Bolivian Football

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by Erwin Sanchez, Sep 25, 2002.

1. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Ok cool! I still got a couple of the cool old school ones, Umbro's.

2. Serra

Serra New Member

Oct 7, 2008
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    For some reason, when you vote in the 2010 RSL Goal of the Year poll in the Real Salt Lake (MLS) team forum, it brings you to this old thread. Sorry to bump an old thread, but apparently BigSoccer thinks it is important enough to send all of us here, so maybe it needs to be bumped! :)

3. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Wow thats funny lol

4. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    So there I was, on AA flight 922 traveling to lapaz. I am in the window sit, and this too scotish guys sit on the other two seats. I knew they were scotish because of their thick accent and their polo shirts that had the scotish emblem on it. So I was sleeping pretty much all the way into the early early mourning. Then I started carring a conversation with the one guy next to me. Of course right of the bat we start talking about futbol. Just general World friendlies that were played this past week. By the way I was very impressed with the guys spanish. So I asked him what was he going to do in Bolivia, was he on a tourist trip or missionary. He told me and I quote ¨I have a meeting with your boss morales¨ Of course I thought he was being funny but he explained. His name was Timmy and his buddy was Wil, they work for Celtics futbol club in Scotland. The club was tasked by the bolivian goverment to carry a phsyco analysis of the bolivian futbol player. So he was gonna do a clinic with four clubs in bolivia two in Santa cruz, one in Cochabama and and one in Lapaz. He had to report his finding to Evo. I was of course stunned and intrigued, so I continue to ask more questions. He explain that 15 years ago his boss at Celtics had done a similar task for Ecuador. Its a letter of agreement that Celtics has with some of the Conmebol countries. But usually they do this clinic only at club level. So then I threw in my two cents, on how I viewed the bolivian futbol player how his nutristion is such a factor in thier developement. I also explain the horrible job that both the federation and league do to promote the youth talent. Finally I told him about a couple of the guys who where sent abroad with the promise of contracts, only to have to return a few weeks later with the shame that they where just tryouts and that the business man or agent was just leading them on. Well our converstation went on untill i left the plane in lapaz. I hope evo really uses this guys information to help futbol and isn´t gonna use this guys as a publicity stunt. Pretty cool huh.....;)

5. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Innnnnteresting.

Good shit ATS. Where were they going? Was this on your flight back?

Hopefully this can get our shit back on track, and Evo can use these findings to really improve our futbol, like he really wants to.

6. pollo86supremo

Oct 7, 2010
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    GOOD $hit dude!!!!!!!!!! im glad we are getting and outside(unbias) source to help with our players!!

7. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    What's this? We're making an effort to attain "primary" data to make a regression model and a good hypothesis? Awsome EVO! This is how things get done in the real business world. I'm indeed impressed! Gosh, and I thought Evo was following the business trend in Bolivia which followed the warm fuzzy feeling in the heart. This is great news!

EVo has ways of having me hate him one second to loving him the next, then be disgusted, and then happy, then frusterated.... you get the trend. This is big news!

Nutrition plays a major coefficient here. As does poor management and professionalism.

Dale ASTEGNORTS!!

8. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    ^^^
    NERD!!!!!!!!! :D

But really that's a great story atsegnorts. Quick clarification though, did you mean "psycho" or "physical" analysis. Big difference.

Can't really say I'm optimistic though. These things have been done a dozen times before. There's a stack of reports by in house and independent agencies collecting dust all over FBF's offices that have been done through out the years.

As I've said before, the analysis is not the problem it's the implementation of real solutions. It's all hot air until something actually gets done and judging by history (the best indicator of future results) then nothing is going to get done.

9. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Implementation is always a problem. I agree that they likely have alot of data, but I think most of it is secondary data that very likely lacked a hypothesis or determined the primary coefficients of the serious issues that need to be dealt with.

The fact that the study is being contracted by Evo's administration means something will be done. Hopefully.

10. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    "Si no hacen lo que les digo, LES MATO A TODOS! Incluido a vos........ Rimba." - Evo

11. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Care to explain what this quote means?

12. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I meant to make a funny face about it. LOL Chill out Chico, real bored on this friday. :p

Edit: Thats how I see it working out in a animated short. lol

13. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    It's called testosteron.

We build and destroy bridges for no reason when testosteron levels are high.
    :D

Fuego, put that energy toward that Fifa game!

14. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Bout to put it towards some jack and coke tonight! ;)

15. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    What did Jack ever do to you? Leave him alone....

(all you need is ice vato :D )

16. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Haha true.... hmmm... tonight on ice for chico! :p

17. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Jaja, old school. Class.

Pay attention you whippersnappers.

18. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    didnt want to do a new thread so i'll post it here.

happy turkey day to all you guys and your families.

19. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Same to you Bolivar turkey's :D

20. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member