Bower suffering from "attitude problem."

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Richter Boy, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Richter Boy

Richter Boy New Member

Mar 1, 2000
    Soulard, STL
    Up here in Portland, the hush hush on the QT is very on the down low, but my sources within the Portland Timbers org. inform me that Scott Bower failed to impress much in his time up here. (Is he still with the timbers??)

His attitude left a bit to be desired as he feels "better" than the A-League. He is clearly not- he cannot even complete a pass.

2. Quaker

Quaker Member+

FC Dallas
    Apr 19, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bower was in sweats at the USOC game at Spartan on Wednesday. He's still listed on the Quakes' injured reserve list for some unknown reason. And given our increased depth these days, I don't see him coming off the injured reserve list this season.

3. Naco

Naco Member

Aug 5, 2001
    Trade him off, and good riddance. He looks too much like Carrieri.

Sean

4. QuakeAttack

QuakeAttack Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    California - Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bower deserves to be in the MLS. He was very close to winning a starting spot last year, but Russell played just a little better.

He needs to be given one more chance to come back next year...

5. Richter Boy

Richter Boy New Member

Mar 1, 2000
    Soulard, STL
    Bower sucks. I have done just as much for the MLS as him.

6. jose8lo

jose8lo BigSoccer Yellow Card

Apr 9, 2002
    washington
    I have been saying that all along RB,he just needs to go he's useless in the quakes scheme of playing.He has done nothing for S.J. since he's been here.

7. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    He was instrumental in getting our first win against LA last season. He also had better stats than Ekelund last season, although I think Rikter did as well. He also was decent before that season, and is at least as good as Barclay is now.

I think everyone has Yallop desease, where they think that having a roster of 12 players is plenty to go through a season. Corrales and Robinson both stunk when they first played, but give them playing time and they turned out good. It can happen with Bower as well.

8. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You start the thread with a scurrilous rumor and then later you just come out and say he sucks?

9. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Strangely enough, I have to agree with the spejic. Bower has had a lot of bad luck, I've seen him perform very well.

10. LittleSweetheart

LittleSweetheart New Member

Aug 10, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    I really hope this thread is all a joke.

Scott can be a good player. But you have to give him time to get better first. It's not like he just pulled a muscle. He's been through some serious medical issues this season. Let him get better. And next year he can show you all how good he really is.

11. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    While I agree that it could happen, I think his time is almost up. He's been in "development" for years now.

Ask yourself this question.

If the Quakes were to cut him, what other MLS team would pick him up?

One of the weakest teams in MLS, DC United just sent Brian Namoff to the A-League. Is Bower better then Namoff? That's debatable......

12. Richter Boy

Richter Boy New Member

Mar 1, 2000
    Soulard, STL
    UPDATE:

Bower played 65 minutes last night in the Timbers win over Vancouver. (Roner played the entire game). He looked good and seemed to hustle most of the time. His speed was an asset for sure. He had a hand in setting up a goal, although I doubt he was awarded an assist.

Mckinley Tennyson scored 2 more goals to take over the lead in A league scoring. He was scoreless for the first 11 games of the season. In the last 7 games, he has 13 goals!

13. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So there's hope yet!!

Another example why MLS needs reserve teams, so their developmental and bench players will get some games in.

At least a few of them can get some games in with the A-League.

14. LittleSweetheart

LittleSweetheart New Member

Aug 10, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    I agree with that!!!

Not meaning to attack Jon, but I remember when he was able to get some time with the Seals in 2000. And he was so much better. Not that he's horrible now. But, there's only so much a keeper can accomplish skill wise in training. Being in real game situations is something keepers need to keep them on top of their game. I really wish Jon could get some time with an A-league team.

15. NO1CXPERT

NO1CXPERT New Member

Jul 11, 2001
    R.W.C. baby!!
    it's one of the 'very few' useless no. 9 jerseys i've ever seen. No.9 is supposed to represent the ever-dangerous striker. Please,let's hope we get a well deserved replacement to wear that #.!

16. Quake Crazy

Quake Crazy Member

Jul 19, 2001
    Ceres Califonia
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not just keepers, any player can only improve so much in training, you have to play in games to really improve, ask Landon. As Flashman pointed out that's why MLS needs reserve teams, the quality of play in the league would increase considerably if the new young players were getting more game experience with a reserve side.

17. Naco

Naco Member

Aug 5, 2001
    Timbers

After the Timbers' game last night, the commentators were taklng about how Bower was starting to fit in, as he had done some great flank play on the right wing. Could he be the answer?

Sean

18. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Bower will really have to show something if he wants to stay with the Quakes after this season. No more P-40 protection.

19. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I wish instead of Bower and Russell as our right midfielders we had Sylvain Wiltord.

20. LizAFC

LizAFC New Member

Jun 14, 2000
    San Jose
    Word.

21. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    An attitude such as this is perfectly logical, when you consider all those women at Spartan that are ogling him as they go to get their husbands' beer.