Bolivian Football

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by Erwin Sanchez, Sep 25, 2002.

1. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Damn it!!! somethings wrong with my connection to that website. I can't get it. Anyone know who the goal was by?

Someone post the final when you get a chance

2. Che Matador

Che Matador Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Inside the Beltway
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    here is some additional news that i found out.

SEÑAL ABIERTA

El partido será emitido por ITS en el sistema de cable en Santa Cruz y la Red Uno en señal abierta para todo el país.

Ejecutivos de la red televisiva informaron que la transmisión arrancará 30 minutos antes del encuentro, programado para las 14:30 (hora boliviana). Fernando Berdeja comandará el trabajo.

3. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    I couldn't find anything on that channel either, I don't know if they have live broadcasts on the net from Santa Cruz. I know they usually just post novelas & news. Oh well, guess I'll get back to work, post the final & details when anyone gets a chance. Thanks

4. Che Matador

Che Matador Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Inside the Beltway
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    its over Final score is

South Africa 0 vs 1 (min 23) Bolivia

still no word on who scored....
    so great win by Bolivia today, how long has it been since we won away? I wish I could have seen the game so that it would give me a better look on how Bolivia is playing right now

5. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC

If it means anything, we spanked Honduras in DC with a pro Honduras crowd less then 2 years ago.

Platini is the man. I had mixed emotions about this match. I'm really happy we beat a team ranked way higher then us, in a totally different time zone, and with key players missing.

If we beat Chili in Chili, and win one more of our friendlies, then I'm definantly going to Boston when we play Ireland.

6. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    It's not necessarily a great win, frankly I could care less if Bolivia won or lost. I care more about how they played, were they attacking, defending, tactical scheme, who played, who had stamina, was the defense good, who played like crap, etc etc

Remember you can win a game and still play like crap, for all we know this was a lucky goal and Bolivia played horribly. I just hope we played well, afterall this is a friendly & the result is meaningless and we played a weak team.

That being said a win is a win and hopefully will instill some confidence in the players that think they can only win in the altitude of La Paz.

7. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC

You know, I really don't care much if we play pretty or not. I used to, but not anymore.

I remembered when we out played Uruguay the entire 90 minutes in Uruguay, but they beat us on a counter. Uruguays system is very defensive, and it works. At the end of the day, it was the uruguayens walking out happy, and us miserable. They probally put together 5 passes, while we put together 9999999.

Another example is Italy. Their system is very similar to Uruguay. Offensively, they depend heavy on the Counter. They are a defensive minded team. They don't play pretty, but they play to win.

We need to start playing to win, and stop trying to look so agile and waste time with the extra pass.

A goal feels soo much better then a nice pass.

8. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    I agree with you completely, winning is all that matters....IN IMPORTANT GAMES. ie WC qualifying, Copa America, WC, or any other tournament of importance. Who wins a friendly however doesn't matter. I don't care about FIFA rankings, notching a W on our belt, or feeling better about ourselves. I care about getting to the WC in S. Africa or winning Copa America.

The only way to do that is to improve our overall game and improving the quality of each of these friendlies. It's not the result that matters now but only the process.

From the sounds of this article it sounds like we were lucky to eek out a victory and S. Africa was the attacking dangerous team, and no one on our team really stood out or created problems for them, can't say I'm overly encouraged. Anyone saw the game?

http://www.eldeber.com.bo/2007/2007-03-28/vernotaaldia.php?id=1081

This article pretty much confirms that it was a fluke lucky goal, oh well hopefully we can create real chances and danger in future games.

http://www.facetasdeportivastv.com/leer.php?id=37490

9. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    A wins a win, though, and with Platini as DT we are 2-0.

IRELANDS NEXT!!!

10. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Winning, much like losing is contagious. First they have to believe in Platini's system and then work hard to make it work.

Great points by yourself and 1MADDOG

11. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I may be in the minority but the team should look at their rankings. I know the actual ranking is dumb because you have teams above Bolivia that dont play quality teams. What i care about the rankings is that it should push the team to beat teams like Paraguay, Uruguay, CHile and Peru. We can def beat those teams, we lacked confidence and prowess in the past. Sure the goal was a fluke but in the past we would've botched that opportunity. (Remember in the WC in 94 when the keeper gave the ball to Moreno and what did he do?)
    From what i read it looks like, although didnt play great soccer, they played as a team and not just a bunch of players taking shots at the goal from half way. THat and the fact that they played good defense (from reading the SA team had no clear chances at a goal) are all good signs. I know it's a friendly but most of you still followed it closely, and you didnt follow it closely just to hear that they lost but played well, you wanted to hear both that they played well and won. A win is a win (unless is a win against the U-17 team or something like that). I'm glad they got the win and that it was away. Maybe if they keep playing well and improving (this is only their second friendly under a new coach with favorable results) Bolivian players will be noticed once again.

On a different note, what the hell is wrong with Bolivar, everytime they have a chance to move on they mess it up.

12. Che Matador

Che Matador Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Inside the Beltway
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Come on man, we Bolivians never seem to be satisfied no matter what. Look how many times have we lead a game only to be beaten in the last min (think Venezuela last qualifying). I agree that I rather see how well the team played but a win outside of Bolivia against a South Africa is great for our players. It will give them faith in themselves and more importantly faith in the system of the coach. South Africa choose Bolivia because they believed that they can get a good result against a "low" team from South America, and in fact they had their work cut out and even Pereria was suprised on how well Bolivia played. Its fact that even though it was a "fluke" Bolivia still held on to the lead and won the game. What would you be saying if we lost but dominated the whole game?

South Africa doesnt seem to be prepared..... When was the last time a host nation didnt make it past the first round?

also Bolivar....... what can i say about them..

13. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Well you're right about one thing...short of a great showing at the WC i'll never be satisfied with the team :D

I don't think we should, look what being satisfied with subpar competition, lack luster play, bad results, moral victories, weak league, etc etc etc
    has gotten us since 94......ZIP!

Extremely high expectations should be the norm, our players, federation, coaches, and fans suffer from a conformist attitude. You can flame me all you want but I would have rather dominated the whole game and lost or tied. Why? because like i said this is only a friendly and IMO how we play as a team is more important NOW than the result. Of course come Copa America or WC qualifying I could care less how we win as long as we win. As far as the strenght of opponent I don't think anyone can truly tell me with a straight face that as of right now S. Africa is a top 6 African team.

Now that I'm off my soapbox I would like to offer my condolences to the Bolivar faithful. I don't want to say I told u so, but I told u so :p

14. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    I would like to see the game.

I don't consider Paraguay, Uruguay,Chile, Peru very weak at all. I actually see them ahead of us. Now to see teams like Iran, Cuba, Panama and Guatemala ahead of us is a different story.

With the given resources (smaller and slower players then other Comebol teams), I think we have our work cut out. The good thing is, we are very good with the ball, but no better or worse then the other SA teams that was listed before.

Platini has to develop a system that is for them. It's not going to be easy. Playing defensively is great if we have fast forwards and midfielders to give the ball to on the counter, but we don't have that luxury. We need to be super organized, and it sounds like we are. I liked how Vaca knew exactly what to do with that misplaced ball, and our forward came through.

Platini is giving his heart and soul to the NATS. I'm so looking forward to the game against Chili, a team that has much slower players then the South Africans. Our coach says we are going to be offensive minded, but I think he's just bluffing. I'm expecting us to play somewhat defensive, and organized for opportunistic situations.

15. Che Matador

Che Matador Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Inside the Beltway
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    on a side note:
    Is the May 26th game against Ireland in Boston or in DC, on one site it says Boston, on the other it says washington dc?

does anyone know?

16. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Yes I know for sure that it will be in BOSTON, I know the site that says DC, take everything they write with a grain of salt half the time they get their info through indirect sources.

I'm still not sure if the Chile game is a done deal. I'm pretty sure they're still trying to iron out all the details & knowing our federation it'll fall through, but at least the Ireland game will go forward no matter what.

Will anyone be going to Boston to see the game? I got some drunken Irish mates I might head out there with if I'm not out of town again, anyone else?

17. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Apparently, Chile wants to play Bolivia, and Bolivia wants to play Chile, so I'm darn sure this game is happening. I also heard that the game is not 100% finalized, but I'm pretty sure it's a go. With the way Chile played the last 2 games, I'm pretty sure they want a few more friendlies.

If Bolivia can pull another win out of BOlivia before the Boston Game, I'm definantly going and will happily cheer on BOlivia w/ you! I will most likely make the road trip down there with a few buddies from LaNorte (DC United faithful who happen to be BOlivian). Our motto is simple, don't sit with us unless your going to stand and sing! So be prepared!

Darn people, we are ranked below Togo and Qatar!! FIFA ranking sucks the big one, but it's a good measure to compare to ones self, not others.

18. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Like I said before who cares about FIFA rankings, everyone knows they're completely useless.

As far as the Boston game, I'm very used to not sitting at all during the game. I was in Germany for the WC with some of my English mates & all we did was get drunk, sing, jump & have "fun" with some of the Brazilian, Czech, and Aussie girls :D

People thought it was kinda funny having a Bolivian English Hooligan singing & drinking along with my Rooney jersey, Damn those brits can drink. I know we Bolivians think we're quality when it comes to drinking cerveza......well we ain't got sh*t on the English & Germans :eek:

Anyway, hope there's a nice sized Bolivian contingent in Boston. I know the Irish will be out in full force as always.

19. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  20. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
  21. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Did you guys talk to an Admin.?
    Usually, they have the final say.

Metro

22. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    CHICO13, you are the man!!

We got our FORUM!!!! I guess we just sit pretty and wait for them to set it up.

23. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Woooooohoooooooo!!!

Finalmente tengo un lugar donde puedo quejarme de las estupideses y debilidad de Blooming, la liga, FBF etc etc etc :D

Yo creo que ahora le toca a los amigos Charruas que tengan su propio forum dedicada al futbol de Uruguay.

24. superfrantheman

superfrantheman Red Card

Nov 11, 2006
    Olvidados de Dios
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    si ya es hora, venezuel ay apraguay si vana tener que seguir aqui, les falta mas gente para que tengan su propio forum

pero ojala pronto en el futuro todos los paises tengan su propio foro

25. superfrantheman

superfrantheman Red Card

Nov 11, 2006
    Olvidados de Dios
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    por cierto si CHICO13 fue el que estuvo ahi a cada rato y gracias a el tienen el SUBFORUM, porque no lo ponen a el como su MOD