borgetti to bolton?

Discussion in 'Bolton Wanderers' started by firefan12, Jul 13, 2005.

1. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    There were also quotes (including complaints from the Bolton boss) and links saying it wasn't happening and there were problems and even saying he had signed with a team in Saudi Arabia.. I was just speaking from experience of the past from English transfers and saying it's not done 'til it's done no matter who says what including players, owners and anyone.. I think many understand that..Sometimes better situations and deals even appear at the last moment and everything changes.
    Today it appears better however: :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/bolton_wanderers/4699317.stm

2. BEASLEYMYBOY11

BEASLEYMYBOY11 New Member

Jul 21, 2005
    INDIANA

I hear ya...never too sure about nething till its official. No prob. Did you see my post about EJ after you asked about the toe lol :cool:

3. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    LOL.. You're likely correct that it won't help my team if he comes back but I still want it!! ;)

4. royalstilton

royalstilton Member

Aug 2, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fox Sports is reporting that Borghetti has signed with that Saudi club.

Curses, foiled again.

5. BEASLEYMYBOY11

Jul 21, 2005
    INDIANA
  6. BEASLEYMYBOY11

Jul 21, 2005
    INDIANA
    this whole thing is so confusing
    who knows what is true and wahts not

7. royalstilton

royalstilton Member

Aug 2, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. BEASLEYMYBOY11

Jul 21, 2005
    INDIANA
    i understand...but if its fox sports both times how could they write that he has signed already and then change their story on TV

9. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    Because nobody really knows.. Last night I also heard on Fox Soccer that they believed he was headed to Saudi Arabia but today's reports from England make it appear more likely that he will end up with Bolton..
    But as stated before: IT AIN'T OVER 'TIL IT"S OVER.! ;)

10. BEASLEYMYBOY11

Jul 21, 2005
    INDIANA

thats true....its kinda crazy of them to put that information out there before nething has happened

11. Thunderbird

Thunderbird New Member

Jul 5, 2002
    Los Angeles
    He's going to bolton, unless some so-called agent of his wants to play for the Saudis...aparently these people in South/central america claim to be reps of some players then claim deals are done...con artists..

trust me he signing for Bolton as we speak. he has made it a point that he wants to play in Premiership

12. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    I saw televisa deportes yesterday and they went along with borghetti to england. He visited the stadium which eventually be his new home. It was funny because a fan went up to him asking him how many goals he was going to make. And he didn't understand :D Borgetti just smiled and kept walking.

13. chiva13

chiva13 New Member

Jun 14, 2005
    Fayetteville, AR. US
    He's with bolton, he got the number 18!

14. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He's not signed yet.

15. Nixon

Nixon New Member

May 23, 2005
    Manchester
    Yer, dont speak too soon either these things can fall through. Also doubt he'll get 18 thats nickys number dont know if he'll be too keen to give it up

16. El Cabrito

El Cabrito Member

Dec 22, 2002
    Ca
  17. chiva13

chiva13 New Member

Jun 14, 2005
    Fayetteville, AR. US
    go to http://www.esmas.com/deportes/
    click on "Noticiero TD" and watch it its 3 mins in to the clip, but you can see him in the locker room, and with the guys that takes care of the uniforms. and he tels him wich numbers are avalible, he gets 18!(its in spanish but the guy from bolton is talking in english)

18. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    Nicky Hunt now has #2 and nobody has #18 on the roster so maybe he did choose 18..

19. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    thanks chiva13 rep for U

20. chiva13

chiva13 New Member

Jun 14, 2005
    Fayetteville, AR. US
    thankyou...

21. Nixon

Nixon New Member

May 23, 2005
    Manchester
    Yer he has just seen some of the pics from the other night an he was wearin No2 although not sure what number Pedersons wearin as on official site both him an Stelios are No7 an Stelios will be seven but dunno bout Ped

22. Nixon

Nixon New Member

May 23, 2005
    Manchester
    just pending a medical i think

23. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    Yes and perhaps the Work Permit also but that will sail through with no problem in his case. Haven't heard it mentioned in the press yet myself.
    I assume he can't even play in a pre-season friendly until that's taken care of.

24. Nixon

Nixon New Member

May 23, 2005
    Manchester
    Ah if i remember right i think someone posted a while back that he holds an italian passport so no need for a work permit, so should be able to join them possibly in japan