Booked My Tix This Morning For Fulham v/ ManUtd!!!

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by FC Tallavana, Nov 10, 2004.

1. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    Just thought I'd let everyone know that I booked my tix this morning for the Fulham v/ ManUtd match on Dec. 13.

I got up at 4AM EDT when tix went on sale to FFC members and the only seats left were in the Hammersmith End corners.

My seats are in Hammersmith block 7, row CC. Can anyone tell me what to expect from this location?

Also, I need to know how I should get to the Cottage. I will be driving into London from the west on the M4. Should I park at Heathrow and take the train in or is there a place to park the car closer in?

2. therealronaldo7

therealronaldo7 New Member

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    That is awesome! Lucky you! Take some pictures. Have fun!

3. American Mike

American Mike New Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Was NY, Now London
    My first suggestion is DO NOT DRIVE TO CRAVEN COTTAGE. There is absolutely not place to park. Are you going other places other than london, thats why you are driving?? If you do drive...stay on the left!

4. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure I won't be driving to Craven Cottage. I need to know where to park though. I was thinking that Heathrow might be my best bet...but I don't really know. :confused:

I will probably only be in London for the match and for my flights to/from Gatwick. Other than that, I will mostly be in Cornwall...so I'll hire a car. We (wife & I) used to take the train down but the fares have gotten pretty scary (not to mention that nasty derailment the other day on the very train that we have taken in the past).

Does anyone know what row CC is? Is it the 3rd row or the 29th row or what?

I'm assuming digital cameras are allowed in the Cottage. I hope to get some good pics (especially of Boca, McBride, & Howard).

5. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

Jan 23, 2004
    NOrVA
    My dad is going to be in england and sorta randomly decided he was going to go to the Arsenal v. Chelsea Match this spring. Unbelieveable, he couldn't name a single player on either team.

he may try to get Man City tickets at the Cottage too though.

6. American Mike

American Mike New Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Was NY, Now London
    I always take the tube from heathrow to London so that is always my first choice. But as for parking your car, I have no idea. But I will ask some locals for you to see if they have any suggestions. Also, You can bring in a camera, thats no big deal.

7. LeeS

LeeS Member

Mar 23, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well if you're TRYING to make me jealous, it worked!!
    Have fun, wish I could help out with the rest, but you'll figure it out.

Lee

8. Neysahead

Neysahead New Member

Oct 16, 2004
    Holt, MI, USA
    If they're are any other members who aren't using their numbers for this match that could help me purchase two tickets, I'd be much obliged. I'd be supporting Fulham (and my fellow Americans McBride and Bocanegra).

Thanks for any help you can provide. --Neysahead

9. therealronaldo7

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    Johnny, is your dad a Fulham fan? My dad does not even know what Fulham is. He is agreat guy, but where I came from no one even knows what the EPL is.

10. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

Jan 23, 2004
    NOrVA
    My dad's a soccer fan, but by no means an EPL fan. He and i went to go see Arsenal v. Boro in the FA cup when i live there. he enjoyed himself but Highbury isn't called the library for nothing. So he wanted to see an exciting game and he's probably got one with chelscum v. arseholes

i'm a little jealous. I'm sure he'll be a fulham fan if he goes to the cottage.

i think he considers himself a ... man U fan

but one of those fans that can't name a single player, he probably still thinks beckham is still on the squad

11. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    He's not? :eek:

What am I going to do with my tickets now? ;)

But seriously, I've decided to park at Heathrow and tube in.

I'm still trying to figure out what row CC is. If anyone figures that out I'd really appreciate it.

12. American Mike

American Mike New Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Was NY, Now London
    My cousins now live in the town you come from right??

13. therealronaldo7

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    Mike, he lives near my town. He is about an hour further south of where I grew up.

14. American Mike

American Mike New Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Was NY, Now London
    My cousins are still going through 'culture shock'. :)

15. therealronaldo7

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    In terms of the election last Tuesday Mike, your cousins live in the very red part of Illinois. South of Chicago and the Quad Cities in Western Illinois, the state is mostly red. Coming from a place like Chicago or the NYC, it is a much different world down there.

16. American Mike

American Mike New Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Was NY, Now London
    Oh yes, they realized that before moving but had no choice otherwise. When I head to see them I have to bring them some italian imports. Including some vino.

17. therealronaldo7

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    It is a great school down there so I am sure he made a good decision.

18. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

Jan 23, 2004
    NOrVA
    Mike, did you ever get your pics developed of the cottage?

those might be a good addition to the web page.

19. American Mike

American Mike New Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Was NY, Now London
    Yes, not many because I ran out of film but it was tough because of the amount of action around the ground and in the ground. But my scanner is on the fritz nad is being stupid.

I will add them though.

20. doug001001

doug001001 Member

Aug 20, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i was in row J when I went and that was 10 rows off the pitch in the putney stand. so I would guess your 29 rows off.

21. pshelton

pshelton New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    SLC, Utah
    You are so lucky!!! Have a great time!

22. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    Thanks!

23. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I'll be in Portugal that same time and am wondering if you could hook up a XXL Boa long sleeve home jersey? probably too much hassle but if your up to it, it would be cheaper for me to pay the shipping from ENG to Por the jersey is sold cheaper there all you need to do is figure out is how much you want. Gimmie a reply.

24. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    When will you be back in Toronto (going by your profile)?

If anything, I might be able to pick one up and ship it to Canada from Florida. I'm not gonna have a lot of free time between the day of the match and the day I fly back so I couldn't say for sure if I will be able to ship to Portugal from England.

25. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    Any FFC members know how long it takes for them to ship ticket orders to the USA? On the FFC site it says that you should contact the club if you haven't received your tix five days out from the match. The problem is that I leave for England a week before the match. Any info will be appreciated.