Bordeaux Thread [R]

Discussion in 'France: Clubs' started by Hypo-Luxa, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Allez Lyonnais

Allez Lyonnais New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    TX
    Re: Bordeaux Thread

Same meaning, different wording.

:p

2. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

No need for Cheyrou when you have Micoud.

3. Herm

Herm New Member

Sep 14, 2005
    Bordeaux, France

Except that i don't think he'll leave.
    But if he'd do, we won't have any problems. Fernando, Mavuba, Ducasse (+ Ze Roberto ? :D) it's enough IMO.

4. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

You didnt score a lot of goals last year and you still need to address that problem.

5. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Flamengo's left midfielder, Renato, who is being coveted by your club, scored a last minute goal to help Flamengo win yesterday.

6. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City

Villarreal are reporting that Bordeaux are interested in Juan Pablo Sorin.

7. HakanGS

HakanGS Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Texas & Turkiye
    Club:
    Galatasaray SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkey

Welcome to Ali Sami Yen. :)

8. HakanGS

HakanGS Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Texas & Turkiye
    Club:
    Galatasaray SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkey

Why is this thread dead? Don't Bordoeux have any fans?:)
    What does 'Girondins' mean?

9. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

Bordeaux's Champions League group isnt terribly difficult. Liverpool are the clear group favorites however I'd say Bordeaux are a better team than PSV Eindhoven and Galatasaray. These 2 clubs arent as strong as they used to be. Good oppertunity for Bordeaux to finish 2nd in group C.

10. Hypo-Luxa

Hypo-Luxa New Member

Oct 13, 2002
    Austin,TX

Girondins was a group of people from the French Revolution days. Moderate reformers is the best I can gather, but of course it could mean something completely different...

I for one am a Bordeaux fan but haven't been able to come by the board too much lately. As for their Champions League draw, I think they are lucky in the sense that they didn't get drawn into the Group of Death with Barca and Chelsea, but every team in this group are all capable of advancing. Although I believe Bordeaux is more than able to advance if not win the Group. Would like to see both Bordeaux and PSV to advance but that might be asking a bit much.

11. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

They have 3 signings so far. Micoud, Dalmat, and Wendel all MF's. They should sign an attacker and defender before the window cloes.

12. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

New rumors concerning Patrick Kluivert. Also Juan Pablo Sorin.

13. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

http://news.maxifoot.com
    Bordeaux: the false note of recruitment (05/09)
    The president of Bordeaux, Jean-Louis Triaud, acknowledged that the envelope intended for the transfers had not been entirely used. A sum of 10M€ remains indeed at disposal of the club to be reinforced, relays the Western Southern daily newspaper. How to explain such a failure whereas the club is engaged in League of the Champions? Whereas the infirmary filled already (Jemmali, Fernando and Smicer in particular), the low depth of the bench shows already the weaknesses of a manpower badly armed at the same time to make good figure on several tables. (By Nicolas Lagavardan)

Looks like someone screwed up. :)

14. eyad999

eyad999 New Member

Sep 9, 2006

hello,,

i'm a big fan of alNassr team in Saudi Arabia and iwant somebody who is expert in french league cause we got the brazilian player denilson ... he signed for our team and i want to ask if he still agood player as he was in WC 1998 ... and there is arumor that he is injured .....could you help me and thousend of alNassr fans:) and give me information about denilson

thank you for your time:eek:

15. HakanGS

HakanGS Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Texas & Turkiye
    Club:
    Galatasaray SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkey

Hi guys,
    Does anyone know a free live stream of Gala-Bordeaux game? I'd like to watch the game.
    Thanks,
    Hakan

16. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France

Sorry, don't have a clue. Just been following the match on Soccernet.com.... Seems pretty even so far.

17. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France

Gala 0-0 Bordeaux

Good hard earned points for the men from Gironde.

18. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

Micoud said he was happy with the result. By the way, Denilson is still without a club as a deal to a Saudi Arabian team fell through and he's now looking at Portsmouth.

19. HypoLuxa

HypoLuxa New Member

Apr 25, 2004
    Austin, TX

I'm wondering if we shouldn't get Denilson back just for this season. We've looked pedestrian so far and the goal scoring is still minimal just like last year. I'm not a big fan of denilson's, but he does add a bit of skill and scoring to the squad.

The team is 3-0-3 and laying in the middle of the table. It's still early days, but I don't see any more of a goal scoring threat now than last year...Hopefully this will change.

20. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

You needed a decent striker and you didnt sign one. Darcheville, Chakmah, and Lelanders are average to mediocre. Denilson wouldnt help he's not a striker. You midfield isnt bad its up front thats the problem. Wendell is looking decent so far.

21. HypoLuxa

HypoLuxa New Member

Apr 25, 2004
    Austin, TX

After a lackluster start of the season for Bordeaux, they host PSV today in the Champions League second round of games. PSV and Bordeaux both drew in their previous games, so they'll both be looking for blood.

This is what I dreaded as my favorite Dutch team faces my favorite French team, but as I am hoping for both to advance I obviously want what will facilitate both to advance.

PSV is a shadow of the team that did so well in the Champion's League two years ago, but they are still quite dangerous. This should be a great game, and I think that it will end up 2-1 for Bordeaux.

On a side note, Ricardo signed a contract extension that will last 2 more years. If he can build upon last year's success and do well in the Champ's League and Ligue 1 this will definitely be a worthwhile contract extension.

22. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

They must win this match if they are going to advance. Liverpool and PSV are still the group favorites.

23. HypoLuxa

HypoLuxa New Member

Apr 25, 2004
    Austin, TX

well Bordeaux lost against PSV 1-0. They had 15 shots but only 4 were on goal. They have it all to do as Liverpool and PSV each have 4 points and Bordeaux has 1 along with Galatasaray. Tough game as PSV committed 23 fouls:eek: but whatever, they got the result and Bordeaux now have a tougher road to go. Micoud was substituted right after half-time...I hope there was no injury that he picked up....

24. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

They have to take all 6 points from their last 2 home matches in my opinion and steal a point on the road.

25. HypoLuxa

HypoLuxa New Member

Apr 25, 2004
    Austin, TX

yeah Bordeaux haven't made it easy on themselves. They HAVE to take care of the home-field advantage, hope there is a slip-up with Liverpool and/or PSV AND go on the road to PSV and Liverpool and play for points. It will be tough, but not entirely out of the realms of possibility.

Sounds as if the home support was lively and boisterous, and Micoud was brought off for tactical reasons, which did seem to work in getting more shots.

Now they have to travel and face Valenciennes in the League. Hopefully they don't have a hang-over and take care of business to get to 5-0-3.

I find it a bit strange how Bordeaux have played 7 games in Ligue 1 and have not drawn once. This coming after last year when they drew every other game it seemed. weird...