Borgetti --> Europe

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by chapulin, Jul 2, 2005.

1. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    It appears that as soon as Mexico is done with the Gold Cup he will go to England and sign the deal.. You'll have to wait.. ;)

http://www.clubcall.com/vsite/vcont...11136-5024-layout104-160718-news-item,00.html

2. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    Yes they will.. Finished 6th in the Premiership..

3. gvfatlas

gvfatlas Member

Oct 6, 2004
    GDL
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    And on the thing that jlscrub said about Jared's possibility of becoming the best Mexican ever, I'm sorry man but Hugo will be the best Mexican player for a long time, if not forever.

I'm not saying Jared sucks or anything, he is one of the best headers in the world, that's why he's going to the premiership, but to match Hugo he would have to get leading goalscorer in england five times and I just don't see that happening, plus he's not with Real Madrid he's with Bolton, a more modest team.

Hopefully Jared can score many goals in the Premiership and the UEFA Cup.

4. gvfatlas

gvfatlas Member

Oct 6, 2004
    GDL
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    And I'll get my Bolton jersey with Jared's name and number as soon as it's available. :D

5. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I don't think Jared will be the best Mexican player of all time but I sure hope he can become a Dennis Bergkamp or an Alan Shearer of some sort. May I also remind you that Hugo's career in Spain started off with Atletico de Madrid and then he made the move to Real Madrid 3 years later. I doubt Jared will be hired by another Premiership team ever but hopefully he will find success with Bolton.

6. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    That jersey's sharp as hell.

7. smartbomb

smartbomb Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Marquez went to Monaco first then leapt to Barcelona; thing is neither he nor Sanchez were 31 when they left...

8. Pottermaniac

Pottermaniac New Member

Nov 28, 2004
    RGV, texas
    then that will really be the hand of god. ;)

9. Bladelaire

Bladelaire New Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    hate to burst everyone's bubble but I think he is going to Saudi Arabia:

http://www.footballasia.com/acl/en/news/index.asp?aid=40192&cid=1191&mth=7&yr=2005

http://www.the-afc.com/english/nati...ewsDetail&nationalID=99&clubID=67&newsID=3417

I can't read arabic so I wasn't able to confirm it on their website. Also soccernet posted an article saying:

And thats on an article dated today:
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=337097&cc=5901

So he might be having some experience in the Champions League... just not European...

10. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    Well the stories about Saudi Arabia are old and nothing about that has been in the press in the last couple of days and Bolton saying it is not a completed deal yet doesn't mean it won't be in a few hours or they are playing it safe until he actually gets to England from the Gold Cup and signs.. I expect he will likely still end up at Bolton but it's not a deal until he signs and then passes the medical.
    The two places that don't seem to jump the gun on transfer news is the BBC and the Times (that I go to) so if you see that he has been signed or the deal ended there you can believe it.

Nothing at all at the BBC's Bolton page yet: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/bolton_wanderers/default.stm

11. youth18

youth18 New Member

Apr 25, 2005
    Hey man the post on soccernet.com that was on their the day before Borgetti said it was offical. So that is old news

12. FiveMagics

FiveMagics New Member

May 30, 2005
    Manchester
    Bolton have had a good two seasons under Allardyce, before they were relegation fodder or in Division one. Allardyce has a 'dirty dozen' reputation at Bolton, getting oldies, flops and 'troublesome' players from clubs dirt cheap, gelling them together and making it work really well, for example Kevin Davies, Ivan Campo, Gary Speed and now El Hadj Diouf who has really regained his old form. Allardyce really has done well on a budget smaller than most division 1 clubs. He paid about £2 million for Diouf who cost Liverpool £13 million :D.

Although Bolton dont have the best reputation in the EPL. They are critisized alot for quite boring football. They usually pack the midfield, tackle hard and boot the long ball route 1 - playing off the tall big physical Kevin Davies. They do have a few flair players but they are very much a very old fashioned workhorse team very good at breaking play and frustrating opponents like when they drew 2-2 at Stamford Bridge last year. Borghetti really couldnt of gone to a better team for his style of game. Okocha and Diouf will really be banging those crosses in alot, aswell as playing long ball route 1 up to the target man. He would of suffered if he went to a team like WBA who play on the deck alot and rely on quick paced counter attacks with speedy forwards.

I can see Bolton finishing 9-5th next season again but they might be beat out by a probable resurgent Newcastle United with Emre and Parker as the new center of the team. There is a very realistic chance they can quality for the CL, but it will take a massive effort and they cant afford to have a bad dip like they did last season from december - march. Borgetti will probably be a starter, Allardyce doesnt spend this much on bench players .. hell he doesnt ever spend much anyway! :p

As I said Borghetti has gone to the best club for his game IMO. Allardyce will settle him in well aslong as he doesnt have a wank attitude or he will be out on his arse. Allardyce is a wily old school English Manager, very much like Alex Ferguson. If you b*gger up, you WILL get a bollocking, not any old bollocking, this is foul mouthed old English bollocking. A documentary last two years ago showed footage of him in the dressing room, the tirrades he was coming out with were quite funny.

Bolton is a very stable club, financially wise, good stadium, very very good support base, the dominant club in Bolton. If Borghetti puts his head down and raises his game I can see him scoring 10-15 goals. The culture shock might have an effect. The English game is very very physical, and he will get battered thrown around. He will also get bollocked by many if he dives alot. Cuisine wise I doubt there are many, if any Mexican restaurents in old Bolton. It is a northern very working class industrial town, Borghetti better get used to his Pie n Chips and his Bangers n Mash :D

Just thought you could used an opinion from a lifelong EPL nut :)

13. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    Translation please? :confused::D

14. jq pepe

jq pepe New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    los angeles
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    the deal is done, he will sign with Bolton for 2 million.

15. mattkinguk

mattkinguk New Member

Jul 16, 2005
    bolton,lancs
    hello mexican friends!! im really happy that borgetti has signed... he looks really good..he seems like a strong , no nonsence finisher...just what i was hoping for...we've needed a good striker for ages..a natural finisher..its brilliant..i love him already...i saw mexico in the confeds cup and i thought you were amazing...i was so surprised ..coz i have been to mexico years ago and i remember seeing kids playing basketball ...i didnt see much football..i thought that the more south you go..the more it becomes football..and as you go north its basketball/baseball...an mexico is stuck in the middle..anyway i was taken back with how good you are...world cup is gonna be scary....bolton will welcome him with open arms..and the fans are really looking forward for his arrival..hope he does really really well..goodluck Borgetti !!....goodluck the reebok !! come on BOLTON !!!! XXX

16. aguilas

aguilas New Member

Dec 17, 2004
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Club América
    Great info FiveMagics and mattkinguk. Rep coming your way.

17. El Chivito

El Chivito New Member

Jun 22, 2005
    Califas
    Mattkinguk, the words you have spoken are very well recieved. You will be getting a top notch player in Borgetti, hopefully things go very well for him and for Bolton.
    I would also like to say that in recieving Borgetti with open arms, Bolton has recieved a nation of fans that will support your team as if it were their own.

18. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    Sorry but no.. This was on Bolton's official site today:

""SAM ALLARDYCE has confirmed that he is a long way off from signing the highly-rated Mexican striker Jared Borgetti."

From Sam Allardyce:
    "We have found with the South American regime that it is very difficult to strike a deal."

But that doesn't mean it won't happen even tomorrow but it's not done..

19. tynwiewakawaka

tynwiewakawaka New Member

Jul 18, 2005
    So. Cal
    does Sam even know where mexico is. Last i heard we were still in NORTH AMERICA.

20. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    LOL .. I got a laugh out of that too.. :D
    I guess that would make Central America even further south.. Perhaps in Antarctica... ;)

21. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Like I posted in the other thread, if you read the article it says that they have had a hard time finding out who truly represents him so they have to wait for him to actually go to England. So it's not necessarily a long way off from signing him seeing as he wants to sign and all they have to do is negotiate. It's merely a matter of time.

22. cadblur

cadblur New Member

Jan 8, 2004
    Edinburgh,UK

Pies & Chips -> Pie de carne con papas fritas
    Banger and Mush -> Salchicha y Pure de Papa.

Yo Añadiria a la lista Fish and Chips y un buen Curry.

It is a shame that he didn't go to Bolton two years ago I would have been able to watch (and support) him and Bolton as you know I iused to live in the UK and my place was about 30 min. from Reebok stadium.

23. FiveMagics

FiveMagics New Member

May 30, 2005
    Manchester
    To us if you have a latin name and you are from across the Atlantic you are South American :D

95% of English would think Mexico was South American.... Mexico, Colombia, Peru, Venezuela, Argentina, Brazil .. all South American.

24. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    All those coutries are in South America except for Mexico. Use your head guys, I hope that's not asking too much ;)