BPL Round 24: Pain. Otherwise known as Newcastle at Arsenal, 29 Jan [R]

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by tigerdave, Jan 26, 2008.

1. MLisinPA

MLisinPA Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They're toying with us in the 18. Oh and Nicky Butt is 100% useless, he just stands still in the middle when we're in posession.

2. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Skipped over him but it was still a World Class cross.

Dangerous corner for us forces an Alumnia punch and Arsenal are out on the break after it.

Please blow the whistle.

3. bburgarelli

bburgarelli New Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Brazil
    Shit defending right now. Absolute shit.

On the goal, it was a perfect cross, and a perfect header, but I believe Given would have cut the cross, as it was very close to him. But again, it was a very fast, accurate cross. Just like Milner will NEVER be able.

4. bburgarelli

bburgarelli New Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Brazil
    FSC TVU Link is working lovely.

5. MLisinPA

MLisinPA Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The more and more I watch Milner the more and more I begin to agree with this.

6. colinh9

colinh9 New Member

Apr 26, 2003
    NY
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Sure, it was a perfect cross, but its still crap defending.

Butt, useless.
    Duff, useless.
    Smith, useless
    Owen, 99% useless.

Yeah.

7. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006
    WTF? Arsenal just comes in waves. :eek:

BTW, the game is online - I'm watching at my desk in St. Louis

8. tigerdave

tigerdave Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Buhl, Idaho
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mercifully the whistle comes.

The attack has been decent but I'd figure that after 200-odd minutes of playing Arsenal at the Emirates this season we'd learn not to invite them on us. That's what's caused the problems and Butt, Carr, Rozehnal, Cacapa and Taylor have prevented this game from being 3 or 4-nil.

Note to Keegan: Get N'Zogbia the ******** off the pitch and don't put him back on until he learns to play defense. I don't care how well you can run at people, if you're put in to play left play ********ing left back. Don't ********ing watch and walk as your man takes the ball away from you and then streaks down the right flank and deliver the cross to Adebayor. TRACK THE ******** BACK. Absolutely a waste of space in the first half, even Carr looked class compared to his worthless ass. Easily the worst player on the pitch.

9. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    They are watering the pitch even more at the half. Looks like more goals to come.

10. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    *sighs* I'm doing my best to not think about the Keegan Death Watch thread.:(

11. tigerdave

tigerdave Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Buhl, Idaho
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OMG did we just attack?! :confused:

12. mn_toon

mn_toon New Member

Jan 3, 2008
    Crystal, MN
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

What's the link? If you can pass it on that would be great...maybe...I think...if Newcastle comes back...:rolleyes:

13. colinh9

colinh9 New Member

Apr 26, 2003
    NY
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    How do you play Arsenal though? If we try to attack we will needlessly give the ball away through Butt, Duff, Milner, Owen or Smith and then they are so fast they can just counter and tear our defense to shreds. Unfortunately, I just don't think there are any tactics that prevent Arsenal from beating us.

I think its more like; get Duff off the pitch because he is completely worthless in the position he is DESIGNED to play in. While N'zogbia is worthless because he is not a goddamn defender.

14. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006
  15. tigerdave

tigerdave Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Buhl, Idaho
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We can play the high line like we did in the first part of Saturday's game and the first 20 minutes of this game and possibly hold them. We were surely more comfortable in defense. And no, N'Zogbia doesn't get rewarded for not playing the team game. He gets yanked.

What a surprise, Cacapa is forced to play left back because N'Zogbia isn't playing left back like he should be.

And, on comes our resident psychopath. But it shouldn't be for Rozehnal, who should be slotting in at left back. Charlie should be coming off no questions asked. If for no other reason than to prove a point.

16. tigerdave

tigerdave Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Buhl, Idaho
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And N'Zogbia moves forward as we presumably go with three at the back. Cue ruthless slaughter.

17. mn_toon

mn_toon New Member

Jan 3, 2008
    Crystal, MN
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. colinh9

colinh9 New Member

Apr 26, 2003
    NY
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Yes, but I can't see us being able to hold that line for 90 minutes. We switch off too often, or get beaten too easily. Our positioning in almost every position is consistently poor, and we are too easy to pass around for a quality team.

Fine, take Zogs off today, but then don't start Duff over him at LM when its proven that zogs is dangerous going forward and Duff can only win us the occasional throw in in their territory.

To see Barton in our kit is simply embarrassing. He's a thug, and a disgrace as a professional. I don't know how many chances he needs. I don't care how good of a player he is, and he's not all that good, letting a player come back to a team after he has been arrested is setting a very poor standard for the rest of the team.

Has anyone got a count of how many times Owen has been offsides today? It's absolutely pathetic. Has to be near the amount of times Smith has whined to the ref after blatantly fouling the opposition.

19. tigerdave

tigerdave Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Buhl, Idaho
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shola's coming on, presumably for Smith.

20. tigerdave

tigerdave Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Buhl, Idaho
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What the ******** kind of delivery was that from N'Zogbia.

21. tigerdave

tigerdave Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Buhl, Idaho
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bendtner on for Eduardo. Maybe they'll beat the shit out've each other.

EDIT: Too good from Flamini. Nice of Barton to let him have all the time in the world to let loose, though. Is he not allowed to get within 5 yards of someone as part of the bail?

Milner off, Shola on.

22. colinh9

colinh9 New Member

Apr 26, 2003
    NY
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Barton is a joke. I'm a bit behind your feed, so just seeing the goal now.

23. tigerdave

tigerdave Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Buhl, Idaho
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gilberto for Diaby as Arsenal get "defensive." Not like we're going to score twice in the next 12 minutes plus stoppage, we haven't scored against Arsenal in any of the previous 258 minutes at the Emirates this year.

24. tigerdave

tigerdave Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Buhl, Idaho
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bendtner's offside, takes a great ball and sets up Fabregas who stuffs it in the back of the net. Newcastle appears more interested in bitching out the linesman for not calling it rather than looking at themselves for not playing to the whistle.

25. bburgarelli

bburgarelli New Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Brazil
    Great, just great.