Borgetti / Bolton Wanderers Thread IV [R]

Discussion in 'Mexicans Abroad' started by sidspaceman, Jan 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
  2. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    Nice day for Borgetti and Bolton.. Big win as they are in a fight to the finish for the last spot in the UEFA cup..

3. Atlas10

Atlas10 Member+

Jun 18, 2005
    high in the sky!
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    el gol, el gol, el gol?

Alguien lo tiene? ponganlo cabrones:D

4. eL-ShorTy

eL-ShorTy Member

Sep 18, 2005
    San Antonio
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    That was a golazo that Borgetti made.

5. chololo

chololo Member

Jan 7, 2006
    san bernardino
    thanks el-shorty thats a great up

6. Atlas10

Atlas10 Member+

Jun 18, 2005
    high in the sky!
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  7. chololo

chololo Member

Jan 7, 2006
    san bernardino
    i think that goal vaz te scored was borgetti's goal i saw that clearly in the replay on sportscenter i even saw borgetti's face looked all surprised when vaz te started celebrating the goal

8. MRod

MRod Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Bakersfield, Ca
  9. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Good to see Borgetti finally get some playing time :)

10. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    I agree it will only pay-off toward the world cup!

11. big20ugly

big20ugly Member

Feb 4, 2006
    Denver
    i believe it's 3 starts and 3 goals for him in the premiership

12. Atlas10

Atlas10 Member+

Jun 18, 2005
    high in the sky!
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Creo que nomas tiene 2 goles en la premiership.
    Los demas goles son en torneos como la FA cup y la UEFA cup.

13. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
  14. chololo

chololo Member

Jan 7, 2006
    san bernardino
    all i know he has seven goals

15. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    2 League
    1 FA Cup
    2 League Cup
    2 Uefa Cup
    ---- =
    7 :)

16. John Jagou

John Jagou BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 8, 2006
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    God I hope Big Sam uses him more doewn the stretch. Not only will he be match fit, he will have a ton of confidence as well. Let's hope he gets to score an importantgoal, like one that gets Bolton their UEFA spot.

17. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    He has also been playing some reserve matches which helps too..

18. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  19. ElDivino

ElDivino Member

Nov 11, 2004
    Borgetti played verywell sunday..he looks in good form..is it just me or does he look stronger ?..I think he's going to be in prime condition for the WC.if he keeps on playing like this i see no reason why he shouldnt start.:D That goal he made was nice..2 yrs ago he would have never tried that kind of goal..im very glad to see that he is adapting very well..obviously all he needs is more playing time :D

20. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    exactly el davino I agree totally with you I'm sure la volpe and staff are monitering his every move in the English league i'm glad he's making a hard effort now than when he first started for Bolton why I say this because it helps his esteem towards world cup time!

21. FMF_LFP

FMF_LFP Red Card

Aug 19, 2005
    Piss Peru
    Great Write up by one of the Local Lads from Chester/N.Wales

GROUPIES

Last Saturday I was getting picked up after the match, but not till about 6pm. This is quite a rare event & I was footloose for a while. I planned to pop into the pub, but, as I walked round by the ground main entrance I was fascinated to see the number of fans hanging around the players entrance. So, I became one of the groupies for half an hour.

Amazing.

Kids getting all over-excited as they pushed & pulled to get autographs. Their method of attracting players attention was unsubtle, to say the least " Hey ... Pedersen, sign this, Pedersson ... PEDERSEN !", but well intentioned enough from hyped up 10 year olds.

The adults with top of the range camera's getting photo's of the players. Again, OK enough ... though what do you DO with such a photo ?

What must have been a serious percentage of the travelling Charlton fans were hanging around to see their favourites leave & get autograph's etc. At least 75 or so ... & their total following last week can't have been much more than 200, tops. To the Charlton players credit they came out, chatted & signed. I overheard one actually apologise to some fans for their performance. Refreshing to note that they recognised how poor it had been ... AND that it deserved an apology.

Somewhat stranger were the fans who were trying to catch players attention by banging on the plate glass and screaming players surnames through the window. Most odd was that many of these were way over the 10 year old type age.

The disproportionate number of Japanese fans who were waiting - successfully - to meet Hidei Nakata. They all got their wish, with chats, video shots, photo's & signatures from their national hero.

Some seriously spivvy blokes, agents ? Hangers on ? ... or just people who wear bad taste pinstripe suits to watch footy ? A goodly number of wannabe footballers wives, dolled up to the nines and a range of people who made you think "who was that ??" ... as they were vaguely recognisable, but not quite.

But weirdest of all was a seriously over the top woman of 35 to 40 years old who was clearly unsure who any of the players were but was more or less offering to sleep with any of them. There were kids of 12 taking the p*ss out of her & she knew it, but couldn't care less. She was asking the autograph hunters if people leaving were players. If they were she was almost climbing onto them. How strange is that ?

Borgetti must have half of Mexico over last weekend - as a troupe of women, with children, including babes in arms, all filed past with the beaming Borg in his cream linen suit. He had obviously had a good day. The women were funny. I KNOW Bolton's not a hot place, but this lot were all dressed like they were off up Rivington for a picnic after the game. Woolly jumpers & leggings seemed to be the theme for the day. Whereas Borg's suit must have cost over a £grand, the troupe of women looked liked they'd just raided the various charity shops.

Campo - relishing his great performance. A grin almost as big as his nose. Stelios, barely taller than the 10 year olds who ran along side him as he left. Vaz Te, with a coltish swagger & a grin so big that it made Campo look quite morose.

Jussi, all 6' 4" of his, slim & blonde was with his missus - dark haired, all 5' 1" of her - height AND waist !

A player who came out & had photies taken by fans as I thought ... " who the fck is that ?". I realised late on it was Matt Jansen.

An interesting way to kill 30m if anyone is ever at a loose end. Just don't get carried away & start banging on the windows.

22. John Jagou

John Jagou BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 8, 2006
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    I have read that he has put on 7 pounds of muscle. Se nota.