Brand new Clean Sheet.

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by Northside Rovers, Aug 15, 2002.

1. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Crazy_Quakes_Fan

Crazy_Quakes_Fan New Member

Jul 23, 2002
    San Mateo, CA
    I just saw that...very interesting, especially the bit about Wolff and Bradley. It's made more interesting by the fact that many here at BigSoccer like to point out that Bradley very well could be our national coach...if that would happen while Wolff was playing there could be another Mathis/Arena controversy brewing...

3. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    "THE NEWS: Carlos Valderrama says he eventually wants to coach the Colombian National Team.

TCS SAYS: Has a team ever played a 0-5-5 formation before? Bet the fitness workouts in his training sessions would be real tough."

As a Mutiny fan who was amazed by Carlos' economy of effort, this was a funny comment.

4. Native Aztexan

Jan 27, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    THE NEWS: Carlos Ruiz claims his first assist of the season in L.A.'s win last weekend.

TCS SAYS: Help Wanted: Hard-hitting weekly column looking for new favorite player. Previous holder of said position replaced after persistent warnings, as player still decided to get un-greedy and dish out a helper (we don't care if it was a game-winner or it was a day after his wife had a new little minnow). Candidate must have no morals when it comes to shooting anywhere on the field, and consider passes in the penalty area a form of weakness of character.

LOL. I imagine Tino won't send Carlos a Rolex watch.

5. UncleSam527

UncleSam527 Member

Jan 14, 2002
    How about El Diablo's quote, saying that Noel Kenney's referee job was comparable to that in a PlayStation game?

6. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    El Diablo is king of the one liners.

"United is bringing back former Metro and Rapids striker Henry Zambrano."

Things are beyond desperate in DC. Next they'll try to bring back Albright.

Hey Ray - I scored 2 goals this summer - give me a shot at it. What's the worst I can do - not score also?

7. owendylan

owendylan Member

May 30, 2001
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    That quote was better than anything Hudson has said all year.

8. Viking64

Viking64 Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Tarheel State
    Hello, Sony...this is Don Garber. I just received an endorsement offer...

9. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    so in other words Tino just reads the papers like the rest of us and takes their words for gold.

ok.