Bordeaux Thread [R]

Discussion in 'France: Clubs' started by Hypo-Luxa, Jan 5, 2006.

1. N. Platini

N. Platini Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Londres
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Give them a break Guignol , I know it's hard for you to come to terms that there's a better team in Ligue 1 than your beloved Lyon ( who spent alot of cash than most elite clubs in Europe ! ) but the result last night is an impressive one , forget about the performance .

Olympiakos won all their home games in the group stages .. Bordeaux can win games without playing to their potential , that's not a bad thing .

Olympiakos has won only 2 away games in 30 something matches , frankly that record sucks . If Bordeaux can't finish the business at home then I'll be shocked .

2. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    what you say about olympiakos at home is enlightening, and it's true their fans were pushing hard, but they looked strictly amateurish to me. yet even without looking at all dangerous dans l'absolu they got more, and more dangerous, chances than bordeaux, who can and must play better.

i've gotten over OL not being the undisputed best in L1, and last year and this i've really admired the quality of bordeaux's play, their teamwork, and the serenity and constancy with which the club has built a solid squad.

but now comes the real nitty gritty. now that they've won their CL group, that they've won a mini-double, that their players are in the headlines and headhunters with big checkbooks are camping out in le haillan, how long will they be able to stay on top? 7 years? 5? in november i would have said 3 or 4 but right now only 1 and a half looks certain.

3. N. Platini

N. Platini Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Londres
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Did you watch the whole match ? Bordeaux controlled the first half without any problems , and looked the team most likely to score . I don't even think Olympiakos had any sort of chances in the first period .

Second half I believe Bordeaux's mentality was not to push too much , since they've got the important away goal at the end of the first period , which is natural .

I agree Olympiakos could've got back in the game if it wasn't for the reactions of Carrasso but he's a good goalkeeper so it's not suprising .

How long can they stay top of France ? I don't know , but what Laurent Blanc has done is impressive . Bordeaux can't even challenge with OM and OL in the mercato ...

4. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    sure i watched the whole match, and you can bet i was rooting furiously for bordeaux! and of course olympiakos had no chances in the first half. how the hell is a team that poor supposed to get chances? actually they did get one deadball their swede got a good header on but clearly they were no more dangerous than a newfoundland puppy, any harm they did could only be by accident. the fact remains they had over 50% possession when by all rights bordeaux should have just flat out kidnapped the ball.

as for compteting in the mercato, when OL was really putting the fear of the lord in people the mercato brought us nothing but money. until this year the only big name signing that did us any good was sonny!

5. panathinaikos1908

panathinaikos1908 New Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Club:
    Panathinaikos Athens
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    I enjoyed Bordeaux's game so much!!! 0-1 had really fan.

However, I expected that Bordeaux was a better team... Frankly, if that Bordeaux was playing with Panathinaikos, it wouldn't have any chance!I got dissappointed from Bordeaux and if it keeps like this, I dont think it will have long future...

After that game, Olympiakos team/fans insist that the referee stole them! They think that the last goal was valid and their loss was unfair. Personally, I believe that their goal was a foul.

Olympiakos in europe is a LOSER. I don't think it has any chance to win in France. After this loss, they know that they don't have any chance so they dont talk about the second match at all. Thus, dont be afraid... you have already qualified next round.

Many bravos from Panathinaikos fans to Bordeaux and I hope next round you will be stronger than what you showed us yesterday!

Many glasses of ουζο to Bordeaux fans and especially to WaterSide! lol CHEERS!

6. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    is that the play where derbyshire grabs on to ciani (iirc) to make a wall and keep carrasso from the ball? deary me, that was so obviously a foul that i don't even remember the ball going into the goal... completely immaterial. they might complain about not being awarded a corner off lua lua's shot a few minutes earlier, but on this they're really reaching.

7. panathinaikos1908

Feb 19, 2010
    Club:
    Panathinaikos Athens
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    I agree with you! It was an obvious foul! But this is what every Olympiakos fan says here! that Bordeaux played with 12 players (with the referee) lol dont care what they say, we are used of them! All these years they use the referees in order to take the greek champion, thats why they complain in european matches because they cant have them!
    We all make fun of them, its our greek team which always sucks in europe... Only panathinaikos can make great victories in europe...

8. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    I became a fan when I lived in Bordeaux for a year (I was studying abroad during college). I went to quite a few games and I actually did a paper about the team's history (8 pages in French - I never even did a paper in English that long). This was about 4 years ago, and I've been a fan ever since.

9. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    true that mate, last year u guys had a good run and were 1st in inter's group, btw whatever happened to Athens? didnt they have a good team?

10. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I'm a huge Djibril Cisse fan so I am cheering for Pana in the Europa League and am hoping he makes the World Cup. I wish he was still playing for OM. I'd like to see Roma get beat today.

11. panathinaikos1908

Feb 19, 2010
    Club:
    Panathinaikos Athens
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    HAHAHA I drink ouzo for beating ROMA 3-2!

Roma-PANATHINAIKOS=2-3 cheers my friends!

I cant wait for second match, Bordeaux-Olympiakos! that week I want to drink wine, the Bordeaux wine! HAHAHA Kill that Olympiakos and send them back home to cry! hahaha

FORZA PANATHINAIKOSSSSS FORZA CISSEEEEEE
    FORZA BORDEAUXXXXXX

12. WaterSide

WaterSide New Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Bordeaux
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Oh ok ! hehe that's cool ! Which studies did you do ?
    4 years ago hum, that seems to be the season when we finished 2nd with an ugly way of playing, many draw matchs, and many 1-0 full defense victories :p

I wish too...why the hell is Rémy in the last selection as a striker...
    Cissé deserves a lot more ! Even if I admitt that there are other injuried players who are better (Benzema...)

I am glad and glad for you :)
    Cissé almost did a hat trick as I have tried to forecast xD
    Drink some glasses of ouzo for me !

13. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    While there I took classes in French for foreigners (at Bordeaux 3 down in Pessac) and Anthropology (at Bordeaux 2 at Place de la Victoire). The French classes were pointless (they were really geared for Asian students that didn't even know how to do punctuation in roman alphabets), but it was a requirement to take them.

I believe Bordeaux came in 6th that season. It was a big drop off from the prior year and a huge disappointment for everyone. But it was the fans and the atmosphere that I liked more than the quality of their play.

Man... I miss riding around on the tram. All the times it broke down... and being smushed like sardines during rush hour. And I miss my favourite kebab place (Le Quartier latin off of Place Gambetta). We don't have those out here in California.

OK... back to football now... Allez Girondins!

14. WaterSide

WaterSide New Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Bordeaux
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    We were so close :p That year, I did post-baccalauréat studies in Lycée Michel Montaigne which is really near of Place de la Victoire !

Ok, I mistook by one year.

LOL, now the tram works really well. There is no problem anymore with "ground power supply". But we are still smushed like sardines LOL

Allez les Girondins !

15. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    un petit bain de foule à 8h du mat... rien de tel!

16. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Big game today (tonight for the Europeans). Top 2 teams facing off. Happily I found a working stream so I can watch it live.

17. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    here's what i got out of the match:

1) montpéllier showed their first signs of cracking under the pressure. two botched pénos (carrasso stopped them but so could you or i, they were crappily taken) and once bordeaux was at 10 they stopped playing instead of going for the jugular.

2) gourcuff can really win balls and defend when he puts his mind to it; he'd be more useful doing more of that than multiplying sterile zidane turns.

3) matthieu chalmé proved once again he's a vicious, whining, cheating little weasel.

18. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Unfortunately I missed the last 15 minutes of the game and haven't been able to find it online anywhere.

19. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Well. I managed to find a download of it (if anybody is interested where, send me a PM). That was such a horrible horrible way for the game to end. Carrasso must've felt so terrible. He really should have stopped that shot.

20. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I'm obviously biased but I thought a draw was fair considering the circumstances.

21. WaterSide

WaterSide New Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Bordeaux
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Bordeaux Montpellier : I was disappoointed at the end but Carasso is still man of the match even if he didn't stop that final shot :(
    Thanks to him we did not lose.

Bordeaux Auxerre : Without Ciani, Planus and Diarra, that was awful...

Well the end of the season is going to be really hard and this is the first time of the season that I think we have great chances not to be champions at the end.

22. ArizonaFußballFan

Nov 8, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    this weekend is definitely a must win and next week should be interesting to see if they progress in the CL.

23. bwiorly

bwiorly Member

May 3, 2004
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yeah!!! 2-1, just a couple of minutes of additional time to go. Well done, Girondins!

24. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Big respect big ups alleezzz bordeaux!!!!

Bye bye greece;)

25. ArizonaFußballFan

Nov 8, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    will definitely be an interesting draw on friday.

congrats to bordeaux