Borgetti / Bolton Wanderers Thread III [R]

Discussion in 'Mexicans Abroad' started by Don Boppero 3000, Dec 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goal31

goal31 New Member

Dec 7, 2005
    YUBA CITY
    Re: Borgetti Debut thread III [R]

THE THING IS, BORGETTI HAS PLAYED LIKE A CENTER FORWARD IN CONCACAF AND CONMEBOL, BUT IS PLAYING IN EUROPE. ENGLISH TEAMS HAVE THIS FACINATION WITH HOLDING THE BALL AND PLAYING DEFENSIVE, THOUGH THEYHAVE THE ATHLETES TO GO UP FRONT. tHATS WHY ENGLAND DOESNT DO WELL AGAINST SOUTH AMERICAN TEAMS, ESPECIALLY IN THE WORLD CUP. JARED IS PROBABLY LEAVING, AND BOLTON WILL RUE THE DAY THEY LET HIM GET AWAY :D

2. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Welcome to the Boards goal31

3. -WiLL-

-WiLL- Member

Jun 23, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC

Why is this thread called Borgettis Debut?

4. edvc_van

edvc_van New Member

Oct 12, 2005
    Canada

Okay this has nothing to do with Brogetti. only with Bolton

I just saw on tv that El-Hadji Diouf was sentenced to 6 months for hitting his ex-wife or something like that.

Anybody know abou this?

5. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara

Because Booper is a Neubert Mod :D :p

I shall rename the thread.. :cool:

6. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

I agree

7. Mr. Pink

Mr. Pink Member+

Aug 29, 2005
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas

hmm how many of theses posts do you have :confused:

8. FMF_LFP

FMF_LFP Red Card

Aug 19, 2005
    Piss Peru

http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/new...208:MTFH34738_2005-12-08_18-08-39_L08074715:1

Plus now he's sentenced for the Drunk Driving Incident , what a dumb @ss

http://www.football.co.uk/bolton_wanderers/driving_ban_for_diouf_212625.shtml

9. FMF_LFP

FMF_LFP Red Card

Aug 19, 2005
    Piss Peru
  10. mopey04

mopey04 New Member

Nov 27, 2005
    :mad: thats crazy he hardly ever gives borgetti a chance in the premier league he only plays him for uefa and carling cup i want to see him use him in the next game the WHOLE game and the results will speak louder than words

11. mopey04

mopey04 New Member

Nov 27, 2005
    besides with djeuf (sorry about spelling) goin to jail i would think Borgetti would get a fair shot even show host that cover the prem league cant understand why he wont use borgetti he has proven he make contribution to the team i hope this is only a rumor

12. Hartfield

Hartfield Red Card

Jun 15, 2005
    Bogota D.C

:confused:
    Actually England does very well against South American teams..I think Brasil maybe the only team who actually plays better than them. I don't ge the whole "holding the ball"..are you trying to say they don't play in fast tempo?

13. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    It will be an interesting decision.. A loan to a struggling Premiership team where he may get more time? Would Borgetti play in the CCC to learn the English game for a half a year? Come back to a Mexican team? Another league in Europe as a straight sale?
    Perhaps the last is most likely.. Not sure..

14. goal31

goal31 New Member

Dec 7, 2005
    YUBA CITY
    Actually, in the last couple of world cups England was eliminated by Brazil and Argentina, so they dont do all that well against GOOD South American teams. The forwards in England go after the goal kicks and hold the ball up front for the team to push forward and attack, instead of bringing it up on the ground like South American and most Concacaf teams. Bolton does not use Borgetti for Bull**** reasons, such as he doesn't defend well???? :eek: HE'S A FORWARD, HE DOESNT HAVE TO DEFEND, thats why you have defenders and midfielders. A forward job is to score and it's sad to see he is not rewarded for scoring while Davies is in though he virtually never scores.

15. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He should just go to a team that will gaurantee his starting spot. If he doesn't fit Bolton's system then that is fine. The WC is coming up and he needs to stay in form

16. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    No good team guarantees anyone a starting spot.. He could choose a team where it's apparent he will be a starter but I doubt he would want to go to a team that was of a low quality that would quarantee him a starting spot that he didn't have to earn by his play..
    I could just see a coach trying to explain to other players who were perfoming better in their time on the field.. "Yes.. I would like to start you but that other dude has a must start stipulation in his contract." ;)

I had thought him a good fit for Bolton myself based on them being such a good set piece team last year, perhaps the best in England, and his talent in the box and heading skills..

17. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    What about Beckham to Real? Or Ronaldo too?

18. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    Can you provide any article anywhere that states they were quaranteed starting spots as a requirement of signing?
    Real Madrid doesn't chose who plays based on promises in contracts..
    Not that Ronaldo would be worried about a coach thinking he shouldn't get a lot of playing time..Maybe on occassion ;)

19. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I feel so enlightened.... no wait, it's a stroke.

20. gvfatlas

gvfatlas Member

Oct 6, 2004
    GDL
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The Beckham to Real is as clear as water, he plays so that his pretty face will be on tv and then all the media will be all over him and so Real Madrid will get fans all over just because Beckham plays there, who cares about titles and cups.

I don't think it's a casualty that Real hasn't won shyt since Beckham arrived, the thing that saddened me was to see Figo lose his spot to a player that's not even half as good as he is.

getting back on track, Jared better get more playing time or he should leave.

21. mopey04

mopey04 New Member

Nov 27, 2005
    borgetti needs more playing time he's not getting a fail shot at the premiership level they only use him in bull s#@$ cups and tournaments god i hope that if he does leave bolton another good prem. club picks him up what whould be a good team for him ? perhaps a move to spain were the game is less physical and more tactical

22. mphoenix

mphoenix New Member

Sep 27, 2005
    Horwich, Bolton

He hasn't been sentenced anything.... Yet

It was for 'assaulting' his team mate (club AND country) Khalilou Fadiga's wife ;)

23. mphoenix

mphoenix New Member

Sep 27, 2005
    Horwich, Bolton
    No. He would not. Diouf plays in a different position than Borgetti. Nolan would play there anyway.

24. edvc_van

edvc_van New Member

Oct 12, 2005
    Canada

I also just read it from a post on another forum. A fan from his homecountry (senegal is it?) said he had just watched on tv that he was sentenced to 6 months to jail by the senegalese authorities.

My only 3 sources of info are 2 posts from senegalese fans and a sports channel I was watching where they said that. These 3 sources said he "was" sentenced.

But I haven't read it anywere else. So who knows