Boy was I amazed!

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by KCWiz, Sep 23, 2003.

1. KCWiz

KCWiz New Member

May 8, 2003
    Manhattan, Kansas
    My friend invited me to Monday Night Football in Denver for yesterday. I live in Wichita, Kansas. Anyway, I was sort of excited because the Rapids play at Invesco. I still think college is better than the NFL. Low and behold, we get the Denver newspaper. On the frontpage of the sports section is a story about Garlick and Cannon! I was so excited. Is it like this in other places? I have NEVER seen MLS on the front of a sports page. That is kick ass!

BTW- Garlick is better! :)

2. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA
    you must be dreaming!

3. KoRnNutZ1320

KoRnNutZ1320 Member

Oct 15, 2002
    Garden Grove, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NICE

definetly NOT in LA... i think NE gets the good end of the stick... not sure about anywhere else thuogh...

4. gschroeder

gschroeder Member

Jun 18, 2001
    Thornton, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I've got news for you, it's not like that here either. You just caught them on a good day.

5. nedigital

nedigital Member

Jun 25, 2003
    Mass
    Newspaper coverage

I'm sorry to say that the Revs/MLS don't get front (or back) page coverage here either.

They do have beat writers who cover soccer exclusively, but it's definitely NOT a priority by any means.

6. todda74

todda74 New Member

Nov 4, 2001
    Annapolis
    I guess being in DC I'm spoiled because the Washington Post is pretty good with their soccer coverage.

7. Pisco

Pisco New Member

Aug 26, 1999
    Denver, CO
    I am hoping that with Kronke buying the Rapids the situation will get a lot better. Through his ownership of the Avs and the Nuggets his organization has a very strong relationship with local newsrooms and a great deal more leverage to strong arm the local media for coverage.

Just look at how much airtime/ink his indoor lacrosse team got last season.

8. soccerchick584

soccerchick584 New Member

Jul 28, 2003
    Tennessee
    MLS gets absolutely no recognition here. There was no mention of the WUSA shutting down in my local papers either. That's Tennessee for you I guess.

9. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The WUSA shut down????!?!?!?

:D:D