borgetti quiere ir a bolton

Discussion in 'Mexicans Abroad' started by firefan12, Jul 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haole

Haole Member

Feb 14, 2005
    costa mesa, ca
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still don't think pace is all-important on this club and several others in EPL.
    Diouf has it, Okocha is more skill than pace and an even older Brian McBride has had his moments the last few seasons at Fulham.

Bolton's beefing up for UEFA and league play, they need all the help they can get. JB gets the ball in the box and he gets his shots off...Diouf, Mutu, Kezman, Forlan and a host of other name strikers can't get it on frame and they're busts....save for Diouf who failed famously at Liverpool and has gotten a second chance at Bolton.

Big Sam A. is a pretty solid coach, IMO, he ain't looking for stiffs when he's got his club closing in on the Champions League money bin.

2. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I love the way Pony Ruiz plays, its just flat out brilliant. I'm surprised this guy has not gone to a bigger club because he's just too damn good for Santos. As far as Okocha, he's good, hell he's damn good but I wouldn't say he is far more superior to el Pony.

3. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    I think Vuoso is good enough to play in premiership but the problem with many South Americans going to England is that they have a difficult time adjusting to the new lifestyle. Especially the languague barrier can be the most difficult to overcome. How do you expect Vuoso to adapt to his new club if he cant understand the coaches instructions or his mates on the field. Was it any surprise Crespo and Veron had such a hard time in the EPL.

Borgetti claimed in an interview that he knows basic English. imo the language barrier will be one of his biggest challenges in order for him to have a good season at Bolton, unless he has teamates that can speak spanish he will have some difficulties adjusting.

4. Hecho en Mexico

Hecho en Mexico Member+

Mar 22, 2002
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    ivan campo and vaz te will help him out, noob.

5. WitchKingMX

WitchKingMX New Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Coapa's Nest
    Ricardo Vaz speaks spanish? because he's portuguese. And Borgetti may have a hard time w/ portuguese as much as with English

6. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Spanish is more similar to Portuguese than it is to English, but yeah I get the point.

7. WitchKingMX

WitchKingMX New Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Coapa's Nest
    Yeah, I know but I thought the same when I was learning Italian, and it was much more difficult to me than English. But maybe in basic communication, not gettin' to deep in grammatics portuguese might be lil bit easier to understand.

8. fuerza monarca

fuerza monarca New Member

Jul 12, 2005
    San Fran
    When does the season start in England?

9. Atlas10

Atlas10 Member+

Jun 18, 2005
    high in the sky!
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    At the end of this month.

10. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    cool i can't wait :D

11. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I heard mid August but I may be wrong.

12. Rommul

Rommul Member

Aug 26, 2003
    NYC
    Well you are both correct.

The season in England starts the first week of August (lower divisions).

The season inn the EPL starts in the middle of August.

http://www.fixtures365.co.uk/

13. chiva13

chiva13 New Member

Jun 14, 2005
    Fayetteville, AR. US
    Una ofensa a Borgetti

El goleador de la selección mexicana asegura que un equipo italiano pretendía contratarlo pagándole 100,000 dólares anuales

MIAMI (Notimex) -- El seleccionado mexicano Jared Borgetti, contratado por el Bolton Wanderers de la Liga Premier de Inglaterra, afirmó que recibió una oferta del futbol italiano que consideró como "una ofensa" para el balompié de su país.

En declaraciones a la cadena Univisión, el goleador no mencionó el nombre del equipo, pero dijo que le querían pagar "100 mil dólares" por temporada.

"Eso es una ofensa para el futbol mexicano", dijo el jugador en la entrevista grabada, antes de la eliminación de México de la Copa Oro 2005, al caer 2-1 ante Colombia, donde la ausencia del atacante se resintió.

El jugador descartó que en el frenesí negociador haya habido una oferta de Arabia, pero si hubo contacto con el alemán Hertha Berlín, pero finalmente se decidió por el Bolton, ya que aunque las ofertas eran "iguales", la última le convenía más a su familia.

Borgetti, de 32 años, dijo que aunque él no habla inglés, su esposa sí lo domina y sus hijas aún están pequeñas para aprenderlo.

El actual artillero de los Tuzos del Pachuca se mostró feliz por su fichaje y descartó que su edad le vaya a pesar, pues siente que aún puede dar más.

14. toro3

toro3 New Member

Apr 22, 2005
    Columbia, SC
    Judging by this article it looks loke Borgetti's deal is far from done.

Okocha dismisses talk of Qatar move

Jay-Jay Okocha has shrugged off talk of a lucrative move to Qatar and insisted he is purely focussed on making Bolton's first European campaign a success.

In his three seasons at the Reebok Stadium, Okocha has been a massively influential figure in Bolton's meteoric rise from Premiership makeweights to top six contenders.

Although, by his own admission, the 31-year-old's performances last year were not as effective as they had been 12 months previously, Okocha remains a key component of Sam Allardyce's squad and chairman Phil Gartside was quick to dismiss talk of his departure as 'nonsense'.

Speaking ahead of the FA Premier League Asia Trophy opener against Manchester City in Bangkok tomorrow, Okocha stated firmly that he was under contract to Bolton, adding that he was still enjoying life at the homespun north-west outfit.

And, rather than expanding his bank balance by following Marcel Desailly, Claudio Caniggia and Gabriel Batistuta to the Middle East, the brilliant Nigerian playmaker is keeping his focus on Bolton's inaugural UEFA Cup campaign.

'It is the first time Bolton have been in the UEFA Cup and it feels great to be part of history,' said the former Paris St Germain star.

'It will be a new experience for most of our players and one they should enjoy.

'The fans should not expect too much of us because we lack experience. But hopefully we will be able to get into the group stage and take it from there.'

Okocha's first six months with the Trotters were so poor, many wondered why Allardyce had bothered to sign him.

But once he had adjusted to the frenetic pace of Premiership combat, Okocha quickly established himself as one of the top flight's most eye-catching talents.

He could easily have won a clutch of player of the year awards in 2004, although rather than that period, it is those initial teething troubles he refers back to now in an effort to put his most recent performances into some kind of context.

'I don't think I have anything to prove,' he said.

'I have been here three years now and achieved a lot in that time.

'Maybe I didn't live up to expectations last season but I am still enjoying it, and compared to my first season, I am having a great time.

'People have to remember it is a team game and I am really pleased, as a club, we are now where we want to be, competing with the best.

'It might have been unexpected to some but I know how much ability and ambition there is in this squad and the aim now is to stay where we are for a long time.'

By common consent, Bolton are still half a dozen players short of having a squad big enough to cope with the demands expected of it this term.

Allardyce is so keen to bring in some new faces that he even opted out of Sunday's flight to Bangkok, preferring instead to leave the coaching to new assistant Sammy Lee so he could continue his worldwide talent trawl.

The Bolton boss should make it to the Far East in time to see his team play tomorrow, although talk of a deal to bring in veteran Mexican striker Jared Borgetti from Pachuca for £900,000 appears to be wide of the mark, with a club official claiming the transfer was 'a long way' from being done.

This article was published on www.espn.com in their global soccer section. Does anyone know the amount and when the deal is supposed to be finalized???

15. Sir Cuauh

Sir Cuauh New Member

Jun 15, 2005
    H-town
  16. ChcgoStingInMyBlood

Jun 15, 2005
    In my best horrible espanol:

¡¡¡Buena suerte Borgetti!!! Demuestre a primero ministro League cómo se hace. Y no mate cualquiera con ese jefe el tuyo...

17. CCTX SoccerFreak

CCTX SoccerFreak New Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Corpus Christi,TX
    I know Borgetti is going to do much better than the press thinks and will definitely represent Mexico and CONCACAF very well.

Good luck Jared!![​IMG]

18. El Chivito

El Chivito New Member

Jun 22, 2005
    Califas
    Tear it up Borgetti and silence the critics and the non-believers.
    Viva Mexico!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Austinite

Austinite New Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Austin,TX
    So is it a for sure thing. I read on Bolton's official website that they are a long way from signing him

http://www.bwfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,1004~688162,00.html

Also, last night on Los Protagonistas, they were interviewing Borgetti in person at his home, right in his room (btw, his wife is hot). He was shown packing and getting ready to board the flight to England.

20. PUMA Auriazul

PUMA Auriazul New Member

Jun 7, 2005
    New Mexico
    i hope Borgetti does well I hope he even becomes the player that makes more goals in the league.

21. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Jesus noob, turn back a page or two. This subject was already discussed.

22. Machetazo

Machetazo Member

Mar 20, 2002
    L.A.
    Wow... If you could read you would see that he joined the boards way before you, Mr. Veteranito.

23. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    If he were to read the threads maybe he wouldn't be posting things that have already been discussed ;)

24. chiva13

chiva13 New Member

Jun 14, 2005
    Fayetteville, AR. US
    Ya firmo, es el 18 del bolton!

25. gvfatlas

gvfatlas Member

Oct 6, 2004
    GDL
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team: