Brasil x Argentina, 11 de Outubro de 2014 - Super Clássico das Américas

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Century's Best, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    [​IMG] vs. [​IMG]

Saturday, October 11, 2014. 8:05am Eastern time, 5:05am Pacific time.
    Sábado, 11 de Outubro de 2014. 9:05am horário de Brasília, 8:05pm local time.
    Beijing National Stadium (Bird’s Nest), Beijing, China.

[​IMG]
    After a suspension in 2013, the Super Clássico das Américas – a refurbished version of the old Copa Roca – returns as Brazil and Argentina meet for bragging rights. And unlike the 2011 and 2012 editions of the competition, which stipulated only domestic players were eligible to participate in a home-and-away format, the 2014 version will be a single match falling on an official FIFA date, thusly granting eligibility to all players.

In its September tour of the United States, Brazil defeated Colombia and Ecuador with a combined scoreline of 2-0 – two victories with set-up plays resulting in 1 goal apiece – whereas Argentina, runner up in the 2014 World Cup, beat World Cup champions Germany 4-2 in Düsseldorf.

During Dunga's first stint as manager of Brazil, the two sides met 4 times, with 3 Brazilian wins and 1 draw.
    - 2006: London, 3-0 Brazil (Elano, 2 gols; Kaká)
    - 2007: Maracaibo, Copa América 3-0 Brazil (Júlio Baptista, Ayala (own goal), Daniel Alves)
    - 2008 Belo Horizonte, World Cup Qualifying 0-0
    - 2009: Rosario, World Cup Qualifying 1-3 (Luizão, Luís Fabiano – 2 goals)

However, China does bring Brazilian fans a bitter memory as it was in this Asian nation that Dunga’s Olympic team fell to a Messi-led Argentina Olympic side 3-0 in 2008.

2. PMLF

PMLF Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Rio de Janeiro, Bra
    Brazil squad:

Jefferson (Botafogo)
    Rafael Cabral (Napoli)
    David Luiz (PSG)
    Marquinhos (PSG)
    Gil (Corinthians)
    Miranda (Atlético Madrid)
    Mário Fernandes (CSKA Moscow)
    Filipe Luís (Chelsea)
    Dodô (Internazionale)
    Danilo (FC Porto)
    Luiz Gustavo (Wolfsburg)
    Elias (Corinthians)
    Fernandinho (Manchester City)
    Ramires (Chelsea)
    Everton Ribeiro (Cruzeiro)
    Oscar (Chelsea)
    Robinho (Santos)
    Ricardo Goulart (Cruzeiro)
    Willian (Chelsea)
    Neymar (Barcelona)
    Coutinho (Liverpool)
    Diego Tardelli (Atlético Mineiro)

3. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    East Orange, New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    When will Tata name his squad? Cause Tevez is in good form for Juventus and his 3 yr exile should end!!

4. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    "Tata?" This is what they call their new manager? You gotta give it to the Argentines, they come up with the strangest nicknames.

5. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Tite ?

6. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    No....Tata Martino when he used to coach Barcelona!!

7. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    "Tata" is what they call their manager. I know Tite's real name is Adenor Leonardo Bacchi, but we don't nickname our players and coaches that much.

8. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well anyway Messi has another coach that's just gonna kiss his ass!! I guess that will change when Cholo becomes coach by 2018!!

9. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Still no Tevez:

Goalkeepers: Sergio Romero (Sampdoria), Nahuel Guzman (Tigres UANL)

Defenders: Mateo Musacchio (Villarreal), Pablo Zabaleta (Manchester City), Martin Demichelis (Manchester City), Marcos Rojo (Manchester United), Santiago Vergini (Sunderland), Federico Fernandez (Swansea)

Midfielders: Javier Mascherano (Barcelona), Lucas Biglia (Lazio), Javier Pastore (PSG), Roberto Pereyra (Juventus), Angel Di Maria (Manchester United), Erik Lamela (Tottenham), Enzo Perez (Benfica), Nicolas Gaitan (Benfica)

Strikers: Lionel Messi (Barcelona), Sergio Agüero (Manchester City), Gonzalo Higuain (Napoli).

10. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    A lot of EPL players for a South American squad

Radu Razvan repped this.
  11. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Romero it's reserve at Doria..

12. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That's some bullshit!! Tevez belongs on that squad!!

13. Kevin_405

Kevin_405 Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Just back from injury and also Tevez is a distraction. He is playing well thought

14. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Dude come on, Kaka?

Anyway for the other guy I love Tevez for what he did for Boca but he was a diva in the NT and acted like an ass.

15. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    EPL clubs are buying South American players and players coming from La Liga a lot. Managers as well.

It's becoming more attack minded. I watched the last Chelsea match and even for a Mourinho team they were playing pretty great attacking football. Technically 3 Brazilians scored for them since Diego Costa is Brazilian.

16. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Please don't open a can of worms!!! PLEASE!!!:D:D:p

17. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Kaká is a nickname I’m not all that fond of, but it's catchy. And Carlos Caetano Bledorn Verri’s usage of “Dunga,” or Marcos Evangelista de Morais’ usage of “Cafu,” or Manuel Francisco dos Santos’ usage of “Garrincha” were peculiar, but nicknames in Brazilian soccer are not as common. Ronaldo Nazário was called “Ronaldinho” until Ronaldo de Assis Moreira came on the scene. Cicinho is a nickname for Cícero (Cícero João de Cézare).

You guys have Tata, Pulga, Pupi, Vasco, Cholo, Brujita, Gata, Loco, Pato, Tano, Payasito, Chuchu, Kun, etc.

Thanks but no thanks. I’ll take Kaká, Dunga, Cafu, Cicinho, and Garrincha any day.

And as for Tevez, I couldn’t agree more. As I’m sure you remember, he mocked our players in the final minutes of the 2004 Copa América final. Adriano equalized and we won the penalty shootout. It’s no wonder Tevez behaved discreetly, without provocations, in the 2007 final (Tevez and your entire team – Dunga himself later said that his beef wasn’t with you, but rather, with the press).

18. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Souza from SPFC was called to replace Ramires.

19. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  20. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    NotreDameFlamengo and Radu Razvan repped this.
  21. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Mixed feelings on this. On one hand, Kaká is one of my all-time favorite players: world-class skills with rugged yet clean competitiveness, with an off-the-field demeanor and track record that has earned him the respect of teammates, opponents, managers, and of course, fans. I wish he had remained at a level that could have earned him a spot in this year's World Cup - he's not where he was in 2010 or in 2006, but he's still got the talent and he indubitably worked very hard to return to the roster. It was surreal to see him greet the starting players vs. Croatia wearing the jersey.

On the other... SPFC will need him (and Souza). We're now 3rd, and we're 4 points behind 2nd-place Internacional. The Campeonato Brasileiro will not stop during next weekend's international fixtures. And given his age, I doubt Kaká will be a realistic option for Russia 2018. If he helps us a win in China, great, but above and beyond this annual confrontation w/ the Argentines, we need to look to the future. Kaká's not part of it (although I sure wish he's part of SPFC's near future... damn MLS.).

22. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  23. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Kaka called over Ganso is pure idiocy. Don't really get Dunga's motivation here.

24. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    I find the complaints from Sao Paulo about the Kaka and Souza call-ups as one to purposefully deplete the team during the next round of games to be completely idiotic.

We all know CBF is a load of bollocks basically. The clubs are the ones who vote on who represents them at the state level - and those people in turn represent the states at the national level. If you want the calendar to change, then vote accordingly!

25. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Damn then L. Fabiano, J. Baptista, and Josue cant be far behind!!:p