Boston Breakers at Sky Blue FC - May 31st - 6:00pm

Discussion in 'Boston Breakers' started by REVS FAN 1, May 21, 2009.

1. angel3

angel3 New Member

Aug 6, 2008
    That was a cross. She signaled that it was a good cross.

2. angel3

angel3 New Member

Aug 6, 2008
    A. ARod wasn't great. Her sub was worse.

B. If you meant on the goals scored, there was no offside. Alex Scot kept the attackers on.

C. Hucles was great last game, she was decent this game, it was the other team who did better.

D. ?

E. It wasn't the speed, it was the tactics. If you play both outside backs high, you''ll get caught from time to time.

F. The mid field is not bad. I still believe Hucles is good as def mid. Smith is fanstatic as att. mid. It's Lily and Bishop, they can't do both. Lily is better off as a forward. She can't play defense. Bishop can't play offense.
    Maybe Boston should switch to a 4-3-3 with Hucles and Bishop as def mid, Smith as att. mid. Move Lily up top with 2 other forwards.

3. pasoccerdad

pasoccerdad Member

Mar 17, 2008
    KOP
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Flag should have been up on White's goal, Kai was too close to the play and completely offsides... even though she did not touch the ball, she did gain an advantage by her positioning and closeness to the play

4. angel3

angel3 New Member

Aug 6, 2008
    That was completely wrong. Kai was not involved in the play.

5. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kai was on for her goal (Scott kept her on) and Kacey was on for her goal. Both Boston outside backs seem to have trouble adjusting to playing on the left.

Arsenal represent.

6. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    She must have become a fan of Paul Pierce.

7. A Fan

A Fan New Member

Aug 15, 1999
    It's A+K. That's what Kelly's signal made. What that means, I'll leave to your imagination. Clearly none of you live in the New Brunswick (NJ) hood like me ;-)

None of you guys have commented on the funniest halftime contest ever, I'm very hurt!

8. pasoccerdad

pasoccerdad Member

Mar 17, 2008
    KOP
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OOOOHHHH That was so wrong on so many levels.... I was so tempted to thow my tennis balls at them.... I knew I could get at least one.... Luckily my daughter stopped me from doing so.... If I had more than two...(next time I am buying 10)

Now there is a halftime act - dodge the balls being flung from the crowd - last one not to be hit wins (I want credit if they use it)

9. moog

moog Member

Mar 2, 2003
    eastern PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    C'mon, you should've been down there with them. Old white guys bustin' moves? You coulda' been a contender!

I personally thought number 1 showed the most versatility, 2 had the stones to do the worm, 3 was pretty useless, and 4 struck the best opening pose. By the way, who won?

10. pasoccerdad

pasoccerdad Member

Mar 17, 2008
    KOP
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am not old, I have better moves than them.... the prize has to worth it

11. moog

moog Member

Mar 2, 2003
    eastern PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    You're not exactly younger than those guys--and somehow I doubt hip-hop's your favorite music. And if you have better moves, I'll make sure to sign you up at the next game.

12. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, so for those of us not at the game who didn't see the half time show, do tell. A breakdancing contest or something?

13. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They brought 4 guys to midfield and they "danced" One guy attempted to breakdance..It looked more like a seizure.. He lost.

They asked the "fans" to vote via text message for their favorite...

Sadly, the crowd made more noise for these clowns than they did for the match...

For the record #1 "won"

They also were asking for texts for player of the match and trivia questions...They must have a deal with Verizon or something.

Somhow Jen Branham won player of the match! :p

14. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the info. That sounds even more dire than one I suffered through at a bball game this past season. Several people in inflated animal suites (well, think giant weeble wobbles w/ animal faces) w/ names like "Mia Hammster" (I've forgotten the other two but sports figures whose names would easily work w/ whatever animal suite they had). These things would then "dance" & pop&lock & grind & other questionable things to extra loud music. Horrific.

15. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I've seen that group at least four times at college basketball games. Sometimes they wear different inflatable suits. It gets old really quick though. They are rarely synchronized and they have limited moves. The silly string ends up annoying quite a few people. I think they were on America's Got Talent too.

16. Ben James Ben

Ben James Ben Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Those are the ZOOperstars. http://www.zooperstars.com/

17. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep. That's them. shudders The Mackerel Jordan thing "ate" a guy planted in the crowd, too. My friend and I were just glad that the child that usually sat near us who is absolutely terrified of mascots did not come to that game. shudders Apparently, I haven't blocked out as much of that show as I'd hoped.