Borussia Dortmund 2014-15 General Discussion Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by chewz, Jun 24, 2014.

?

How Will Borussia Dortmund Fare In The 2014-15 Bundesliga Season?

1. We will win the title comfortably!

12.3%
  2. We will sneak in and steal the title under Pep's nose

20.0%
  3. We will finish second, narrowly behind Bayern Munich

9.2%
  4. We will finish second a large margin away from Munich

13.8%
  5. We will finish second, but Bayern ain't winning the title this year... uhm okay, whatever you say.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. We will finish third, still a CL spot

6.2%
  7. We will finish fourth, having to go through a CL play-off fixture

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. We will finish fifth or sixth, ok Europa League is still better than no Europe matches I guess

7.7%
  9. We will finish between seventh and ninth, top half of the table at least...

6.2%
  10. We will finish between tenth and thirteenth, wait this is the bottom half of the table...

1.5%
  11. We will finish fourteenth or fifteenth, how badly did we do to be in a regulation battle?

1.5%
  12. We will finish sixteenth, we're in the regulation playoff with some second division squad,Seriously?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. We will finish seventeenth or eighteenth, (relegation) how the f*ck did we end up here?

15.4%
  14. Don't know, don't care, just let the season start already

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. Just finish above Schalke

6.2%
  1. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So what does everybody think about Kevin Kampl? He's a bit like Mkhitaryan so far except Miki has played to impress the fans while Kampl has played to impress the coach.

2. Gundogan92

Gundogan92 Member+

Apr 13, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I think he is psychologically much stronger, has less pressure and more time to adjust and show his true value. I think he'll do well. He also fits Klopp's game perfectly and will be used in his preferred role. I don't expect to see the best of him until next season, but I think this transfer will turn out to be a successful one, unlike Miki.

Vlad S. repped this.
  3. RomárioBVB

RomárioBVB Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Sorry mate, I think we both misunderstood each other here. I didn't mean Dortmund being in Pot 1 for next season (as I don't think we'll be in the CL anyways now, barring a miracle), I meant being in the EL next year could help us keep boosting our coefficients so that we can eventually become a Pot 1 side the year after as opposed to missing out on Europe completely which would leave us behind other clubs who are playing continental football and we could risk falling back to Pot 3 in the process. I did forget about that format change though so my point was irrelevant anyways, just thought I'd clear it up as it seemed like we misunderstood each other at first. ;)

Berchtesgaden repped this.
  4. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Your coefficient can suck but if you top the league you are automatically a pot 1 team.

5. z0mb1e

z0mb1e Member

May 31, 2007
    Twilight Zone
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    #1430 z0mb1e, Feb 23, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
    Subs(CC) option appears when video starts playing on lower right:

:thumbsup:

bvbSlash and Vlad S. repped this.
  6. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    ^^^thanks Puma.

7. Berchtesgaden

Berchtesgaden Member+

May 18, 2011
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    New York Times article on BVB

For Dortmund, a Dramatic Fall, but Not From Grace

DORTMUND, Germany — The home fans poured over the bridge from the city center toward Westfalenstadion, a wave of black coats and hooped scarves crashing into sausage shacks and beer kiosks. Finally, they arrived at the famed Südtribüne, the terraced stand at the south end of the stadium, which rises like a tilted baking sheet and clumps together some 25,000 spectators in what is known throughout soccer as the Yellow Wall.

The singing and chanting started in earnest when Borussia Dortmund’s goalkeepers appeared for their pregame warm-ups (an event generally greeted elsewhere with ambivalence, if not complete ignorance). The stadium was in full throat by kickoff, the 80,000 fans, led by the Yellow Wall, shrieking and shouting as if this were a World Cup final instead of a league game against Mainz, a middling team from western Germany. They sang “You’ll Never Walk Alone.” They sang things far less polite..........

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/23/s...-fall-but-not-from-grace.html?ref=sports&_r=1

Liquid1010 repped this.
  8. Vlad S.

Vlad S. Member+

May 6, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  9. Sarcasm Bot

Sarcasm Bot Member+

Nov 4, 2014
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    should not have brandished a bvb scarf maybe?

Either way, the fans are SAWFT as ********.

Vlad S. repped this.
  10. Vlad S.

Vlad S. Member+

May 6, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    In the video she actually didn't do much "brandishing"; a random fan gave her the scarf, and she got startled and hurried it out of sight.

11. Sarcasm Bot

Sarcasm Bot Member+

Nov 4, 2014
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    owell then, dumb fans gonna dumb.

Liquid1010 repped this.
  12. DortmundXXX

DortmundXXX Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    What on earth is wrong with our defense? I didn't watch the whole match but only the highlights and during the 2nd half I shat my pants everytime Juve had the ball. Why are we not solid?!

13. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Were we wrong to loan out Hofmann? He could have provided superior attacking depth compared to Mkhitaryan and Großkreutz, both of whom have seen significant playing time for pedestrian contributions.

14. Jurgen Harbour Master

Dec 4, 2014
    Australia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nah good on the Bayern consumers for showing some passion...u could hear a bloody pin drop at the Allianz on some nights (which is why they hand out the plastic calipers at the gates)
    :p

chewz, Vlad S. and bvbSlash repped this.
  15. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That's a rhetoric question, right?

16. Gundogan92

Gundogan92 Member+

Apr 13, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Kampl and Sokratis are doubtful for the derby, it looks better for Subotic.
    Kagawa will train away from the team today.
    Klopp: „The preperation basically starts for Erik Durm now who was either injured or ill in 2015 so far.“

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...borussia-dortmunds-mainz-loanee-jonas-hofmann

With Hofmann in the side, Mainz averaged 1.7 points per game and coincidentally 1.7 goals per game as well, yet when the young talent was on the injury table that dropped to 0.86 points per game and 1.26 goals per game.
    This was most notable at the start of the season when Hjulmand's side went undefeated in their first eight games of the league campaign, in which Hofmann started and played throughout in all but two. The German then ruptured a knee ligament and missed the next 12 games—a run of matches which Mainz only saw one win from.

z0mb1e repped this.
  17. Zarastro

Zarastro Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    A press conference scheduled Thursday had to be postponed due to the discovery of an World War II bomb near the Signal-Iduna-Park.

Attached Files:

bumbleBeeVB repped this.
  18. bumbleBeeVB

bumbleBeeVB Member+

Aug 6, 2014
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The stadium was fully within the blast radius... why didnt this happen in Gelsenkirchen instead

19. Zarastro

Zarastro Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Oh don't worry, there are probably plenty of unexploded bombs left in Gelsenkirchen (just in any German town). Dortmund as part of the Ruhr Valley (the former industrial heart of Germany) was hit pretty badly during the bomb raids (my home town Essen arguably got it even worse) so this is nothing unusual. Honestly in these days the main danger lies not in finding those things but defusing them. German experts are (reasonably under those circumstances) the world's leading experts when it come to defusing WWII ordance, but due to the ravages of times those things have become highly unstable which makes it difficult to defuse sometimes. Which is why they are often forcefully blown up (with spectacular results as seen here)

cortisoljunkie and Gundogan92 repped this.
  20. Jurgen Harbour Master

Dec 4, 2014
    Australia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Easy to say in hindsight. The expectations were pretty high at the start. Who could have foreseen such a disastrous season. Hoffmans been looking good

21. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Ruhrderby is imminent, and no matchday thread?! C'mon @chewz ! I've got a good bit of banter image on standby :thumbsup::sneaky:

22. Gundogan92

Gundogan92 Member+

Apr 13, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
  23. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Just got up, I have lecture but give me 2-4 hours and it should be up

Vlad S. repped this.
  24. bumbleBeeVB

bumbleBeeVB Member+

Aug 6, 2014
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so weve moved up to 9th for the time being, but if eintracht gets any points from hamburg we drop to 10th.
    also weve reached 0 goal difference

chewz repped this.