Bonds 73rd Homer Ball

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Bill-DC, Jul 26, 2002.

1. Bill-DC

Bill-DC Member+

May 20, 2002
    Anyone catch the article in this weeks Sports Illustrated with Madden on the cover? There is an article about the two people who are battling each other for Barry Bonds 73rd home run ball. I think this goes to court on October 7th. Who should get it?

The guy who ended up with it was thinking he should just sell it and split the moiney with the guy who caught it in his glove but later lost it. Then he decided against that. The guy who caught it in his glove is putting together video claims and using an office to get his case together.

I'm torn up here. Part of me is thinking the last one with it, gets it, then I'm thinking the guy who caught it got the crap kicked out of him and ended up losing it. Hell, once Cal Ripken hit a homer and it bounced around in the bleachers and I was looking for it under the seat and had my hand on the ball before someone stepped on my hand and I lost it. I was pissed but whay could I do? It's a good read if you get a copy of the issue.

2. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE
    Several fans who were right there claim the guy who says it "was taken from him" is full of it, and that he had another ball already on him.

Screw everyone for making some stupid immaterial thing like a sports souvenir something that people want to kick the crap out of each other over. Ridiculous. The judge should rule that the ball goes to the Smithsonian or the Hall of Fame. The other guys can have replacement baseballs. They're just baseballs.

I hope dumbass Todd McFarlane is still glad he spent so much on McSteroid's "record" homer. He's one of the reasons people see "$$$MILLIONS$$$" dancing in their heads when a souvenir lands in the crowd.

I almost lost my Sharks season tickets a couple years ago for punching a drunk yuppie right in the face after he kneed my wife in the back of the head diving over her seat for a puck.

3. dcaddick

dcaddick New Member

Jul 10, 2001
    On the Bandwagon
    Isn't this country great? I mean we've got people fighting like little kids over some little ball .

I think everyone should go straight to their rooms without dinner.

4. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So if someone offered you a baseball that's worth millions of bucks, you'd turn it down?

5. dcaddick

dcaddick New Member

Jul 10, 2001
    On the Bandwagon
    Why would anyone offer me a baseball that's worth millions? If someone offered me that, sure I'd take it. I'd always take millions when offered.

6. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    my view on this.

the judge tells both of them to shove it, and puts the ball in the hall of fame where everyone can see it.

of course, he won't do that. he'll award the ball to someone who'll PROMPTLY put the ball on ebay and spend the cash for a nice vacation.

bastages. all of them. :mad:

7. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The judge should announce that he is going to saw the ball in half and give each guy one-half. Then, when one guy breaks down and cries "I cannot stand to see the ball destroyed in that manner...just give him the ball {weeping, sniff, sniff}". The judge will then grant the crying guy full custody of the ball because only the rightful owner would display such emotion when confronted with its destruction. :)