Bolton vs. Man U [R]

Discussion in 'Bolton Wanderers' started by DirtyJerzey, Dec 31, 2005.

1. DirtyJerzey

DirtyJerzey Member

May 30, 2005
    Harrison, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bolton gets their ass handed to 4-1.

One of the few chances I get to watch the game live, since my Man U supporter friend got it on PPV, and I gotta say I was utterly dissappointed.

Okocha was complete garbage, Davies was non-existant, Gardner played horrid, N'Gotty with an own goal, Ben Haim practically giftwrapped another goal.

The only players that played well IMO were Gary Speed and Faye, the rest were sub-par to the highest degree.

I gotta say, once we are losing, its almost impossible for our squad to claw their way back. We do a good job frustrating an attacking squad, but when we HAVE to attack, we can't do it. I don't like to doubt big Sam, but when Davies was completely useless this game and absolutely nothing was happeneing, shouldn't he change up the strategy up a little bit?

If it were me personally, I would have taken out Okocha at the half for Nakata, and replaced Davies with Borghetti at the hour mark. But then again, I'm not Big Sam.

2. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    There needs to be a clear out at the 'bok.

Perhaps we really should be giving Borgetti and Vaz Te a run in a 4-4-2.

It was disgusting the way we played so cautious against Sunderland. That was two points dropped.

3. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    What's the deal with Nakata?

Is he in basically the same boat as Borgetti?

4. Vicar

Vicar New Member

Sep 21, 2005
    Manchester, Langley
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    As far as Nkata is concerned Big Sam was qouted as saying he is not cutting it.According to Sam, Nakata's game strength is possession and he has not shown that level where he should be playing.From what I have seen I thought Nakata was doing well.The question I would like to ask Sam is, why not play Vaz Te more.In the ManU game I was thinking that his pace and cutting ability would have posed more problems for their defenders.

5. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He's not up to it sadly.

Borgetti just doesn't fit the system.

6. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It has seemed like Sam has made some very strange decisions over Christmas and New Year. Playing a weakened defensive side against Sunderland was the biggest blunder.

7. Vicar

Vicar New Member

Sep 21, 2005
    Manchester, Langley
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He may have been trying to give the defence some rest as the schedule was hectic over those two weeks, but it end up costing us two points against Sunderland.Gardner seem a bit shaky yesterday against Liverpool,this has me concerned.

8. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    Let me preface this by saying I truly do not mean to offend, however, has Sam lost his magic? Two big signings have been squandered, it's odd that both were having good runs prior to signing with Bolton then they get to Lancashire and they both are wasted.

Has Sam lost his Midas touch?