Bradley: BMG vs Werder Bremen, 1/30 9:30AM EST

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by Lascho, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Dave216J

Dave216J Member

Aug 1, 2001
    DC
    Looks like the goal-scorer would have been offside, but the pass recipient is level (roughly) at the moment the pass is played. Since the eventual goal-scorer gets out of the way, he could be seen as "not interfering", and then behind the ball for the second pass.

Basically, the RB tried to step up, but only was quick enough to catch one of them offside, and the pass went to the other.

2. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  3. MJ-inBRITAIN

MJ-inBRITAIN Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Nottingham, UK
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes that makes a big difference, I couldn't see that they crossed. I like the the nod Bradley got from the goal scorer too, it's always nice when they appreciate their teammates.

Can he speak German yet? wonder if he can do interviews in German?

4. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    1 person likes this.
  5. obewan

obewan New Member

Jul 24, 2005
    NC
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, the BMG keeper didn't look too sharp. Sloppy play to give up the PK, and he was beaten near-post (or possibly between the legs). How did Mike play?

6. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure that's what the AR would say but they both looked off to me. Of course the camer is at midfield so it's not a straight line from the far side back to the attacker

edit: and after seeing the replay fromm the other angle it wasn't even the right back keeping him on, was it?