Boswell Out

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by dogball, Aug 27, 2007.

1. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    wow dude you make a post every 2 months and you waste it like that? :confused:

2. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    I was disappointed after reading this headline. I thought Thomas Boswell was gone and that Goff would be filling that space with Soccer!

3. nobletea

nobletea Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 29, 2004
    HarCo
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Excellent, but I can't rep you.

4. JayJay4Pres

JayJay4Pres New Member

May 10, 2003
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bobby Boswell for Attorney General!(why not?)

what a pointless and useless thread...worst "this player sucks we need to replace him" thread ever.

5. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    Sometimes less is more. In dogball's case I'd like to see even less

6. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    You're not, anyway. :)

7. jmsdoc

jmsdoc Member

Jun 25, 2000
    The Valley
    well, every so often I feel strongly about something:p

seriously...it's a ludicrous thread, and our mods. don't seem to care(missing Knave here)

also once every 2 mo. is better than wasting 5-10 posts a day;)

8. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Sometimes it's better to let everyone pile onto a stupid thread title, especially when the post has some merit.

9. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dogball idiot.

10. dogball

dogball New Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Wow your being overly defensive for your "Defensive Player of the Year for 2006" I am now transplanted to the DC area, and a fricking season ticker holder and making my opinion heard. I do agree he is worth more than he is getting get paid, maybe they could allocate some of the Marketing Department towards him and while he sits on the bench he could continue doing his(I mean DCUnited's "BB.com"

Late

dogball
    DC UNITED - USMNT
    "See you in the bike racks after school"

Oh Yeah
    jmsdoc "your a tool"

BBBulldog over 11,000 posts get a life, I am simply saying its time to get rid of the subpar for MLS and US SOCCER. Actually that makes 3 posts in the past two months.

11. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    All right children... every one calm down. Don't make me slap the taste out of all y'all's mouths.

12. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    nice way to introduce yourself, talking shit about one of the barra elders. your post wasn't well thought out. you were trying to take the piss and when you get called on it you get your panties bunched. a young player who has had callup and been the defender of the year isn't something you throw away during a form dip--to say he's a usl quality player calls your credibility into question and makes you look like an ass.

btw--if you slap me sachin you'll likely come away with a broke hand :D:D

13. EdTheRed

EdTheRed Member+

Feb 6, 2001
    Loose On The Town
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Cook Islands
    Dude, were you in the same English class as Ms. Jr. South Carolina? :confused:

14. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    it was ment for dopey original post :D

While we're at it lets drop Gomez, he hasn't played good in a while and we need better AM.

15. dogball

dogball New Member

Aug 15, 2006
    :rolleyes: OK Bobby

Boswell is a Sub Player.

dogball
    DC United - USMNT
    Your Mama is on the top of my things to do list.

16. nobletea

nobletea Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 29, 2004
    HarCo
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Grammar is a tool for life.

Your Mama was on the top of mine, but everyone underneath was crushed to death.

Sorry Sachin, I was feeling combative. I'll stop.

17. EdTheRed

EdTheRed Member+

Feb 6, 2001
    Loose On The Town
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Cook Islands
    Okay, you start with "I agree on the assessment of Boswell," well, which assessment? There have been many. If you start a thread by saying that you agree with an assessment, it's useful to actually cite the assessment that you're agreeing with.
    Actually, he is in the USMNT player pool...and even if he's hasn't been called up recently (which he actually has), since when does your national team playing status determine whether or not you are a "second rate" defender? It's quite possible for a player to be a solid MLS starter and never get called up. Additionally, it's quite rare for a second rate player to make the MLS First XI and be named Defender of the Year. If Bobby is second rate, what the hell does that make someone like Hunter Freeman? Fifth rate? (don't answer that - he is).
    Well, yes, he certainly could start for any USL team or the LA Galaxy. He hasn't been starting for DC United recently, however, due to a dip in form. Of course, the fact that he while he hasn't been starting the team has maintained a stellar defensive record with the central tandem of McTavish and Vanney would certainly indicate that we most certainly *don't* need "a stronger CB". When you've got a strong central tandem, and last year's defender of the year - who only takes up $30,000/yr. in cap room - coming off the bench, I'd say you're pretty well set at central defender. Why on earth would you screw with that?

Um, yes?

I seriously don't know if this next post is English, but I'll take a stab at editing it into a semblance of coherence:
    Actually, the Galaxy finished ninth overall in the league in 2005, made the playoffs because of MLS' bizarre rules, and rode a streaking Donovan to the Cup. They finished 2006 with only six fewer points than 2005. But that's a bit beside the point - they're a team, not an individual player, and their dip in 2006 didn't make their 2005 title any less real.
    He was called up for this summer's Copa America. How is that not "in the picture"? It was only a couple of months ago; is your attention span really that short?
    As I have already explained, we have two starting center backs, and they've been fantastic. Why is having Bobby coming off the bench (at $30K a year) a bad thing? Who in MLS has a better center back option on the bench?

Yes, and people are disagreeing with you, and are not appreciative of your tone. You stated a controversial opinion; even if there is some basis to it (which is not really clear from your initial post, but assuming it's there), why would it surprise you if people are riled up by your opinion? More importantly, your opinion was so poorly supported that some people, who don't know you, clearly thought you were trolling.
    See, this is the kind of gratuitous cheap shot that makes people take offense at your posts. Way to slag a guy who's played his heart out for the team, done very well, gets paid next to nothing, and has hit a dip in form. We're being "overly defensive"? I'd say you're being "overly offensive."

Um, yeah.

BBBulldog shits guys like you after he drinks his coffee every morning. He doesn't need my help on this.
    As I pointed out above, um, he's already been replaced in the starting lineup due to a string of subpar performances. Can you name a better backup, with a higher upside, at a lower salary? And if you want to discuss whether Boswell should be dropped from the USMNT player pool, well mosy on over to USMNT N&A...I'm sure you'll find a few thousand people who agree with you...but that really doesn't mean shit here in the DC forum, since a good number of people here don't really give a crap about the USMNT (not me, though - I love the underachieving bastards).
    And such fine posts the were! Please don't deprive us of your insight in the future!

Yes, yes he is currently a substitute player. Thank you for letting us know - I was wondering where he'd been lately.

Ooooh, "mama" smack! I guess if you really want to "do" someone who's been dead for 19 years, I'm not going to try to stop your crazy ass.

18. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    I'm glad that Sardine doesn't work for my company - now that's something that I don't want to see in the morning!