Bolivian teams in Copa Libertadores

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by atsegnorts, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You bolivians really don't know what your talking about when it comes to Neymar. He legitly got fouled 15 times last night you expect him not to go to ground when his legs are hacked at? If you get hit in the face with something your going to milk it because even though it was just a tangerine peel that could of been a battery or lighter. Who knows what else got thrown during the game, the tv cameras in bolivia always suck so kind of hard to see lol. Good luck in Brazil without the altitude and cold. Neymars the 3rd best player in the world btw you saying he can't cut in Europe is asanine.

2. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ur probably right about the 3 best in the world thing, he really is that talented.

But you have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to Bolivar. We play the same, in fact I think we play even better away. I'm all for playing in no altitude terrains.

3. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007

[​IMG]

4. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Just by the way you started your statement i could tell you are wrong a lot.
    1 Neymar deserves a olimpic medal ..... For diving
    2 he is not even top 5 at this time. Suarez, Tevez better at this time.
    3 You can count on one thing, Bolivar will be true to their style what ever may come.
    BTW I respect Santos long history of great players. Neymar is great,and has yet to fill his potential. As far as the fruit incident anyone would do the same, cant fault him on that.

5. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Guys, don't anger the troll.

6. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm really not trolling but you guys saying Neymar couldn't play in Europe is ignorant plus you guys acting like Altitude isn't an advantage is crazy.

7. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Luis Suarez has been above average this year at liverpool although I rate him above Van Persie which most people don't but Suarez is like 6 in the world. If we're judging current form Suarez isn't anywhere close to Neymar but i'm sure he'll be better soon. Tevez barely has played this year and if you think hes better than Neymar thats your opinion. I love Carlitos but neymars quiker, better dribbler, more creative, and almost as good a finisher. Neymars a lot better passer than both suarez and Carlitos. You guys think Neymars not tough and smart thats your main misconception about him. And yes i have seen bolivar games outside the altitude and saw them win on the road at Junior so I'm not being a hater, I was actually quite impressed.

8. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  9. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Look, retract the "you bolivians" quote and we can engage in conversations about who is a great player and who is not. Did Neymar get hacked a few times? yes. It's soccer you get hacked weather you're Neymar or Paul Scholes, it's part of the game. Did Neymar flop more times than usual, and the answer is also yes.

I love watching Neymar play, his talent is great, but that doesnt take away the fact that he didnt play his best that game. He did flop more than usual, he wasnt in his best game and part of that is the way Bolivar played him, it happens to everyone, including Messi. You are hating on the fact that Bolivia was then one that closed the door on him, hence the "you bolivians" coment.

You can think he is 3rd best or THE best, it doesnt matter. In the end we're judging his performance in his last game in Libertadores with Bolivar, and that particular game he FLOPPED. In an earlier post i compared him to Robinho. Is Robinho a good player, yes, does he have talent, yes, does he flop, yes.

I think you have to realize the difference. Sure he could be one of the Great ones, and run amock in Europe. But, for this game he didnt show his quality, and that can argued by just watching the game.

Again, you can say he is the best, but in the end this game he was anythign but the best. Maybe he didnt have the tank to do what he normally does at home, but a great player will play no matter the humidity or ALTITUDE. If you have doubts on that see Maradona and Pele, they both succeeded playing there regardless of condition. Those are great players, the ones who dont flop when things dont go their way, or who use ALTITUDE as an excuse.

10. MADPUPPY

MADPUPPY Member

Apr 4, 2000
    Neymar dives alot, and the whole world knows it. There's no doubt he's an ellite soccer player. The best soccer players tough it out. Neymar is nowhere among the "Tough" players. It's sad because he has the makings of it. No secret that many Brazilians are ashamed of his theatrics. Trust me, most of us know he doesn't just go down with Bolivian teams. Actually, our defenders foul less then most of South America.

Santos will throw everything at Bolivar. Still, Bolivar is full of strategy, and is headed by an amazing coach.

11. ElCaBrOnCeLeStE

Jan 6, 2009
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

12. Torito

Torito Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    yup, definitely seem to be playing the same

Bakaman and Emperor Adriano repped this.
  13. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Oh please do it. That would make you know your place. And no need to thank us for the lesson today.

sergtp repped this.
  14. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    to both the trolls here, i sincerely say, eat a dick.

15. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hey man...lol..cant really say anything haha

16. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Still no right to come in to our side of the forum and talk shit.....

17. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    8-0 ?

The Strongest fans were cheering for Santos to score in the double digits LMAO

Yeah Hoyos is gone now but I hope you guys see how tactically naive he is. A similar problem to Loco Bielsa. Major goleadas are the price to pay for stubbornness at trying to play an attacking aesthetically pleasing game in all situations. Especially when you don't have the experienced horses for it.

Meh, you'll rebound but I don't think all those crappy bolivar fans talking so much trash after advancing out of the group stage are feeling too hot right now. lol

18. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    You just looooove adding insult to injury don't ya Nilo' :p

With that said, It was obvious with how Hoyos played the game, never had our guys back down... that if against the perfect opponent... it could be disasterous. It happened....

I am getting over it...... but I mean at this point what could htey have done? 1-0 7mins in .... you just knew it was going to turn out bad.

19. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    After the 4th goal i had to turn the tv off. I believe there was a big lesson today and its not so much about Santos being so much better, wich they are. It's about strategy. I said before that Santos wasnt true to their style when they came to La Paz, but they got the result they needed. In retrospect Bolivar might have done a favor to themselves by not being so true to their style in Brazil. At least they might have saved face. Btw they Scaglia would have helped a great deal, may be it would not have been so lopsided.

Bolivianfuego repped this.
  20. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I am not happy, because Bolivar is as much Bolivia as The Strongest or Wilsterman or any team in Bolivia I just hope we all remember this in the fall or next copa libertadores when San Jose or Universitario are playing a Santos or a Boca Jrs. We as Bolivians should all cheer for the bolivian team wheather they are a "big team" or not. Bolivar is a big institution they will be back.

21. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yes, ever since scaglia left... we really lacked a good CM that can set things up, but also pull his weight defensively.

With hoyos gone, I am affraid Scaglia is leaving too. Frontini and Arguello for sure are gone with him, word is Arias may be coming back as a replacement....

22. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    It's that time again, starting soon. Libertadores 2013:

Bolivian clubs this year really got screwed. The Strongest and San Jose getting very difficult groups and Bolivar drawing against Sao Paulo to get into group3(The Strongest's group).

Group 3:

Arsenal (Arg)
    The Strongest
    Atletico Mineiro (Bra)
    G5

Group 5:

Corinthians (Bra)
    San Jose
    Millonarios (Col)
    Tijuana (Mex)

23. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Group 5 should be interesting. Tijuana is a good team. Watched them in the mexican final. Corinthians with their win recently against chelsea looked VERY Strong. Millionarios are the champs of the Sudamericana, right? They looked pretty damn good too... San Jose are going to be the whipping boy of that group.

24. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Sao Paulo are the Sudamericana champs, not Millonarios.
    Millonarios are the current Colombian champions. Corinthians are world champs and Tijuana mexican champs.
    I wouldn't be calling them "whipping boy" yet, but they will most likely not move on. They have a descent squad with Saucedo.

25. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Oops. But you got to be realistic here.... Millionarios played pretty damn good in the sudamericana. I didn't catch the final, but I thought htey won. I was wrong. They played Martins' gremio... and beat em.

I think their only hope is to get out front of Tijuana... but they too were a very strong team. I see that as the group of the death, truthfully.