Boruc to Celtic

Discussion in 'Poland' started by Sopot26, Jun 30, 2005.

1. Sopot26

Sopot26 New Member

Oct 2, 2001
    Sopot - Chicago
    Any news about this rumor?

2. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Celtic fans seem to think its either going to be Boruc or Neimi(?) from Finland, but Boruc is much less expensive. The question is whether Legia will give up on one on their leaders and a fan favorite.

3. Sopot26

Sopot26 New Member

Oct 2, 2001
    Sopot - Chicago
    Polish Radio 1080 am has reported that Boruc is in Glasgow today.

4. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Bramkarz Legii Warszawa Artur Boruc dzisiaj zamelduje się w Glasgow. Polak ustalił już warunki indywidualnego kontraktu z Celtic FC i teraz z wicemistrzami Szkocji musi dogadać się Legia - informuje "Przegląd Sportowy". Warszawski klub chce za swojego bramkarza ok. 1 mln euro.
    Według serwisu legialive.pl oficjalna oferta z Celtic FC wpłynęła do Legii w poniedziałek. Celtic zainteresowany jest ponoć rocznym wypożyczeniem z opcją pierwokupu. Boruca obowiązuje kontrakt z Legią do końca czerwca 2007 roku.
    gazeta.pl

5. scibiorski

scibiorski New Member

Aug 26, 2001
    Boston
    Supposedly its a done deal - a year-long loan with right of refusal on purchase - loan somewhere around 750,000 pounds - supposedly boruc is staying in london at the Celtic training camp. Good for him and hopefully us -- besides Legia beats Bayer Leverkusen in Warsaw 2:! and will play Bayern Munich in August in Warsaw as well.

6. Sopot26

Sopot26 New Member

Oct 2, 2001
    Sopot - Chicago
    Thanks for the info.

7. Sopot26

Sopot26 New Member

Oct 2, 2001
    Sopot - Chicago
  8. Sopot26

Sopot26 New Member

Oct 2, 2001
    Sopot - Chicago
    http://sport.scotsman.com/topics.cfm?tid=829&id=1071442005

Celtic can be springboard to World Cup for Boruc

ANGUS WRIGHT

CELTIC'S new goalkeeper Artur Boruc has outlined his determination to oust Jerzy Dudek from the Poland team in time for the World Cup finals.

Boruc completed his move to Parkhead yesterday when the Legia Warsaw No1 sealed a 12-month loan deal with the option of a longer contract. He believes the move to Scotland will help put pressure on Dudek, who was Liverpool's hero in last season's Champions League final when he made the penalty shoot-out saves to defeat AC Milan.

Poland are top of qualifying Group 6, two points ahead of England having played a game more, and Dudek is a superstar back home, but Boruc is undaunted. He said: "One of the reasons I signed was that it gives me a big chance to be the first-choice goalkeeper in our national team. If I play over here then Jerzy Dudek will have a little problem over in Liverpool. I want to be the first-choice goalkeeper for the national team so I will do all I can to make that happen."

Dudek's penalty shoot-out saves in Istanbul went a long way to erasing memories of some costly errors for Liverpool. His 'wobbly-legs' routine appeared to distract Milan's takers, and helped Liverpool complete their dramatic turnaround of the final in which they trailed 3-0 at half-time.

Boruc insisted: "I don't do such things. It is not my style. I want to be Boruc, not Dudek."

Boruc joins fellow countryman Maciej Zurawski at Celtic, with the striker having joined from Wisla Krakow in a £2million deal last week.

Boruc, 25, who will contest the No1 jersey with Scotland international David Marshall, may only have joined on a year-long loan, but Celtic have an exclusive option to make the move permanent afterwards - a facility they did not have when borrowing Craig Bellamy from Newcastle last season.

9. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Celtic seal permanent deal for keeper Boruc

Celtic have signed goalkeeper Artur Boruc on a permanent deal from Legia Warsaw.

The 25-year-old joined the Hoops on a season-long loan in the summer.

But the Poland international has now put pen to paper on a three-and-a-half year deal with an option for a further 12 months, which will keep him at Celtic Park until at least 2009.

Boruc has made a major impact for the Hoops this season after usurping David Marshall in the first team.

The 20-year-old Scotland international conceded nine goals in the first two competitive matches of the season - against Artmedia Bratislava and Motherwell.

He paid the price and Boruc made his debut on August 2, keeping a clean sheet in the 4-0 Champions League second qualifying round, second leg win over the Slovakian side.

Poland international Boruc has maintained his position in the team since then and also played for his country in the World Cup qualifying defeat by England at Old Trafford last week.

The form of Boruc had not gone unnoticed elsewhere with Arsenal reportedly keen to speak to the keeper.

But the Pole has now committed himself to the Bank of Scotland Premier League side for the foreseeable future.
    soccernet.com

10. Bialagwiazda21

Bialagwiazda21 New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    Scottsdale AZ
    Good move for Boruc. He is still young for a goal keeper (25) so he still has time to go to clubs like Arsenal, MU etc. Right now he needs to play to get more experience and get ready for WC 2006, where he should be one of Poland's strongest players on the pitch.

11. Legia_az_do_smierci

Legia_az_do_smierci New Member

Jan 30, 2005
    Warsaw, Poland
    does anybody have any sure info on the price?

12. Bialagwiazda21

Bialagwiazda21 New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    Scottsdale AZ
    I think Legia was payed about 1.5 million Euro which is a steal for Celtic given the class gaolkeeper Borus is. On Fox Sports Report they showed highlights of his saves against England on "Saves of the Week". They were even more impressive watching them the second time around.

But hey, 1.5 mil is pretty good for a Polish player directly from our sub-par league.

13. celtic76

celtic76 Member

Aug 30, 2001
    WI USA
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Hail Hail

I would like to say thank you for developing a fantastic keeper, and he's only 25! He plays like he 35, he is completly in control in the back and voices his displeasure at his back line when they screw things up. It is so great to have a keeper where we do not have to hold are breath every time there is a shot on goal. A commanding presence in the box and pk stopper i think Boruc can go on to become one of Celtic's greatest keepers up there with Ronnie Simpson.

Hail Hail