Bosnian Youngsters - U21, U19, U17 + Talents

Discussion in 'Bosnia & Herzegovina' started by Vitez, Aug 8, 2011.

1. New Era

New Era Member

Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Sep 9, 2020
  2. New Era

New Era Member

Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Sep 9, 2020
    FT: BiH 3-2 Belgium.

A fine result. Despite missing Demirovic, Hasic, Dedic, Gazibegovic, Kovacevic, Serbecic, Danilovic and Sabanadzovic, Bosnia out-thought Belgium in this game and could have won by a greater margin had substitute Salcin not missed an excellent late chance at 3-1, and Belgium not been gifted a soft ninetieth minute spot-kick duly converted by Amuzu.

Dujmovic, Lukic, Resic, Savic and Kovac were outstanding for BiH.

One Belgian name to watch for the future: De Ketelaere of Club Brugge, who looks like an anime character and put in consistently excellent corners.

BosanskiRambo, Sudžuka and Zvornik repped this.
  3. New Era

New Era Member

Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Sep 9, 2020
    The big lesson for the BiH 'A' team: (i) stop defending moronically deep and gifting possession to the other side; and (ii) actually have a counter-attacking plan, not just a defending plan. Under both Marinovic and Starcevic, the U21s make sure to step up the field and always have 2-3 players in the middle of the park. It's not that hard...

Sudžuka and Zvornik repped this.
  4. Zvornik

Zvornik Member

Jun 30, 2015
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Thanks for the recap! I saw 2-1 and was sure we’d blow it but good to see they closed it out. Makes those points dropped to Moldova all the more head scratching. Excited to see what the future for Savić and Kovač hold, both getting solid play time in Serbia as is Resić.

New Era and Sudžuka repped this.
  5. Young Zmaj

Young Zmaj Member

Juventus
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 7, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Great result missing 5-6 of our best players.

Sudžuka repped this.
  6. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    This is all good and fun but where was that fighting spirit in previous games?? This is the same team that couldn't beat Moldova away..

7. Young Zmaj

Young Zmaj Member

Juventus
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 7, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Stefan Kovać is wanted by Dinamo Zagreb. Seems like he has good potential.

New Era repped this.
  8. New Era

New Era Member

Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Sep 9, 2020
    He's headed for great things if he keeps on this trajectory. Serious talent.

9. BosanskiRambo

BosanskiRambo Member+

Manchester City
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Jun 4, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Didnt he play for the Serbia u-19’s a few months back. I could have swore he switched

10. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    i couldn't find a record of it, maybe it was another stefan kovac. he was born in serbia though

11. Zvornik

Zvornik Member

Jun 30, 2015
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    He was called up to the Serbian youth team last year and didn't show up. There was talk about how his dad signed some contract with the Bosnian FA to guarantee that he could only play for Bosnia in 2015 and the Serbian selektor also said this. His dad said it was not true and that he doesn't get mixed up in his sons career.

His mom is from Serbia, dad from Foca but has lived in Serbia for 35 years and Kovac was born in Belgrade. It is interesting that he didn't show for whatever reason, maybe he was worried about the reaction towards him for turning down the call up.

Sudžuka repped this.
  12. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    just found it, if anyone is interested. doesn't go into the contract conspiracy

https://sport1.oslobodjenje.ba/repr...rbija-ali-ja-sam-iz-bih-ovdje-pripadam/205570

13. Zvornik

Zvornik Member

Jun 30, 2015
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Sudžuka repped this.
  14. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    oh shit...my bad, they're all just a blur these days

15. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    Unfortunately, the political situation, past history in our country as well as past and recent cases (Vranjes, Pandza, Simunovic, Gacinovic) have taught us all that very few non-Bosniak youngsters can really be trusted not to go full chetnik or full ustase on us at some point. I would even say I personally to some extent respect more the ones that are at least honest from the get-go about where their allegiance actually lies such as Luka Jovic.

16. BosanskiRambo

BosanskiRambo Member+

Manchester City
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Jun 4, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
  17. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    In the end he will likely pick Serbia, that's usually how it goes ^^

18. New Era

New Era Member

Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Sep 9, 2020
    Huh? It's almost unheard of for any player who came through the BiH youth system to switch nationalities. Off the top of my head, there are only two I can think of: former HNK Rijeka defender Dario Zuparic (to Croatia), and Mijat Gacinovic (to Serbia) – and neither of them were born in Bosnia.

Sudžuka and Zvornik repped this.
  19. Zvornik

Zvornik Member

Jun 30, 2015
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    You guys are pathetic. Seriously. Either you piss and moan about minority players not picking Bosnia, switching from Bosnia, or my favorite, not being patriotic enough for Bosnia even though they are playing for the national team. It is always something. And the best part, no matter what happens it is always unquestionably the players fault. In no way shape or form could anything else be the matter like the Savez not even reaching out to them or randomly don't invite them (Menalo). Actually the best part is trying to find obscure ways that they could secretly be harboring favoritism for Croatia/Serbia.

I remember someone saw Cimirot in a shirt, not a jersey, regular t shirt that said Serbia on it and everyone lost their shit. Danilovic was apparently quoted on some obscure website saying he'd play for Serbia but why question this obscure website when you just want to believe some kid who has played for only Bosnia his whole life and publicizes his want to play for Bosnia is just some secret "ceto." Or even when someone unearthed comments about Sunjic with Zrinjski saying he was champion of a shitty country. Guess what? He was born in Bosnia and lived there most of his life, he can call Bosnia shitty just like all the people leaving it do.

The piece de resistance is coming back to why don't more Serbs and Croats want to play for Bosnia? Do you think Cimirot, Danilovic, Krunic, Sunjic, Menalo, etc all enjoy being put under this unnecessary microscope? Media lurking on every corner waiting for them to say something about Croatia/Serbia so they can throw red meat to you guys here. Pathetic honestly.

/rant

New Era and Young Zmaj repped this.
  20. Zvornik

Zvornik Member

Jun 30, 2015
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Doesn't fit the narrative of all Bosnian Serbs/Croats secretly hate Bosnia. Simunovic was also born in Croatia and played for their youth teams, realized he only switched because he was pissed Croatia wasn't calling him up. Jovic also was just born in Bijeljina and was in Belgrade a second later so that isn't really a case of Bosnia losing out on a player either.

We won't get all the Bosnian Serb/Croat players, no one is saying we will, but if the Savez does a better job of bringing these players in to the youth system it generally makes it a lot harder to leave. Kovac might also turn out to be proof of this as he was born in Belgrade but has been in our youth system for forever. It looks like he turned down that Serbia call up. Might accept one in the future but definitely turned that one down.

New Era repped this.
  21. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    I kinda hate Bosnia too sometimes :coffee:.

Especially when you go to a cevapcinica, they bring out the food and the lepina dwarfs the plate, but when you open it open, the cevape are tiny and there is barely any onion inside. Why do they always skimp on the onions too, you'd think they would instead use it as filler.

Zvornik repped this.
  22. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    #8022 BIHfan, Nov 21, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
    I'm not moaning about anything, I welcome non-Bosniaks in the national team as long as they ACTUALLY care about Bosnia and feel Bosnian which as we saw in the past is often not the case. Simply playing for the national team doesn't make one patriotic when we know for a fact that some of those players are only playing or only played for Bosnia because they weren't good enough to feature for Croatia (Mirko Hrgovic and Ivan Radeljic come to mind) or Serbia (Branimir Bajic). Some of them even came out publicly to admit it. The FA is also to blame but ultimately the FA is not the one who told Ognjen Vranjes to get a tattoo of a genocidal entity (should have been immediately and permanently banned when that happened) and that of a chetnik leader which FINALLY got him banned. The FA is also not the one who told Boris Pandza to show support for war criminal Praljak on social media or for Nemanja Supic to do the same with Mladic after they both retired from the national team. There are many other similar examples. It's unacceptable for anyone playing for the national team to have not so subtle fascist outbursts like that and for it to go unpunished because we are weak. Nowhere else in the world do players who support fascism and war criminals get rewarded by featuring again in the starting 11 or in a national team game after that happens. Absolutely nowhere. We don't make any progress partially because of stupid shit like that.

As for Sunjic, he didn't actually say that, he said: "Cestitam na titulu nepostojece drzave" which is MUCH worse than what you said. That makes him look like a moron because he is playing for that "fake country" and that alone should have earned him a permanent ban from featuring in the national team which of course didn't happen because our FA constantly rewards bad behavior and is then caught with their pants down later on. We are extremely weak and those players exploit that weakness while laughing behind our backs at our tolerance which we see as virtue.

Finally, I don't recall any media desperately waiting and lurking in the shadows for the likes of Cimirot, Danilovic, Krunic, Sunjic, Menalo, etc. to say something about Croatia and Serbia. If you can find me clear proof of that, that would be nice. With that being said, the scrutiny is unfortunate but it is necessary because the fact of the matter is, over the years we've been burned often enough to the point where yes unfortunately we sometimes have to question a player's real intentions. It's unfortunate, it's sad but it's necessary so we don't look like morons over and over again. Have you already forgotten all the interviews Ognjen Vranjes gave over the years in which he professed his love for Bosnia? Because I haven't...

BosanskiRambo repped this.
  23. miske10

miske10 Member

Nov 24, 2010
    Club:
    FK Sarajevo
    In the age of social media, so much is out in the open and it's difficult to be some secret nationalist. There is no serious danger of a player being an open nationalist and remaining in our national team. If there were such danger, we'd see those players in our current call ups.

I don't agree with saying certain groups of players can't be trusted because it's a non-inclusive framing that is completely insultive and spits in the face of players like Misimovic.

If you really believe that "very few" non-Bosniaks can be trusted then you should be looking to support a separatist national team, one that only has those groups of people you can trust. And if you're going to have a separatist national team, it's only fair and logical that other ethnic groups have their own separatist national team as well.

Would it make sense if I said that there's "very few," say, potential pedophiles that can trusted and then for me to say that I welcome some of them to my neighborhood? No, it would be a trivial contradiction.

If a player sweats for 90 minutes for our country, that's one good indicator that he belongs on our national team.

Zvornik repped this.
  24. Zvornik

Zvornik Member

Jun 30, 2015
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    So you think these players give up their free time for what exactly? To play just for shits and giggles for free for a country they hate? This type of attitude that you have is the problem. They don't have to prove anything to you or anyone else to deserve not being put under your microscope. You ask for evidence, yet you have none but Vranjes who went off the deep end and a few other (fringe) national team players with 10/20/29 caps. You also fail to grasp that people who grow up in RS aren't taught that it is a genocidal entity so it makes sense that they wouldn't believe it was that big of a deal to get a tattoo of it. That is something that you have to understand. Getting the Mihailovic tattoo was inexcusable and he was booted. However, what about all the others that didn't do this? Do you just secretly suspect all of them share this same thought? Don't be ridiculous. There is a reason you didn't list all the Bosnian Serb and Croatian players that played... You claim to root for a multi ethnic country yet single out minorities because they don't fit your criteria of patriotism. I also failed to see in your examples about Sehic praising Anwar al-Awlaki on his instagram(don't have instagram so I can't link it), does that deserve him a full ban from the national team or is that ok because he is part of the majority and he just made a mistake? Give me a freaking break with this double standard bs. If you can link me that quote on Sunjic I'll change my mind but I don't remember his celebrating the Zrinjski title with that.

Its not on me to provide evidence because I am not providing the asinine comments and hot takes like you are about secret cetos and ustase based on nothing but how you feel they need to feel about Bosnia. And by media, I should've clarified, meaning people who are just searching for anything to prove some opinion like yours that everyone who isn't Bosniak is somehow against the country. Maybe email the FA and get them to set up a patriotic fraud committee because you think minorities deserve more scrutiny. I still can't believe how ridiculous this sounds yet you think it is necessary.

25. Zvornik

Zvornik Member

Jun 30, 2015
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Throwing another controversial post out there... Sarajevske or Banjalucke cevape?