Not after my experiences with some of the lowlife metrotard fans I had.

So if anything, your some of your fellow supporters totally took away your claim that you have more class or whatever. by my count, it looks to me like both sides can claim they have some pretty caustic **************s in thier midst.

In fact, the ONLY metro fan I acutally MET, was the one that came up to some of us as we were leaving, yelling and screaming how he hates the Metros, and threw his metros scarf in the TRASH, and said he is now doing what hes wanted to do all along, and supporting D.C. United. Smart move on his part.

Great game, great time, and it was awesome going into your house and making it our second home. RFK north. Next time tho I wont waste my time trying to get a few pics of a group of people who couldnt support a players jock, much less an entire MLS club.

7. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Ok so that was you. Hi. Yea I didn't think you were there to start trouble, otherwise you wouldn't have brought your camera with you. You seemed cool and just wanted to take some pictures of the ESC flipping some birds at you. But the mere sight of the shirt you were wearing set off quite a few folks in the section. Don't take that as a defense, but more as an explanation. The same way had I gone near your section with a camera and my Metro shirt, can you vouch that no one in your section would come over and chased me away? Either way, I am glad you were not hurt.

But you are right about 1 thing..... As many times I have been confronted by a pissed off Flyer or Icelander or Capital fan, it can't compare to the comments and threats I've received from from a DC fan. Not that I am calling United fans classless (we all have our bad apples), but soccer definately ups the passion meter when it comes to rivals fans.

8. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Nice post Caps. Cant wait to see the pics.

People from New York being rude? Who'd have thunk it? :rolleyes:

Highlight of the night was on the way out with Nick, some Metroturd fan runs by us and yells 'DC SUCKS!'

Which was met by a laugh and a reply of 'Yeah, we suck to the tune of 2-0'..and for all their protestations of cussing in front of kids, thats why a guy with a kid hopping into his SUV told us right in front of his kid '******** DC they suck' :rolleyes:

Although I did have fun pulling a Peter Griffin (of Family Guy fame) ((in as loud a voice I could muster at that point)) "Metros Suck, Yankees Suck, Mets Suck, Giants Suck, Jets Suck" and catching some nasty glares

9. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    To be fair if any Metro fan did that to us during game they'd get same or worse reception (if from noone else then I can guarantee it from me :p ). I stood to the side and took a few pics of ESC while taking our guys head on pics but I wasn't going to go in. I don't think I'd have problem strolling through, with this being US and all, but walking into rival kop with your colors is asking for trouble.

Didn't notice any hostility on the rest of stadium during game (aside from security) and I walked over to their side with Barra jersey and scarf couple times. I did meet a Croatian guy that I chated with for a few about our home league :)

10. beltwayrob

beltwayrob New Member

Jun 15, 2004
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You should have heard all of us at Summers! A good crowd of anywhere between 30-40 DCU fans chanting, screaming, and making football & baseball fans completely jealous!

Everyone looked great at the match. Wish I could have been there for all the fun! To the Summers crowd: We ROCKED that joint!